Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 16:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Black dog

If a dog goes for a second chip, I'm sure whoever does the chipping will scan the dog first and if a chip is found they will be able to trace the owner. The chip details of our Max are held on petlog database. When we moved house we had to inform petlog of our new address so they could update their details.His chip details are now altered.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2014, 19:18   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Compulsory microchipping is coming in.
Just because something is "compulsory" doesn't mean that it will get done ... that's why there are threads about the way people park and drive. Chipping may be one way to go; but there is no substitute for taking good care of one's best buddy. My scruffy little munchkin never ever goes anywhere without me ... She's deaf; so, I can't call her ... but even if she weren't, she would never be out of my sight.
maxthecollie likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 23:36   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
If a dog goes for a second chip, I'm sure whoever does the chipping will scan the dog first and if a chip is found they will be able to trace the owner...
That hasn't been my experience. The vet who did our pups three years ago just injected the chip without an initial scan. If we'd stolen them, there would be two chips in there.

He did scan afterwards to verify the one he'd just inserted could be read.. I'm intrigued as to how the software and hardware would have dealt with it if there had been two chips being in there...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:24   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

There is no requirement for vets, Police, Highways Agency or whoever else to scan a found dog to try and alert the owners it has been found live or dead. This will still be the case when compulsory microchipping comes in (next year I think)

This is an interesting read about microchipping Vets Get Scanning
Studio25 and maxthecollie like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:20   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
...This is an interesting read about microchipping Vets Get Scanning
Signed and shared.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 15:54   #21
Full Member+

We had our Normie micro chipped when he was a pup mainly because the Army Post we lived on at the time had it in the regs as we rescued him.
He was almost most 14 years old when we had to make the toughest choice and stop his suffering this October
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:31   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
.. and I thought it was in reference to Churchill's mental state.

=

Unfortunately, I don't recognise the lost dog
As did I!

I hope the dog is okay and gets back where he belongs, he looks lovely
Studio25 likes this.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:10   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
There is no requirement for vets, Police, Highways Agency or whoever else to scan a found dog to try and alert the owners it has been found live or dead. This will still be the case when compulsory microchipping comes in (next year I think)

This is an interesting read about microchipping Vets Get Scanning
personally i think they should have to notify owners

when my sons dog went missing he was devostated and despite me not living with him or having anything to do with the dog at all it was me who spent weeks looking for the dog even though with the time of year and the extreem cold i had a good idea it was either stolen , taken in by someone who decided to keep it or dead but you cant really say that to a 7 year old

surely it cant take too much effort to notify owners when their dogs are found dead it not only gives the owner closure but could help in some way to catch people who steal dogs so they can be used to train illigal fighting dogs.

i thought the whole idea of chipping a dog was so that owners could be found it shouldnt matter if the dog is dead or alive if an owner has been resposible enough to chip the dog teh least that can be done for them is to say when its been found regardless of its state

im not what you would call an animal lover either theres just wrong and right and not notifying owners of their pet been found dead is wrong
cashman, Eric, Studio25 and 2 others like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..