Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 18:46   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
From the outset let me say I'm no fan of PB or the political party he stands for however as an elected Councillor he has democratically been elected repeatedly by the electorate particularly in Borough and now in County Council elections so what do the good people of Ossy see in PB that the rest of us are missing?
I live in his ward.

I think political banners aside, he's regarded by the folks that live here as a very good local councillor.

As one of his most vociferous critics, when it came to some council policies whilst he was the leader, I agree, he is an excellent councillor for St. Andrew's ward.

Away from politics, as a man, I also like him. He's witty, friendly, and amusing.

It's just a shame he didn't have me running his P.R.
Because that's certainly not the side most people see.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2011, 18:55   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I live in his ward.

I think political banners aside, he's regarded by the folks that live here as a very good local councillor.

As one of his most vociferous critics, when it came to some council policies whilst he was the leader, I agree, he is an excellent councillor for St. Andrew's ward.

Away from politics, as a man, I also like him. He's witty, friendly, and amusing.

It's just a shame he didn't have me running his P.R.
Because that's certainly not the side most people see.

I have to say being fair rindy, i agree with your post.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I was talking in general john not just his lordship
I did realise that WM as you didn't tug your forelock
Old 10-07-2011, 15:19   #34
Junior Member+

John we know that you have been doing Britcliffes bidding for years but some day you will see the man for what he really is.
torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 15:24   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post
John we know that you have been doing Britcliffes bidding for years but some day you will see the man for what he really is.
who is this we? he aint been doin sod all fer P.B. fer years, so really yeh know nowt.
Old 10-07-2011, 17:01   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
What's that?

Lord Mayor of Accrington?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...yor-58002.html

As Cashman said, it might be wiser to acquaint yourself with the facts, before coming out with anymore silly inaccuracies.

Old 10-07-2011, 17:25   #37
Junior Member+

It's what has been going on behind the scenes that people don't know.
torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 17:42   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Been indulging in a bit of phone tapping, have you?

I'm more likely to believe Jaysay, when he posts he hasn't seen Cllr. Britcliffe for years, and has little, or no contact with him now.

You'll find facts go down better on here, than hearsay, and rumour.

Unless of course it isn't a rumour, and Accrington has been awarded city status, and will soon have a Lord Mayor.

Old 10-07-2011, 17:43   #39

Quote:
Pray tell us more, I haved lived in Accy all my life & have not seen anything apart from a town going to the dogs courtesy of P.B, he might have done good for a few people in his ward, same as other local councillors do, after all isnt that the point of being a councillor, but as far as running a council successfully & honestly - never, he should never be allowed to take charge ever again, also what a relief to look in the Accy Observer & not see his ugly mug on every other page anymore!
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 17:47   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i happen to know a damn site more than you, yer claims are just proving yer thick. as many on here will be aware of that fact.
Old 10-07-2011, 17:51   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
Pray tell us more, I haved lived in Accy all my life & have not seen anything apart from a town going to the dogs courtesy of P.B, he might have done good for a few people in his ward, same as other local councillors do, after all isnt that the point of being a councillor, but as far as running a council successfully & honestly - never, he should never be allowed to take charge ever again, also what a relief to look in the Accy Observer & not see his ugly mug on every other page anymore!
Though asking Louella Parsons to 'tell us more', may result in legal action being taken, if there's no evidence to back up the claims, and us all footing the bill.

Town hall bid to prevent councillors taking each other to court | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

Old 11-07-2011, 08:46   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well seeing you haven't the guts to tell us who you are I can only surmise your a member of the Labour Party, they've always been good at the anonymous stuff, "Who Me Gov not me gov" political coward
Old 11-07-2011, 09:26   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well seeing you haven't the guts to tell us who you are I can only surmise your a member of the Labour Party, they've always been good at the anonymous stuff, "Who Me Gov not me gov" political coward

'Many true and faithful Christians, because of the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves and other low people—and still less appropriate—without tests of any kind, have been locked up in secular prisons, tortured and condemned like relapsed heretics, deprived of their goods and properties, and given over to the secular arm to be executed, at great danger to their souls, giving a pernicious example and causing scandal to many.'
- Pope Sixtus IV

The Age of Torquemada, the Grand Inquisitor

Old 11-07-2011, 09:34   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Many true and faithful Christians, because of the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves and other low people—and still less appropriate—without tests of any kind, have been locked up in secular prisons, tortured and condemned like relapsed heretics, deprived of their goods and properties, and given over to the secular arm to be executed, at great danger to their souls, giving a pernicious example and causing scandal to many.'
- Pope Sixtus IV

The Age of Torquemada, the Grand Inquisitor
Um
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um
'Um'?

Oh dear.

What are you trying to tell us?

As well as condemning, and branding you, with absolutely no evidence, has he also done what was done to many in the Spanish Inquisition...cut your tongue out?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..