Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2008, 19:19   #31
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Brand/ross 'prank'

I think there are more important things to worry about than some 'joke'
Old 28-10-2008, 19:42   #32
Junior Member+

Top of the news on the BBC with the Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition making their views known - is there still a sense of proportion in the UK as far as news is concerned?
baillieman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 20:00   #33
Resting in Peace

Myself, have never raised a muscle at either side of my face in mirth to these two ... guess some must like them though.

This programme should never have gone out, blah, blah, agree wholeheartedly, and think Andrew Sachs a lovely and honourable man, HOWEVER, don't really think has done his grandaughter any harm at all. Sure she is not at all fazed by this incident.

She calls herself Voluptua and dances in a group called Satanic Sluts, has described her sexual leanings as 'swinger' and performs voodoo, vampire brutality and sexy striptease on stage ... nowt wrong with this either in my opinion, suspect harmless fun. 'Course she has now rushed home feigning 'hurt', and will be writing some sort of memoirs Best thing that happened to her I reckon.

Still not condoning what those two excuses for Presenters/Comedians did though.

This is her:-

satanic slut.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 21:30   #34
Senior Member+

Just gonna post something similar Katex, she isn't exactly the shy retiring, easily offended type that we were all led to believe, chances are Russ has slept with her amongst the many others, and I am sure Andrew Sachs was well aware of her "career" before all this kicked off.
Get a grip people.
Old 28-10-2008, 21:39   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Just gonna post something similar Katex, she isn't exactly the shy retiring, easily offended type that we were all led to believe, chances are Russ has slept with her amongst the many others, and I am sure Andrew Sachs was well aware of her "career" before all this kicked off.
Get a grip people.
It doesn't really matter what the girl does for a living or if she has or hasn't slept with Russell Brand.

Andrew Sachs has done nothing to deserve all the upset this has caused.
Old 28-10-2008, 21:42   #36
God Member

Quote:
Get a grip people.
Quite a sweeping statement Lindsay....don't forget that this could hit Google...If true then OK, if not...you could have problems.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 21:55   #37
Senior Member+

There are topless photos of her in the press today , she won't be complaining about the publicity and I would be very suprised if Russell could even remember half the women he has bedded, doesn't make it right but certainly puts a different slant on it.
Old 28-10-2008, 22:00   #38
God Member

Quote:
There are topless photos of her in the press today , she won't be complaining about the publicity and I would be very suprised if Russell could even remember half the women he has bedded, doesn't make it right but certainly puts a different slant on it.
I still don't think it does put a different slant on things.

Even if the grand-daughter is a stripper and even if she has slept with Russell Brand that does not make what Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross did to Andrew Sachs right. He was innocent in all this and did not deserve the humiliation.
Old 28-10-2008, 22:35   #39
God Member

Would you folk who think it is not a big deal be happy if somebody made a similar call to your Grandfather telling him about your sex life? I doubt it very much and if people thought it was not a big deal how come there have been so many complaints about it from viewers?
Old 28-10-2008, 22:39   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

They should both be sacked.

There is no need at all for the BBC to pay such high wages for anyone. There are plenty of good DJ's on independant radio stations that do a better job for a lot less money.

How can the BBC justify such high wages?
Old 28-10-2008, 22:52   #41
Give, give, give member

Whether the grandaughter in question is a saint, or a sinner, isn't the question.

The fact is Brand and Ross were wrong to bombard this innocent man with these obscene messages.

Anyone who thinks they were within their comedic right to do so, please feel free to post your granny/grandad/mum/dad's telephone number on Accy Web, and I'm sure some wag would love to have a 'joke' with your own loved one regarding your personal life.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 23:07   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Whether the grandaughter in question is a saint, or a sinner, isn't the question.

The fact is Brand and Ross were wrong to bombard this innocent man with these obscene messages.

Anyone who thinks they were within their comedic right to do so, please feel free to post your granny/grandad/mum/dad's telephone number on Accy Web, and I'm sure some wag would love to have a 'joke' with your own loved one regarding your personal life.
Sums it up in a Nutshell for me…doubt their will be many takers.
Old 29-10-2008, 07:12   #43
God Member

There is a poll in todays Guardian about whether or not they should be fired
Poll: Should Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross be fired? | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 08:04   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There is a poll in todays Guardian about whether or not they should be fired
Poll: Should Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross be fired? | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Which at the moment is showing that just under 2/3 think they should be sacked.

In the seventies Kenny Everett was sacked twice by the B.B.C., for doing something a hundred times less offensive.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 09:13   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Which at the moment is showing that just under 2/3 think they should be sacked.

In the seventies Kenny Everett was sacked twice by the B.B.C., for doing something a hundred times less offensive.
Was just going to say the same myself Rindi. I must be me but I didn't really like Kenny either, but at least some of the stuff he did amused me, but Ross and Brand words fail me, I think people lose any sort of dignity when they have to resort to foul mouth rants on either TV or Radio to get a laugh. If they are doing a stage show which people pay to see that's different, because you know what to expect when you buy the ticket, but on media outlets like the BBC which is funded by the licence payer its not acceptable full stop

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..