Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 00:47   #46
Always EVIL within us

Re: Brain washing the kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
look at Christmas, how that has been debased, yet the other week there was a great banner in one of the shopping centres not too far from here proclaiming 'Happy Eid'.......now if I should find this greeting offensive do you think anyone would take notice of my offended feelings????? Don't think so somehow!
What makes this so sad is that it is NOT the Muslims that complain about Christmas, they enjoy the festive spirit as much as everyone else, It is the P.C Cretins, the "do gooders" that scream "racism"....and cause untold disharmony within the community.

I for one would be happy to celebrate my neighbours religious holiday........but at the expense of Christmas? I don't think so!!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:26   #47
God Member

Never mind soon be elections and we can vote these cretins in again!! I think that the only reason people don't vote for the far right-wing parties is fear of appearing racist. They say BNP will cause more harm than good, i ask you how much more harm can they cause this country than has already been done!!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:18   #48
Resident Waffler

Exactly who is it who decides what is PC? It's called "political" correctness but does it actually originate with politicians? I don't believe it's a party issue. It goes deeper than that.

Your point about the BNP is frightening Tinkerbelle. This is what the PC situation has led people to. You ask how much more harm can they cause? There is a worrying undercurrent in this country at present reminiscent of pre-war Germany and look at how much more harm was caused there.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:13   #49
God Member

It originates with the Civil Rights movement in the USA and then was taken up in a big way by the Loony Left boroughs in the seventies.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:59   #50

[QUOTE=Bagpuss]We recently had a vacancy for a job at work and there were 22 polish applicants, 7 from the same address in Accrington. Come on Britcliffe just how many so called asylum seekers have we taken in Hyndburn because it was certainly kept very quiet.

We have lots of Polish people who are registered for work with our agency, they are not assylum seekers and are entitled to work in this country, all to do with being part of the EU

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 14:45   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Exactly who is it who decides what is PC? It's called "political" correctness but does it actually originate with politicians? I don't believe it's a party issue. It goes deeper than that.

Your point about the BNP is frightening Tinkerbelle. This is what the PC situation has led people to. You ask how much more harm can they cause? There is a worrying undercurrent in this country at present reminiscent of pre-war Germany and look at how much more harm was caused there.
Yes but we in this country wouldn't dream of ethnic cleansing we aren't so remedial!! What we want is a country back that was fine before the loonies took over the asylum. I'm only 29, can relate to both young and old, I have Grandparents that tell me how it was and I have children that i have to make into good citizens in the future and believe me the future is a very frightening place to be heading!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 15:06   #52
Resident Waffler

I'd love to be able to get this country back to some semblance of common sense but I don't really think the BNP are the people to do that. We could end up with an even scarier future.

What worries me is that due to all the current discontent it doesn't seem such a remote possibility.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:37   #53
I am Banned

Aye Willow i have to agree with u there, i thought it was all about equal ops n all but u dont get white british kids taking hols off for Eid whereas minority do get xmas breaks, one of my colleagues at another school had half her class n staff off school for religious celebrations leaving half a school just over left. They want equal ops then it should be equal as u say willow it seems the country is divided as to its main nationality n robbed of its original beliefs, like xmas n the cheek of not flyin the union jack at world cups as it would insult other nationals. I think if respect has to be a 2 way thing, we cant wipe out our countries identity. U go to other countries u have to respect their countries policies n would u think they would bow down to us - not necessarily so n this causes the racial problem more, i think whatever ppl do in their own homes is fine like native languages but in public i think if u live in the country u should speak its mother tongue in public places or attempt but its excusable not to bother at all which is slightly ignorant plus this causes problems with asian kids within school specially younger ones when the only time english is used is only at school, hampering the suffering education services further n also provoking racial problems. Some are racial out of insecurity of themselves but majority its about the system being over stretched unfair thus not being equal ops...... if all was fair there would be not much to argue about.

Quote:
You are wrong Margaret. It isn't "reverse racism".

It IS racism. Pure and simple. Treating one section of the population differently simply because of their racial origins is RACIST. It matters not who is on the receiving end of it.

We've had it drummed into us that only black/asian/jews etc can suffer racist abuse and that the only ones who can be racist are the caucasians (Is that still an acceptable term?) This is total nonsense and it's about time we had some equality.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:41   #54
I am Banned

a new wave of asylum seekers are on their way here right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asylum seekers.jpg (36.7 KB, 16 views)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:47   #55
God Member

Quote:

What worries me is that due to all the current discontent it doesn't seem such a remote possibility.
Exactly it's not only the BNP you have the UKIP too. We have always been a patriotic nation and if the Government took notice of these parties policies they would see why they are becoming popular. Would you allow a lodger in your house that feared for their life, of course we would!! Would we allow someone in our house that took advantage, bled us dry and didn't contribute in general, foot up the backside out the door springs to mind!!
Old 07-02-2005, 15:55   #56
I am Banned

Are u hiding em Chav ?!?!? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
a new wave of asylum seekers are on their way here right now
Old 07-02-2005, 15:56   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
the cheek of not flyin the union jack at world cups as it would insult other nationals.
This is so true round were we live they were told all flags must be removed after World Cup lets go tell the Americans they can only fly their flags at certain times. I don't think they would get away withit some how, another great patriotic nation!!
Old 07-02-2005, 16:09   #58
I am Banned

Ahh the problem is that nothings changed thro history really u only have to look as far as WW2, northern Ireland, Iraq etc to know the causation of war is racial in equality & greedy mongrels [sorry to dogs] stripping n taking over countries.

Ahh n i forget us british end up paying the financial costs n loss of lives by gettin stuck in atm for Mr T B's bumchum
Old 07-02-2005, 16:10   #59
God Member

Errrrrr.....just a minor technical point. The United Kingdom, per se, does not participate in either the Football or Rugby Union World Cup; that honour goes to the individual home countries,and hence any flag flown should be the national flag, such as the Cross of St George.

I'm quite happy leaving the Union Flag to be flown on formal, state occaisions; as for England, I would make it compulsory for all local and national government institutions - schools, hospitals, town halls - to fly the the English Flag at all times.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:10   #60
I am Banned

Hey u cant tell a Yank to take his flag down gee u would be shot !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..