Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2007, 16:30   #1

'Blasphemous' balls anger Afghans

Another own goal!
BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | 'Blasphemous' balls anger Afghans
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2007, 16:51   #2
God Member

Re: 'Blasphemous' balls anger Afghans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
You won't get many politicians responding to this one it might offend the voters......In a pigs eye

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 22:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
You won't get many politicians responding to this one it might offend the voters......In a pigs eye
Maybe someone should tell them to kick their own balls then
Old 27-08-2007, 00:41   #4
Member.

There’s a marked difference between being picky and disrespecting the religion of other people. I understand what the Americans where trying to achieve; but perhaps if they took the time to learn from their past mistakes they would do some good rather than inflame already dyer situations in other people’s countries, the fact that American Intelligence is renowned for being quite the opposite is no excuse. What they did was the equivalent of kicking round a ball decorated with the scriptures of the Bible and the cross of Christ. Now that might not worry too many people, but to a devout Christian it would be an unforgivable insult to God and the Christian Church.

Maybe these people respect their religion better than we do.

Before anyone starts, the Taliban took the life of my cousin on active service less than three months ago, so there is absolutely no love lost for those who would support the criminal acts of terrorists or their supporters, but disrespecting the religion of common people in their own land if beyond understanding, it’s time America got educated to the wider world before it really gets ****ty.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 02:17   #5
God Member

have to agree, I read the story in utter dis-belief , the "brains" in the US senior command still have no more idea about Islam and its culture than they did six years ago when the World Trade center towers came down. I suppose we should be grateful that pigs bladders are no longer used as linings.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 09:20   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i too was stunned that the brains of a " Major Power" are so incompetant, - scarry.
Old 27-08-2007, 16:25   #7
God Member

It doesn't seem to take much to get on the wick of adherents of the "religion of peace" and have hundreds of them out on the streets in facile protest, burning flags and killing each other in the frenzy of their righteous indignation. Can you imagine the same sort of behaviour from a bunch of offended Anglicans? No, neither can I.

Religious tolerance and respect for the difference in personal belief is all very well, and is something I would heartily give my support to. But it is a sad and inescapable truth that, in certain parts of the world, such tolerance and respect is only ever a one-way street.

On a slightly different tack, if you will forgive the thread wander, I noticed today that the BBC were reporting that the Heroin Poppy crop in Afghanistan had increased this year. I note also that the Koran specifically forbids intoxication as sinful. It also places a stricture on believers not to become the occaision for another to fall into sin.

Religion, of whatever stripe or flavour, is poisonous stuff, and the sooner humanity grows up and puts it away, the better it will be for all of us.
Old 27-08-2007, 17:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
On a slightly different tack, if you will forgive the thread wander, I noticed today that the BBC were reporting that the Heroin Poppy crop in Afghanistan had increased this year. .
Seems a bit ironic that when Afghanistan was under Taliban control opium production was nearly zero and the poppy crop eliminated
Taliban virtually wipes out Afghanistan's opium crop

Now there is a western installed Govt. operating under the protection of NATO troops production is back up to record levels , I'm not being cynical , but it makes one think
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 18:14   #9
Resting in peace

It is high time we pulled out of the Asian dump and let the Yanks get on with making films about how they won it, these people are not prepared to help each other and the last thing they want is our troops there,added to the fact that the Yanks are killing more of our lads than the TalibanTeching the kids to play football is a daft idea,the will lick us at that soon enough.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 21:41   #10
Resting in Peace

Just love A-B's post on this .. think the problem is that we Anglicans do have a sense of humour, and although the Americans do not appear to have done any homework on this subject .. the Islams seem completely bereft of this asset, and just love to jump on any 'misunderstanding' to create a rift between us all. They definitely get off on this.

I am with A-B ... put away your religion and let's get humanitarian for a change.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 21:44   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

am in agreement also about the sense of humour, n religion etc, still does not detract though from a "Super Power" being that stupid.
Old 27-08-2007, 22:00   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
am in agreement also about the sense of humour, n religion etc, still does not detract though from a "Super Power" being that stupid.
No it doesn't excuse them .. come on though admit it, quite funny really (even though may result in more serious consequences) ...
Old 27-08-2007, 22:24   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
No it doesn't excuse them .. come on though admit it, quite funny really (even though may result in more serious consequences) ...
heard a quote today saying thank god the balls are no longer made with " Pigs Bladders"
Old 28-08-2007, 19:17   #14

Much ado about nothing. The balls have images of flags from many nations on them. The balls in question have the flag of Saudi Arabia - which features shahada - one of the five pillars of Islam. The Saudis have complained previously about the use of their flag for such purposes.

Solution......if you receive a ball with the Saudi flag on it, don't use it!
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 19:24   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post

Solution......if you receive a ball with the Saudi flag on it, don't use it!
Am laughing, but never quite sure whether bullseyebarb has given us an innuendo or not ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..