Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2007, 01:42   #46
white rabbits

Re: Bolts of lightning expected Friday?

Good night and god bless Doug,,, Good night Bernadette,, ,i am now off for a game of spider,,then bed
Old 27-08-2007, 14:23   #47
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
no appoligy neaded .ERM i am not quite sure which cheeks you mean
you really do not want to go down there Doug
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 22:52   #48
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
you really do not want to go down there Doug
oh dear,,,,,,
Old 27-08-2007, 22:59   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Bollocks ladies. Two wrongs do make a right. He's the father of at least one of Diana's Children and has a right to be there.
The Spencers have a long history of red heads in their family, going right back to the seventeenth century and the Duchess of Marlborough, Sarah Churchill, as well as Diana's own sister Sarah.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 23:30   #50
Resting in Peace

Been resisting this thread all day .. thank goodness that despictable woman has seen fit to see sense and not attend the memorial to Princess Diane.. how could she possibly think that it would not incite strong feelings in the first place .. insensitive cow. I also think that Prince William/Harry are just a little too inexperienced to appreciate the implications, and had been persuaded by other bodies to invite her.

Seems a shame that this tribute is shrouded by controversy of the guests, e.g Bishop of London and many of her long term friends like Burrell (even though problems after her death, was supportive whilst she lived) have been ignored.

As for the rubbish about the paternity ... Diane did not meet this guy until Harry was two years old, and people are only seeing the red hair, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 105. Just wanting to see what they want and they think is juicy. To me, he does favour Charles with Diane's complexion (the blushing cheeks) but, oh dear, excuse me, Red Hair .. so can't be Charles's.

As he is second in line to the throne, feel sure has been established that he is not 'A Pretender' as would have to take on this role should anything happen to William. Could go on and on, but sure you have all glazed over already and only want to read selectively.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 23:42   #51
God Member

I'm with you on this Kate, I think she was badly hurt and now people are casting aspersions on her character, she is worth more than that!!
Old 28-08-2007, 00:07   #52
God Member

My thoughts on it are as follows;

At the end of the day the establishment and the flunkies in the palace got what they want in a heir and a spare. They were not bothered about what Charles wanted just what they wanted and needed. Diana was a pawn in the grand scheme they thought up. Ok Camilla was not ideal material in there somewhat sorry very blinkered eyes and to me those flunkies and co are as much to blame as everyone that chased and harassed her.

As for Camilla yes she is right not to go and wrong as well. On the one hand the lads might not want her there and so would the majority of those that attend. On the other hand she should be there for her hubby who is there for his lads.

Catch 22.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 00:14   #53
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post

At the end of the day the establishment and the flunkies in the palace got what they want in a heir and a spare. They were not bothered about what Charles wanted just what they wanted and needed. Diana was a pawn in the grand scheme they thought up. Ok Camilla was not ideal material in there somewhat sorry very blinkered eyes and to me those flunkies and co are as much to blame as everyone that chased and harassed her.

As for Camilla yes she is right not to go and wrong as well. On the one hand the lads might not want her there and so would the majority of those that attend. On the other hand she should be there for her hubby who is there for his lads.

Catch 22.

I can agree with that...................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 02:13   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post

Catch 22.
sums up my thoughts completly ,

I don't see anything wrong with 'Camilla' , seems to me if she had been allowed to be the 'prize heifer' the lads would maybe a bit 'brighter'
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 13:32   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
sums up my thoughts completly ,

I don't see anything wrong with 'Camilla' , seems to me if she had been allowed to be the 'prize heifer' the lads would maybe a bit 'brighter'
Isn't that the whole point, she was to old and also married so poor beautiful Diana was used for their breeding!!! As far as I can see those boys are doing just fine considering what they have been through. Being a royal does not stop you from having feelings. Judging by the stories in the papers today Camilla has alienated the people again by contemplating attending the service
Old 28-08-2007, 13:53   #56
Member.

She will never be as popular as Diana that goes without saying, but she is the wife of Charles and the Step mother of the lads and should be accorded some respect by those professing to have the Princes best interest at heart. Diana craved, sought and used publicity to project herself and like all deals done with the devil there’s a cost, regrettably she paid it.

Had she have lived the situation for all concerned would have darkened. I have no doubt that she loved her friend Dodi and would have married into the family sooner or later and that relationship between the crown, the Al fyads and the people would have brought this country down.

I wouldn’t wish death on any person and could it have been different then so be it, but she did die and she is with the gentleman she loved and undoubtedly if this is true the she will have found happiness.

We need to remember the true person, the mother of William and Harry and forget all this publicised bunkum of who did what to who and move on. We all live our lives in a manner in which we ourselves choose. So did she, but the bull**** behind you and move on.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-08-2007, 14:04   #57
God Member

Monarchy, like religion, was invented by primitive societies
We will grow out of them both eventually

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 14:30   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Isn't that the whole point, she was to old and also married so poor beautiful Diana was used for their breeding!!! As far as I can see those boys are doing just fine considering what they have been through. Being a royal does not stop you from having feelings. Judging by the stories in the papers today Camilla has alienated the people again by contemplating attending the service
Things have happily changed so in the quarter century since Charles married Diana.

Camilla was never a contender as a Royal bride because she wasn't a virgin, and before the engagement Diana's uncle felt obliged to tell the press that Diana had kept herself 'tidy', all to ensure a pure Royal bloodline.

Nowadays the second in line to the throne was basically living as man and wife with Kate Middleton. Whoever Prince William choses as his bride, I think he'll now be able to marry someone he actually loves.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 15:22   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I too think she was blinded by love .

I think she was blinded by the fact that she would be a princess and one day Queen. Come on, wouldn't all women want that, regardless of love, or at the very least consider it?

She was young, very naive but she learnt very fast. She positioned herself in the hearts of the public, if not in the heart of the prince. She has been gone for 10 years, and whilst I am genuinely sorry for the two boys and her close family, she should be laid to rest. By continually harping on about her it undermines the whole fabric of the royal family.

The press are having a field day about Camilla and whether she should go or not. Like her or hate her, if she was invited by the princes then she has every reason to go. Why should some tatty newspapers make the decision about who is or isn't suitable to attend a memorial service? She was invited - end of!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 16:48   #60
Member.

A level headed woman with brains and tact, you should go into Politics Gayle. Totally agree..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..