Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2010, 08:47   #1
Senior Member+

Black ice!

Be really careful today! BLACK ICE. The roads look as though the rain has washed the snow away and you can see the tarmac again, BUT, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. So many "near" accidents happening and cars/vans sliding all over the road near where I live!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2010, 09:13   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Black ice!

I was very lucky and managed to drive Siobhan to school just before it started raining. I have since seen numerous cars struggling to get up the hill with their wheels spinning on the black ice, they have all given up in the end.

I just hope it rains long and hard enough to wash it away and that there are no serious accidents today.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:18   #3
Resting in Peace

Just watched a car dancing on ice down Merlin Drive
Old 15-01-2010, 10:11   #4
God Member

The pavements are awful as well.

There was someone who'd fallen outside St Mary's school today. There were enough people around her and I was in my car so didn't stop, but was clearly dangerous.

Ironic isn't it, that it's more dangerous underfoot now than it was last week when the schools were shut because it was dangerous!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 10:16   #5
Beacon of light

It took me 20 minutes to walk the mile to school this morning, and the same to get back........it was treacherous......the ice is uneven and shiny....deadly!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 10:23   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yep nearly necked meself when i just went out to butchers defo the worst its been ice wise.
Old 15-01-2010, 10:43   #7
Resting in Peace

Well i had to go to town and with the way the pavements are its easier to walk on the road i nearly fell about 6 times just getting to the bus stop walking on glass pavements
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 11:13   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
There was someone who'd fallen outside St Mary's school today. There were enough people around her and I was in my car so didn't stop, but was clearly dangerous.
I saw her too Gayle. The crossing chap is a top man, he had her wrapped up in his long yellow coat and a couple of other people were with her. It reminded me to sort out my 1st aid training on monday. I forgot something from home so came back for it, as I left again the ambulance was there and she must have been in the back.
Old 15-01-2010, 11:14   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It took me 20 minutes to walk the mile to school this morning, and the same to get back........it was treacherous......the ice is uneven and shiny....deadly!
Yeah but my girl loved being dragged to school. She just stood still and I pulled her like she was on skates
Old 15-01-2010, 11:46   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I saw her too Gayle. The crossing chap is a top man, he had her wrapped up in his long yellow coat and a couple of other people were with her. It reminded me to sort out my 1st aid training on monday. I forgot something from home so came back for it, as I left again the ambulance was there and she must have been in the back.
Yes, the crossing man is a top chap.

I'll find out what happened when I go to pick M&Z up this afternoon.

Another reason why I didn't stop was because my limited knowledge of first aid wouldn't have helped anyone. I should really go on a course, it would help out for events and workshops etc.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 12:56   #11
Beacon of light

Neil, I had two tinlids to take safely to school.......it was fraught, they were reluctant to hold my hand. I could see one of us with something broken before we got there......Madam Bossy drawers did fall, about 50 yards from the school......but only her tights were harmed
Old 15-01-2010, 15:00   #12
Senior Member+

Was a nightmare this Morning, i went Gym at Hyndburn Sports Centre at 7.30 and the Car Park was ruddy leathal, think i worked off more calories in my breakdancing routine outside than i did in the Gym!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 15:56   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just watched a car dancing on ice down Merlin Drive
evidently they did well

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:45   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
.....Madam Bossy drawers did fall, about 50 yards from the school......but only her tights were harmed
lol at the name

I hope only her pride was hurt.
Old 15-01-2010, 19:08   #15
Beacon of light

Neil, only her tights suffered.
And if you knew her you would understand the name.......she is 4 going on 40.......I think she is going to make some man........well, yes....she will make some man!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..