Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 09:23   #1

Blackburn to Church,

So i finished work yesterday tea-time, about 5pm ish. Got on the No 1 bus to church and awaited to leave blackburn town centre. Old ladies got piled on, as did chavs and a few mothers with young children.
Ohhhh great, this is perfect. All i needed after a hard days work and ranting on accyweb. thank god its only a 20 min bus ride. OR SO I THOUGHT!

it took 10 minutes to get out of the town centre ( the bit where the roundabout is coming onto accy road. AND THEN, allll the way along ennam TRAFFIC JAMS!!! Eventually we reached INTACK, and....oh no, the TRAFFIC LIGHTS werent working! So, a futher 30 mins STUCK there with chavs and their mobile phones blarring that chavvy mc crap, and kids screaming, and old woman jabbering on about how they werent any traffic in thier day. WELL YES!!! THEY WERENT ANY CARS BACK IN YOUR DAY!!!

Eventually, i reached my destination...my tea cold as my partner had cooked it an hour ago so now i have to eat microwaved fajitas!

It was then i realised that the next time the boss asks me to stick around a lil while longer, i will poke my scissors in his eye and say "Screw you bob!"

(Total time taken to get home = 50 mins )

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2008, 09:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

re: Blackburn to Church,

intack lights weren't working on monday, road works so temp lights are installed, also was a diversion, was a pain, but thats life.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35   #3

pain the butt isnt it?!
Makes me wish i had wings...or rocket powered rollerskates

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44   #4
God Member

50 mins - pah, my 45 minute morning journey has at worst turned into 4.5 hours one night.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45   #5

No way, where were you travelling from?

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 07-08-2008, 09:56   #6

wow cat karma
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57   #7

say what???

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 07-08-2008, 10:18   #8
God Member

I work 5 miles south of Knutsford, at 6 am it takes 45 mins,

The day in Q teh M6 was blocked at Thelwall due to a wagon blocking 3 out of 4 lanes, teh M60 was blocked at Barton due to someone hitting central res and a 6 car pile up at stockport blocked teh 60 anti clockwise. I ended up coming right through the centre of manchester which was total gridlock as it was about the only way still moving albeit slowly, then the M66 was blocked at ramsbottom....... I was dying for a pee when I got in

Old 07-08-2008, 10:28   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I work 5 miles south of Knutsford, at 6 am it takes 45 mins,

The day in Q teh M6 was blocked at Thelwall due to a wagon blocking 3 out of 4 lanes, teh M60 was blocked at Barton due to someone hitting central res and a 6 car pile up at stockport blocked teh 60 anti clockwise. I ended up coming right through the centre of manchester which was total gridlock as it was about the only way still moving albeit slowly, then the M66 was blocked at ramsbottom....... I was dying for a pee when I got in
I feel sorry for you entwisi, Barton Bridge is a night mare, when the slightest thing goes wrong. my other half lives manchest way and when there's a problem at Barton Bridge it cocks all the roads up in that visinity
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50   #10
God Member

One of the benefits of the motorcycle is no matter how bad the roads are I'm guaranteed to be home in 1:30 as I can filter at 30-40mph

Old 07-08-2008, 11:29   #11

I used to live in Bradford and when i came home from work i was ALWAYS stuck in traffic coming out of the city centre. Its usually a 2-25 min trip, but after 5pm...oh christ, 2 hours on some occasions.

Leeds is even worse.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 07-08-2008, 14:30   #12
God Member

Whats wrong with walking from Blackburn? It's only four miles to Church which should take just over an hour at a brisk pace. You'll feel alot better for it not only physically buut mentally - think of all the nonsense you'll avoid on the bus, not to mention the £1.50 saved.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 14:36   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

true i used to walk from blackburn to accy every friday night - sat morning n ya know what- drunk as a skunk n never once waylaid. tea time should be a doddle even now danny.
Old 07-08-2008, 14:46   #14
God Member

It is more than £1:50 from Blackburn to Church, it is £1 from Acrrington to Church so god knows how much it is to Blackburn
Old 07-08-2008, 14:48   #15
God Member

Its £1.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..