Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2007, 23:36   #91
God Member

Re: Bolts of lightning expected Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
That depends on who's dribble you read at the time does it not.......

I like Charles, I didn't much care for Diana, but they where, are, both to blame for the failure of their marrage. Would you have hold the same views if she had lived and was humping left right and centre.
I think their marriage would have still been going strong if he had kept it in his pants. At the end of the day he should never have married her and wewouldn't be having this debate. In my opinion he is a toss pot and not fit to ever be our king, never was and never will be fit to be head of this country! Diana was in my opinion a beautiful and naive young girl who went like a lamb to the slaughter and for her trouble was disposed!
Old 28-08-2007, 23:40   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Thar a good judge Cashy i've just remembered who yon mon is he used to go down blackburn dogs with our gang years ago he couldn't pick a winner down there either sorry roy no offenceyou must remember doctor soyuaves trainer,me, wilf kehoe lol edleston and big john walsh 'the giant pipe' my best dog were homeward bound chin chin
not the first time thats been said i aint a big diana fan, or royalist for that matter,but can understand n respect the feelings people have on the subject.
Old 28-08-2007, 23:44   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
But thats just it,, She wouldent have gone astray ,if Charlie haddent been such a rat,,, Would you be happy if you found your newly married partner was still having a relationship with an old flame?
Be realistic Grannie - she probably would - that (thingy*) comes second only to blood sports as the favourite pastime of the aristocracy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hylda Baker.jpg (4.7 KB, 1 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 23:48   #94
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
In my opinion he is a toss pot and not fit to ever be our king, never was and never will be fit to be head of this country!
He believes it is his birthright, because of a divine right, to be King, and God's representative here on earth.

When in fact he's really just an ordinary man, who but for the privileges accorded by his position, didn't even have enough academic qualifications to go to university, let alone his alma mater Cambridge, yet he still feels able to lecture the rest of us on subjects ranging from architecture to town planning. It's just morality he's a bit lacking on.

It's all very primitive and feudal if you ask me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 23:51   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He believes it is his birthright, because of a divine right, to be King, and God's representative here on earth.

When in fact he's really just an ordinary man, who but for the privileges accorded by his position, didn't even have enough academic qualifications to go to university, let alone his alma mater Cambridge, yet he still feels able to lecture the rest of us on subjects ranging from architecture to town planning. It's just morality he's a bit lacking on.

It's all very primitive and feudal if you ask me.
And I bet he has a limp handshake

Old 28-08-2007, 23:54   #96
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
: ooh Margaret:
Old 28-08-2007, 23:55   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
He hasn't actually. Clammy but quite firm.

Old 28-08-2007, 23:57   #98
God Member

Quote:
He hasn't actually. Clammy but quite firm.
Name dropper -- I must tell you that I refused an invite to a palace garden party

Old 28-08-2007, 23:57   #99
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I think their marriage would have still been going strong if he had kept it in his pants. At the end of the day he should never have married her and wewouldn't be having this debate. In my opinion he is a toss pot and not fit to ever be our king, never was and never will be fit to be head of this country! Diana was in my opinion a beautiful and naive young girl who went like a lamb to the slaughter and for her trouble was disposed!
Diana was in my opinion a fairly good looking, unstable but calculating young woman who went like a lamb to the Tup at every opportunity. She was no Snow White Ladies; don’t make her out to be the tragic beauty who laid her Brest to the teeth of the beast. She wasn’t. Her life was painfully short and troubled I’ll admit but she wrote each and every chapter by her own deeds. There where no innocents in this story, neither Shakespeare nor Noel Coward could have wrote it better.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 00:04   #100
Member.

Quote:
Steady on Mandy, you’re an educated man and know only too well that an Englishmen laid down the lives of many to end the Divine right of Kings.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-08-2007, 00:06   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
she wrote each and every chapter by her own deeds.
I don't think she wrote the bit where herself and her bridegroom promised faithfullness and fidelity, before God and the world, with him still loving someone else, and then carrying on physically loving that other person not long into their marriage.

He even wore cufflinks given to him by Camilla, engraved with their own entwined lovey-dovey names, on their honeymoon. Most women I know, if a man was so insensitive and crass to do that, would have been pushed him off the Royal Yacht, or Blackpool Pier, depending where they were having their honeymoon.

Old 29-08-2007, 00:08   #102
God Member

Quote:
Steady on Mandy, you’re an educated man and know only too well that an Englishmen laid down the lives of many to end the Divine right of Kings.
So why are they still 'anging abaate' then?

Old 29-08-2007, 00:11   #103
God Member

Quote:
I don't think she wrote the bit where herself and her bridegroom promised faithfullness and fidelity, before God and the world, with him still loving someone else, and then carrying on physically loving that other person not long into their marriage.

He even wore cufflinks given to him by Camilla, engraved with their own entwined lovey-dovey names, on their honeymoon. Most women I know, if a man was so insensitive and crass to do that, would have been pushed him off the Royal Yacht, or Blackpool Pier, depending where they were having their honeymoon.
You tell them mate as I said before he is a toss pot and hopefully he will never get to be king and the honour will pass to William.
Old 29-08-2007, 00:12   #104
Member.

Quote:

Granted, and I make no excuse for him. What I am saying is that this lament for Diana is as misguided and ill judged as that marriage. She knew the history and she knew the risks, yet she chose to accept him and took his ring and then wrote her life story before her baying public.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-08-2007, 00:17   #105
Member.

Quote:
So why are they still 'anging abaate' then?
Are you from Yorkshire or Burnley?

What would you rather have? A Mr Bush, A Junky in a track suite?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..