Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 23:13   #1
Accy Goddess

Post BONFIRE NIGHT.

Bonfire Night Should be banned. DANGEROUS things fire works.
Especially in the wrong hands and all that money spent on a fizzle, fizzle, pop. Ludicrus.  >  >
If people must reconize the day then it should be perhaps limited to one display in every town.
No fan of Halloween either. Or rather trick a treating.
I sound like a right spoil sport.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2003, 23:16   #2
g78

Post Re: BONFIRE NIGHT.

I don't mind bonfire night.......... I just wish it wouldn't start a month or so before the day and end just in time for christmas........... if you are gonna let fireworks off, then at least wait for the right day :
Old 09-09-2003, 15:54   #3
Senior Member+

my dog is a nervous wreck about a month before and a month after bonfire night.when i was a lass it happened for just a few days where's the fun in bonfire night when you can buy fireworks practicly all year round.
Old 09-09-2003, 19:46   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

My dog is also a nervous wreck, I think organised displays should be allowed, but general sale of fireworks banned. They are going off where I live from september onwards, and it's kids letting them off. I was chased down the street by one 2 years ago (a firework, not a kid)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 19:48   #5
I am Banned

our street...are getting together this year. we have banned our kids from buying fireworks and we are going to all chip in and buy a whole load of them.. everyone make some food or supply drinks/eats and have one big bonfire night.

Not organised like an official one but at least its more organised than a free for all.

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 20:33   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Great idea  

[smiley=da.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 20:53   #7

[quote author=ANNE link=board=general;num=1063062803;start=0#0 date=09/09/03 at 00:13:23]Bonfire Night Should be banned. DANGEROUS things fire works.
Especially in the wrong hands and all that money spent on a fizzle, fizzle, pop. Ludicrus. > >
If people must reconize the day then it should be perhaps limited to one display in every town.
No fan of Halloween either. Or rather trick a treating.
I sound like a right spoil sport.[/quote]

I'm sure Tony Blair will support your efforts in banning an event which celebrates blowing up Parliament.
flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 22:21   #8
Accy Goddess

I used to try to persuade my kids to buy a toy instead of haveing fireworks.
Old 09-09-2003, 22:22   #9

i heard fireworks go off around my area a week or so ago  :-/

Bonfire night with the bonfire and firewaorks is always a nice time of year. Used to go to bonfires with friends and the bonfires and fireworks were always really good  

Most bonfires i go to are very safe, usually with tape and people around the bonfirekeeping people back at a safe distance, and fireworks set off safely away from people
Old 10-09-2003, 00:18   #10
Accy Goddess

Tape, wont stop a run away rocket. Accidents happen even in the safest of places Stevybaby.
They are fun, they are pretty. Suppose its a case of are you willing to take the risk.
Do you think its worth the heartbreak stories. People that have been scared, people that have burned to death, oh, and don forget the people who have lost everything because some saddo has put a firework through a lettler box.
Nah,
BAN EM!! I say.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:20   #11
Senior Member+

Why do you want to spoil everybodys fun just because of a few people who do not know how to handle themselves.Lets face it.In the hands of a little fluffy dog  anything could be dangerous.

** bad language edited **
Old 14-09-2003, 18:09   #12
Junior Member+

We were kids all once and bonfire nights were good. Remember Dad would build the bonfire in the back garden and all the kids in the street would come and all mothers would bring the food, we didn’t have a lot of fireworks because we didn’t have the money
vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..