Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2008, 08:12   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool Rocks

I like blackpool but its expensive to me, wouldnt mind spending a weekend there but doubt i could afford 1 week never mind 2. I know it needs "work doing" but still aint that bad really
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2008, 09:20   #17
Resting in Peace

If I want punishment I'll walk about with nails in my shoes
Old 26-07-2008, 09:47   #18

I prefer Blackpool for the odd days out. SOMEONE keeps trying to convnce me its great to live. Saying that, theyve tried for 5 years to convince me, and I'm still here
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 09:57   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
I prefer Blackpool for the odd days out. SOMEONE keeps trying to convnce me its great to live. Saying that, theyve tried for 5 years to convince me, and I'm still here
well i found it ok to live onlyme n i really did NOT want to move there, shes right it is a good place long as ya avoid the rough areas, same as anywhere else.
Old 26-07-2008, 10:08   #20
Senior Member+

I've worked in Blackpool for the last 6 years and lived on the Fylde for a while too. I think when you live and work in an area you get a different perspective of a place.

I know that Blackpool has a lot of problems and parts of it are like inner city areas, but as a couple of others have said, things are slowly changing. A few years ago Blackpool had one of the worst educational records in the country, but I have seen the changes that are taking place and improvements are happening.

Daytrippers/weekenders will see one side of Blackpool, but you don't see the whole picture and so it's hard to judge the place.
Old 26-07-2008, 12:11   #21
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Blackpool Rocks

Just come back from Blackpool... had two days camping, spent all day and fortune on the pleasure beach... I was thinking a good few years ago how busy the place would have been with the wakes weeks and what have you: also not so, it was really quiet for the time of year: sad really: but the place is over priced and in some areas very dirty:

The camp site was moss view , near the airport ten quid per tent per night: nothing on the site other than a shower and wash block: but nice and flat and peaceful: and its only eight quid into Blackpool less than 10 mins away:

so can recommend the site, not bad if you have kids and want to get away on the cheap:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 13:04   #22
Resting in Peace

I visit Blackpool about 8 times a year. - Lovely Airport.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 15:21   #23
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

I would and have done camping at Marton Mere. Blackpool zoo is a lovely day out and not expensive. Likewise a nice day on the beach with a picnic and donkey rides and paddling in the sea is a nice day out that also doesn't coast the earth. coral island has good toddler rides that are cheap and good value. You can spend hours on the 2p slots and pushers for less than a fiver. The shops are decent for a wallk round. The sandcastle is fun and not too dear, there is fleetwood freeport down the road for shopping, just playing with Siobhan on the site, or in the splash zone or on the playground or feeding the ducks/geese. There is the Martin Mere wildlife centre not far away and the windmill farm and activity centre pretty much next door. iMHO it just takes imagination.

Even if you go abroad you still have to spend money and or travel to the local attractions.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 15:27   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

I would and have done camping at Marton Mere. Blackpool zoo is a lovely day out and not expensive. Likewise a nice day on the beach with a picnic and donkey rides and paddling in the sea is a nice day out that also doesn't coast the earth. coral island has good toddler rides that are cheap and good value. You can spend hours on the 2p slots and pushers for less than a fiver. The shops are decent for a wallk round. The sandcastle is fun and not too dear, there is fleetwood freeport down the road for shopping, just playing with Siobhan on the site, or in the splash zone or on the playground or feeding the ducks/geese. There is the Martin Mere wildlife centre not far away and the windmill farm and activity centre pretty much next door. iMHO it just takes imagination.

Even if you go abroad you still have to spend money and or travel to the local attractions.
Sorry to burst the bubble entwisi, but you forgot to mention the weather
Old 26-07-2008, 15:42   #25
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Heh the first time we went to Mallorca we landed mid typhoon. The north of the island (where we were staying) was flooded, hotels battered, boats smashed, trees uprooted etc. I still remember driving the hire car through floods deeper than the sills of the car. We were even moved out for one night as the forecast was so bad that they were scared for our safety. So it isn't exactly guaranteed even if you head to the med.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 16:38   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i found it ok to live onlyme n i really did NOT want to move there, shes right it is a good place long as ya avoid the rough areas, same as anywhere else.
Dont you start Cashy lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 22:35   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Dont you start Cashy lol

Nice one cashy .... pint on its way lmao!!!!

Absolutely heaving this weekend, Havent seen it so busy for quite a few years in all honesty.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 22:52   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I visit Blackpool about 8 times a year. - Lovely Airport.
Me too....but what about the big guy's dressed up like festered toe's in the four corners of the baggage collection.
I chose a trolley (As you do) that went everywitchway but where I wanted it to go....The guy's thought that was funny.
My fag quota although legal, without answering awkward questions, was allowed in and I always now pick a trolley that has a bouncy wheel or steering difficulties.
Bent really?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 01:07   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Me too....but what about the big guy's dressed up like festered toe's in the four corners of the baggage collection.
I chose a trolley (As you do) that went everywitchway but where I wanted it to go....The guy's thought that was funny.
My fag quota although legal, without answering awkward questions, was allowed in and I always now pick a trolley that has a bouncy wheel or steering difficulties.
Bent really?
Only ever have hand luggage Oh and a Spanish donkey for the granddaughter.Or is it a Mule.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 10:06   #30
Resting in Peace

Once remember a few years ago went on a pub ride out to Blackpool, and were taking a trip down the prom and so some work being done on the sea front property, the workmen had put up a sign on the scaffolding which read "WELCOME TO THE COASTA DEL ROUGHIT"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..