Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2013, 16:34   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Okay Folks,
My original post on this was in answer to Marg R, she said we needed to be told the truth, her version Is different from what the mainstream media's etc.
I fell I should qualify my disagreement with her on this.

Whilst I have no desire to see Abuu Hamza etc in our country calling for mine or anyone's death with such slogans as, kill Infidel or even the mad baptists in America, they are entitled to their opinion. If we remove this right, then we are in danger of becoming just like they are and what they stand for.

So although I am not happy at people shouting ' kill the infidel' in my own country, the simple fact that they can say it here, with no fear of death/Jail/Severe Beatings etc just shows how wrong they are.
We are a better nation for allowing Free Speech, people have died in World Wars to defend that right. Lets not lose it.
There is a considerable difference between "free speech" and "incitement to murder" or any other major criminal offence.
Boeing Guy and Eric like this.
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2013, 16:37   #62
God Member

Quote:
Okay Folks,
My original post on this was in answer to Marg R, she said we needed to be told the truth, her version Is different from what the mainstream media's etc.

Whilst I have no desire to see Abuu Hamza etc in our country calling for mine or anyone's death with such slogans as, kill Infidel or even the mad baptists in America, they are entitled to their opinion. If we remove this right, then we are in danger of becoming just like they are and what they stand for.

So although I am not happy at people shouting ' kill the infidel' in my own country, the simple fact that they can say it here, with no fear of death/Jail/Severe Beatings etc just shows how wrong they are.
We are a better nation for allowing Free Speech, people have died in World Wars to defend that right. Lets not lose it.
This is a tricky issue, and it has been causing some debate over here in the colonies. Canada, unlike our neighbour to the south, does put limits on free speech. The official position ... one that has been defined and upheld by the Supreme Court ... is that there are such things as hate crimes, that speech and other forms of expression can cross a boundary and become promotion of hate.

Supreme Court ruling upholds limits on free speech in case involving anti-gay proselytizer - The Globe and Mail

I tend to trust our Supreme Court. Unlike the U.S. body, Canadian Supreme Court Justices are not appointed because of their political views, but on the basis of merit.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:16   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
There is a considerable difference between "free speech" and "incitement to murder" or any other major criminal offence.
That's how we see things here in the colonies.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:28   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The media uses camera trickery.
I made a thread about it a while back.*
For this event we have 'disappearing blood'

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2970918888111

..and they have resurrected a 'dead' headmistress as a witness in Boston

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Why indulge yourself in shock and horror, which is exactly what they intend you to feel, when it may all be staged.

*ps - http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-48617.html
Quote:
I understand your anger.

If I believed it to be true, I would be sad too.

I just require you not to accept all you see as being true.
MargaretR, you either believe this rubbish you post, in which case you're sick.
Or you don't believe it, in which case you're a sick troll.
Either way, you're sick.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:31   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I totally agree Barrie, the only thing is the police are frightened of arresting people who are using words as incitement, because the race card will be waved about by all those Human Rights Lawyers swilling around in the legal system
Boeing Guy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 17:48   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Okay Folks,

Just wondering, are people equally free to wander round shouting 'Kill the Muslims'?
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-04-2013, 17:55   #67
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Just wondering, are people equally free to wander round shouting 'Kill the Muslims'?
By Allahs scraggly beard & curly toed slippers how dare you ! You stinking dog of an infidel, only the religion of peace can make such outbursts.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-04-2013, 17:57   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
By Allahs scraggly beard & curly toed slippers how dare you ! You stinking dog of an infidel, only the religion of peace can make such outbursts.
I only asked!!
Old 17-04-2013, 17:57   #69
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
If they are and they do, I would find it just as reprehensible as I would if someone was going around shouting 'kill the infidel'.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 18:06   #70
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I only asked!!
Only asked ? Only asked ? Where do you think you are, going round & freely asking questions like that !
Old 17-04-2013, 18:14   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only asked ? Only asked ? Where do you think you are, going round & freely asking questions like that !
But they shout it in Syria, Pakistan, Iraq and then they go and do it.
Does that mean they have more freedom of speech than we have?
I'm only asking.
Old 17-04-2013, 18:15   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I would find it just as reprehensible
Totally agree

Quote:
Why is it that people insist God/Allah to have a beard.....
Old 17-04-2013, 18:15   #73
JFT96

Quote:
They should be, shall i bring the placards

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 18:18   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:

cnn-caught-out-telling-porkies
I know all about CNN and their lies... Its mention here however I find on the disturbing... Especially with the loss of the Eight year old....
Old 17-04-2013, 18:18   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
They should be, shall i bring the placards
No use hiding behind that wall, DinG will come and get you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..