Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2006, 15:36   #91
I am Banned

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Its a shame not many around here read that one. We had bins put out on Tuesday (now the wrong week) that are still out now with rubbish in some back allys.
LOL It just shows how much use they are, i forgot to put recycle out this week on new day change but then didnt see the point as i had already had mine recycled last fri....... 2 collections of recycle in one week yet have to wait 3 weeks for grey bin rubbish to accumulate before collection
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2006, 15:38   #92
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
lmao your right!what about doing burnley as well....he....hee, we could become an independent country within a country ,become a tax free haven,get all the dosh we want then....lol
Pmsl staggers we can then do a take over of the country too - why should everything be south based
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 15:42   #93
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope
I think we should aim a bit higher than calendars.
I think you have missed the point Greg. It's the principal of it.
We expect the people we put in power not to abuse the rules. We trust these people to look after our Borough/County/Country, thats why we put them there. The people of Hyndburn would not be happy to find out you had been taking bribes or using your influence irresponsibly would they? Its the same thing but at a lower level. If Councillors are using Council Officers to produce campaign literature, then that is not only wrong but is an abuse of our Council tax. If they have not been abusing their position then fine, no problem. I am sure we will find out what really happened after the Standards Board of England have finished investigating.
Old 24-03-2006, 17:08   #94
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Well, it wasn't me because I'm not in Oswaldtwistle at the moment and no one is delivering my leaflets right now - I know this because they are sat in my house.

So you must live in Colette's area if you have a female Labour candidate and you can call me scruffy if you like but that is one thing that no one could ever level at Colette. Although, if you let me know where you live I'll pass it on to Colette because there's no point in wasting our time coming to your door is there?

As for coming round to your house to canvas - I think you'll find that there are about six weeks before the election so there's plenty of time.

So basically, you're talking rubbish aren't you?
It wasnt you. Or Colette. It was some 'scruffy' clothed man from a leaflet distribution van And I wasnt calling you scruffy, or Colette. I was calling the man scruffy. So yeah... dont talk rubbish!
tomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 19:21   #95
God Member

Hmm... I won't admit to be anywhere up to date with local politics, infact I have never properly read a local paper *shame on me*... and therefore consider myself kind of neutral even though I would vote conservative in a general election. Anywho...

As I have understood it (I could have got the wrong end of the stick)... he used the civil service to help with the calenders? Is doing this *that* bad? I mean, if you look at national politics the government use the civil service to do Labour party things (none governmental) and hence the other parties get money to allow them to get things done (such as policy research I assume) which the government in power can do with the civil service?

Last edited by andrewb; 24-03-2006 at 19:29.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 19:34   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
... and therefore consider myself kind of neutral even though I would vote conservative in a general election.
How can you be kind of neutral and vote conservative in the same sentance?
Why would you vote conservative, because your politics teacher (mentioned in another thread) said so ?
Old 24-03-2006, 20:37   #97
God Member

He's only young so will come to his senses someday in the future.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 22:18   #98
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Its a shame not many around here read that one. We had bins put out on Tuesday (now the wrong week) that are still out now with rubbish in some back allys.
I hope you read in the Observer that if like me you have a Tuesday wheelie bin day, because of the strike by council workers next Tuesday, the bins will now be emptied next Saturday apparently, making it by my books three days short of four weeks since they were last emptied.

Now that's rubbish.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 22:23   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I hope you read in the Observer that if like me you have a Tuesday wheelie bin day, because of the strike by council workers next Tuesday, the bins will now be emptied next Saturday apparently, making it by my books three days short of four weeks since they were last emptied.

Now that's rubbish.
Now you will have a serious pile of rubbish to shout about. Are they on overtime for Saturday?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 24-03-2006, 22:27   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomz
It wasnt you. Or Colette. It was some 'scruffy' clothed man from a leaflet distribution van And I wasnt calling you scruffy, or Colette. I was calling the man scruffy. So yeah... dont talk rubbish!
You started crying in another thread because your Dad works for the same organisation that dug up the pavement on Broadway, so who are you to say if someone is scruffy or not? That's my job, as appointed head of sartorial elegance on AW.

It's hardly bikini and flip flops sort of weather anyway, so perhap the 'scruffy' person was actually just being sensible and wrapping up warm.

As Neil pointed out, it's the whole principle of the thing re: the calendars. If our paid civil servants were used illegally by the Cllrs, for their own alledged political agendas, that is wrong.

Time will tell, and eveyone should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Last edited by garinda; 24-03-2006 at 23:05.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 17:42   #101
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You started crying in another thread because your Dad works for the same organisation that dug up the pavement on Broadway, so who are you to say if someone is scruffy or not? That's my job, as appointed head of sartorial elegance on AW.

It's hardly bikini and flip flops sort of weather anyway, so perhap the 'scruffy' person was actually just being sensible and wrapping up warm.

As Neil pointed out, it's the whole principle of the thing re: the calendars. If our paid civil servants were used illegally by the Cllrs, for their own alledged political agendas, that is wrong.

Time will tell, and eveyone should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
What you have just said has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on about a leaflet distribution service posting for the Labour candidate. Has it? So your comment was pretty useless really. Or was it just a little dig asin licking Gayle's ar*e?
tomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 21:00   #102
God Member

Quote:
How can you be kind of neutral and vote conservative in the same sentance?
Why would you vote conservative, because your politics teacher (mentioned in another thread) said so ?
Well I feel that a Conservative government is completly different to a council, same for any of the other parties...

I'd vote for the Conservatives because I believe in core conservative principles like helping people help themselves..
My teacher is left wing. I doubt he would ever recommend that I vote Conservative
Old 25-03-2006, 21:23   #103
God Member

So Cyfr a conservative Gov would encourage the dole couchers to get a job?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-03-2006, 08:56   #104
God Member

I don't believe Cameron has mentioned anything specific about things like that yet, although I would certainly hope he will do before the election .

But.. I don't believe in making the state sector bigger to solve unemployment as I see the state mainly as a burden, the economy should be allowed to thrive privatly and then companies might once again want to build their offices in this country!
Old 26-03-2006, 08:57   #105
God Member

Cameron hasn't mentioned anything specific about anything yet!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..