Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2006, 19:01   #76
I am Banned

Re: Blanket Smoking Ban

not being nasty or anything but the stag is my house? what about me and my familiy? do we just up and leave because people want to smoke?
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2006, 19:03   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
not being nasty or anything but the stag is my house? what about me and my familiy? do we just up and leave because people want to smoke?
No wouldnt think of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 19:05   #78

Quote:
By the way, if you try really, really hard you might just realise that all this suffering that you are going through was caused because a few people several years ago thought that the earth was round and not flat, if they had minded their own business we might not be having this discussion.
Who's suffering? The only suffering I'm doing is itching to get back to work after half term....................
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 19:10   #79
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
its only a pretend living room

ps:

dosnt your dad smoke or does he only do it in the pub part..?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 19:11   #80
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylum
Who's suffering? The only suffering I'm doing is itching to get back to work after half term....................
I do apologise I thought I was talking to someone old enough to hold down a full time proper job!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 19:12   #81

Sorry, no. I'm only 52.
Old 15-02-2006, 19:12   #82
I am Banned

yeah he smokes, and you can tell in the morning as soon as he wakes up. very worried about him but he wont listen. smokers have got to realise its not just them selves that there putting at risk but loved ones too.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 19:26   #83

Quote:
Sorry, no. I'm only 52.
Well, three more years then you can take early retirement and steal someone else's job to subsidise your pension, let me know when it happens then you can let me know how the novelty of working for a living suits you.
Old 15-02-2006, 19:34   #84

I'm not sure, but I think you think I'm a teacher. I'm not. But I do work in the oldest school in the country, which is also one of the top schools. The teachers there, and in both the other schools I have worked, work damned hard. I haven't stollen, nor will I ever steal anything.

Last edited by Phylum; 15-02-2006 at 19:39.
Old 15-02-2006, 19:53   #85

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think you think I'm a teacher. I'm not. But I do work in the oldest school in the country, which is also one of the top schools. The teachers there, and in both the other schools I have worked, work damned hard. I haven't stollen, nor will I ever steal anything.
I bet you pretend that you've never lied as well, well as absolutly rivviting as this little aside has been, I think it's time we reminded ourselves what you started this gloating thread for.

Blanket Smoking Ban
I only mention it so that we can get back on track and it saves us getting in trouble with the moderators, (I for one don't want detention again).

Perhaps you could start another thread, and we can chat in there, but somehow I don't think it will be as exciting as this one.

Old 15-02-2006, 20:06   #86

Oh, I think they may be................................
Old 15-02-2006, 20:12   #87
Senior Member+

We were told that Tenerife would have a complete ban on smoking in bars as from the first of January this year. We went off for a beer or four on New Year's Day, fully expecting to have to go outside for a smoke. However, it turned out that the smaller bars can make a choice, smoking or no smoking and the larger ones are allowed a no smoking area. Not a problem with that I think.

Under eighteens aren't allowed to buy tobacco in any form and parents of young children are warned of the dangers should they stray into a bar which allows smoking. Each bar has, by law, to display a sign outside declaring their smoking policy. The bar owners know where their trade comes from and make their choice accordingly.

It may change as time goes on but I do feel that this arrangement is fair. I am a smoker and do like to have a ciggie when I'm drinking so why should I be turned outside!!

As I pay around a Euro for a packet of ciggies here, compared to a fiver a packet in England, how much revenue do the British Goverment take from smokers in the UK? If truth were known it probably runs the Health Service!
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 20:41   #88
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
how much revenue do the British Goverment take from smokers in the UK? If truth were known it probably runs the Health Service!
it does and theres that much left over we treat people from other countries for free as well
Old 15-02-2006, 20:53   #89

Well, the figures, which surprise me are:

Smoking, cost to NHS each year: 1.7 billion
Tax gained from smokers : 9 billion

I got then here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...st/4006081.stm

Last edited by Phylum; 15-02-2006 at 21:02.
Old 15-02-2006, 20:57   #90
I am Banned

i think you meant Billion not million

like i said theres good proffit from smokers i dont see why they are so determined to pi$$ us off even more

granted ime trying to give up so i wont be one of the US's for long hopefully but non the less why bite the hand that feeds you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..