Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2014, 18:59   #16
God Member

Re: Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Lewd behaviour in a public place.
its not its fault it was born with its testicles under its chin
maxthecollie likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2014, 19:16   #17
Full Member+

Black Friday ie. when the bargains were available used to occur at a logical time, which was Boxing Day but nowadays, with instant this and instant that the bargains are only available to those who have nothing better to do than queue up in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
I haven't got the time or the inclination to join in with this mayhem as I am far too busy earning a living and paying taxes to keep these wasters in beer, fags and onesies.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 19:49   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The rotten behaviour of British shoppers isn't the fault of the Americans; and it has nothing to do with the overreaction of American coppers. If Brits choose to behave like ignorant greedy assholes, it's their choice. Nobody is forcing you guys to ape American customs.

And remember, they don't have drunken, violent hooligans at their football games. If you are blaming others for faults stamped "Made in the UK", maybe you should go shopping for some discount logic.
Well said, theres knobheads everywhere n Englands got as many in comparison to the yanks.
Old 29-11-2014, 20:27   #19

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"Made in the UK", maybe you should go shopping for some discount logic.
And to emphasise your point...a Canadians view in song... and can't argue with this logic at all

Eric likes this.
Old 29-11-2014, 23:55   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its not its fault it was born with its testicles under its chin
I was thinking more of the constant gobbling!
Old 30-11-2014, 00:05   #21
Senior Member+

Perhaps they had already taken a lead from the TV showing all the riots in the US?
Old 30-11-2014, 13:36   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps they had already taken a lead from the TV showing all the riots in the US?
No need to look across the Atlantic Mr Y the Tottenham riots in the aftermath of the shooting of Mark Duggan maybe?

Incidentally I am intrigued that the bulk of the Black Friday troubles if the BBC is to be believed happened in the North of England.

Not rioting in my book, just selfish, me me me people wanting to get something on the cheap .
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 13:48   #23
Beacon of light

There is nothing material that I want so much that I would get into a scrum to get it.
I wonder if the people concerned could see that they had lost something worth more than money by getting into such scraps....their dignity and integrity....but then maybe those concepts are alien to them.
Eric likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 14:40   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is nothing material that I want so much that I would get into a scrum to get it.
I wonder if the people concerned could see that they had lost something worth more than money by getting into such scraps....their dignity and integrity....but then maybe those concepts are alien to them.
That fer my money, as i said many many times is the society created by You know who, imho.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 30-11-2014, 16:28   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That fer my money, as i said many many times is the society created by You know who, imho.
Are your children/grandchildren like this Cashy?
I am sure they aren't......I know mine aren't.
Some parents are not fit to rear budgies, never mind children......and those are the ones who encourage this kind of behaviour.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-11-2014, 16:36   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Are your children/grandchildren like this Cashy?
I am sure they aren't......I know mine aren't.
Some parents are not fit to rear budgies, never mind children......and those are the ones who encourage this kind of behaviour.
Agree, but were have many of these originated? I'm damn sure i know.
Old 30-11-2014, 17:02   #27
Beacon of light

Well, I think a lot of it has to do with family values. Not just a single parent.......this is not to say that there are not some very capable single parents out there.......but children having children is always going to be a recipe for disaster.
Old 01-12-2014, 19:12   #28
Senior Member+

I wouldn't waste my time queuing for a sale and risking getting crushed in the rush to bag a cheap item, if I need something I will go when the shop is not so busy and browse about a bit before I make a decision.
Saying all that I was looking at BT's infinity broadband sale on line today and thought I'd ring and plead the old pensioner and long term customer spiel.
I finished up ordering infinity 2 and keeping the unlimited downloads and evening and weekend calls I have now. I also a have BT vision box which is still included in the new deal. I get Sport 1 and 2 and something called ESNP thrown in.
So I upgraded to infinity and got it all for £0.85p less then I am paying now for normal broadband. Free delivery and set up by an engineer next week.

Total job lot just under £19 a month and I pay the rental yearly.
It's a 18 month contract and as I've been with BT since 1971 I doubt I will be changing.

All from the comfort of my settee.
Old 01-12-2014, 21:01   #29
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I wouldn't waste my time queuing for a sale and risking getting crushed in the rush to bag a cheap item, if I need something I will go when the shop is not so busy and browse about a bit before I make a decision.
Saying all that I was looking at BT's infinity broadband sale on line today and thought I'd ring and plead the old pensioner and long term customer spiel.
I finished up ordering infinity 2 and keeping the unlimited downloads and evening and weekend calls I have now. I also a have BT vision box which is still included in the new deal. I get Sport 1 and 2 and something called ESNP thrown in.
So I upgraded to infinity and got it all for £0.85p less then I am paying now for normal broadband. Free delivery and set up by an engineer next week.

Total job lot just under £19 a month and I pay the rental yearly.
It's a 18 month contract and as I've been with BT since 1971 I doubt I will be changing.

All from the comfort of my settee.
That is the (sensible) way to do it.
Old 09-12-2014, 20:14   #30

After adopting the 'Black Friday' tradition from across the pond, we now need to prepare our country for some more activities that made America great.

Waterboarding, Sleep Deprivation, Solitary Confinement........

God Bless America
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..