Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Um'?

Oh dear.

What are you trying to tell us?

As well as condemning, and branding you, with absolutely no evidence, has he also done what was done to many in the Spanish Inquisition...cut your tongue out?

Well you know me G. not big on gossip, but I can quite understand where berks like the thread starter get there jollies, they start of by adding 2 and 2 and getting 2643.

In the days when I was a regular letter writer to the local press the Labour Party used to intimate that it was Britcliffe writing the letters and using my name, which was bollocks, I had a pact with PB I didn't interfere with his council work and he didn't interfere with my letter writing. Even when I joined Accy Web there were many people thought I was PB, in fact the day after Gayle lost to Peter in the 2006 council elections, there was a private message waiting when I logged on here from Gayle, saying something like congratulations on your win yesterday Peter, I replied saying she had contacted the wrong person, its JDF not PB.

But as you well know 5 years down the road, as I think cashy pointed out, I have little or no contact with PB, probably outlived my usefulnessin fact I haven't heard from anybody from the Tory party since May 5th and although I said I would display a poster prior to the election, none appeared.

The fact is that I put the friendships I have made here on Accy Web way above politics, politics was something I was involved in for most of my adult live, it has now taken a back seat for a few years now, but its still fun having a poke with a stick just for devilment
Old 11-07-2011, 10:18   #47
Beacon of light

When I was young(a lot of years ago) one of my younger brothers used a stick to poke a wasps nest...he did it for devilment.......and ended up covered in maddened wasps.....venting their anger on him.
It wasn't a pretty sight......he ended up sat in a tin bath full of cold vinegary water to relieve the pain of the stings. I think it taught him not to poke sticks into anything.
Sorry for the thread wander...it just brought back some old summer memories.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
When I was young(a lot of years ago) one of my younger brothers used a stick to poke a wasps nest...he did it for devilment.......and ended up covered in maddened wasps.....venting their anger on him.
It wasn't a pretty sight......he ended up sat in a tin bath full of cold vinegary water to relieve the pain of the stings. I think it taught him not to poke sticks into anything.
Sorry for the thread wander...it just brought back some old summer memories.
it would appear that your brother hadn't learnt the knack of poking the nest Margaret, the idea is only to poke it so they say what the hells that, but when they look the prevaricator has disappeared before doing untold damage,which in accy webs case its called logging of
Old 11-07-2011, 12:54   #49
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
it would appear that your brother hadn't learnt the knack of poking the nest Margaret, the idea is only to poke it so they say what the hells that, but when they look the prevaricator has disappeared before doing untold damage,which in accy webs case its called logging of

I think he learned his lesson John......well, in relation to wasps anyway
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:39   #50
JCB

Quote:
Well seeing you haven't the guts to tell us who you are I can only surmise your a member of the Labour Party, they've always been good at the anonymous stuff, "Who Me Gov not me gov" political coward
John , torquemada is not a member of the Labour Party .

He has never lacked guts when writing letters to the Observer with his name and address printed .

I don't know who most contributors to Accy Web are . I probably know half a dozen . But I just accept their use of a pseudonym , a practice which is accepted and shouln't be interpreted as cowardice .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:53   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

He has never lacked guts when writing letters to the Observer with his name and address printed .

I don't know who most contributors to Accy Web are . I probably know half a dozen . But I just accept their use of a pseudonym , a practice which is accepted and shouln't be interpreted as cowardice .
If some body decides to slag me of calling me a lacky from behind a screen name he's nothing but a sniveling coward, end of story, no matter how many bloody letters he writes to the press, because I've always stated that the press should print unsigned letters anyway, and the fact is this is different, its instant reply, not waiting for a week to see if the editor allows rebuttal, so if he can't stand the heat keep out the blood kitchen
Old 11-07-2011, 18:06   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

Of course, everyone here has the privilege of using a pseudonym, and the anonymity that offers.

It's then a great pity that a person using this cover decides to post someone's real name, which isn't known to all and sundry, and not their anonymous username. As well as posting unsubstantiated claims, which turn out to be untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post
John we know that you have been doing Britcliffes bidding for years but some day you will see the man for what he really is.
If you are going to throw stones in glass houses, don't be suprised if someone else comes along, takes off your specs, and stamps on them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 18:13   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If some body decides to slag me of calling me a lacky from behind a screen name he's nothing but a sniveling coward, end of story, no matter how many bloody letters he writes to the press, because I've always stated that the press should print unsigned letters anyway, and the fact is this is different, its instant reply, not waiting for a week to see if the editor allows rebuttal, so if he can't stand the heat keep out the blood kitchen
If this great thinker, and writer of epistles to the local press, thinks Accrington has a Lord Mayor, perhaps they're one of the letters we regularly see, and have a wry chuckle, whilst thinking...NUTTER!

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...yor-58002.html

Old 11-07-2011, 18:23   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If this great thinker, and writer of epistles to the local press, thinks Accrington has a Lord Mayor, perhaps they're one of the letters we regularly see, and have a wry chuckle, whilst thinking...NUTTER!

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...yor-58002.html

In this case would it be a Lady Mayor
Old 11-07-2011, 18:31   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
In this case would it be a Lady Mayor

Please, don't further confuse the great Inquisitor.

Old 11-07-2011, 18:35   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Please, don't further confuse the great Inquisitor.

Sorry
Old 11-07-2011, 18:46   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
'Many true and faithful Christians, because of the testimony of enemies, rivals, slaves and other low people—and still less appropriate—without tests of any kind, have been locked up in secular prisons, tortured and condemned like relapsed heretics, deprived of their goods and properties, and given over to the secular arm to be executed, at great danger to their souls, giving a pernicious example and causing scandal to many.'
- Pope Sixtus IV

The Age of Torquemada, the Grand Inquisitor
well thats really funny, if our friend pertains to be n inquisitor, i would have assumed that the main requirement of such a person, would be to "Be aware of the Facts"?
Old 11-07-2011, 18:56   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not really Cashy, as an inquisitor, you get the facts you want one way or another !
Old 11-07-2011, 19:07   #59
Resting in Peace

It appears the Great Inquisitor has not had the bottle, to show his face, and reply for himself, looks like it could be another seven day wonder who does a runner, bye :
Old 11-07-2011, 20:53   #60

Quote:
Well put Jaysay, people shouldn't be allowed to slag people off on here, after all isn't that Libel?? Maybe torquemada will have the "decency" to message you and tell you where they got their informed information from ??
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..