Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2006, 09:05   #106
God Member

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

Well making specific promises on say the the economy such as 'x amount of tax cuts' would be kinda silly since its 2006 and not 2009/10..
Old 26-03-2006, 10:53   #107
God Member

Well he better find an answer soon because 14 months from now Scotland goes to the polls for the purpose of filling the folly in Auld Reekie. As conservaties are getting as rare as rocking horse dung he better get his finger out and give them something to work to or they will become a big a myth as Nessie! As tax is still in the hands of Westminster weavels it will be an issue up here and if by some fluke minor miricle or even a bit of skulldugary DC gets what then?

JM could run the show up here with the weavels down there and the outcome would be the same as The Pres. of the USA being of one party the 2 houses of congress being of the other. The verbal fireworks might be the most intresting thing. Maybe PB could get the job of running the campaign here to give us all a laugh.

DAILY RECORD headline; A rare sighting of a Conservative polotition was reported today in the west end of Edinburgh. Police have put a 24 hour gaurd on this very rare creature for its own safety and insist at the first oppotunity will be resettled back in the south of England. Though it is a rarity officials decided to rehome it down south for its own mental welbeing and support from its own kind. A cage was considered to be unlikely to allow its survival and as its nervouse it might not appreciate some glakit galloot from the public staring at it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 11:57   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Well making specific promises on say the the economy such as 'x amount of tax cuts' would be kinda silly since its 2006 and not 2009/10..
I disagree. If the Conservative party want to build support over the coming years until the next election then they have to tell us what they would do that is different from the current regime. You can't just wishy washily say, well, we'll do it differently!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 12:01   #109
God Member

Well they've told us lots about what they're going to do, just no actual figures on things, because it would be unrealistic to make a figure now, in my personal opinion. The economy, or whatever, the figure is based upon, could be different when the general election comes round so it wouldn't be wise to have to u-turn on policy..
Old 26-03-2006, 12:07   #110
God Member

They haven't told us what they plan to do they've just used genera phrases like 'improve the NHS' etc - they haven't said how. Cameron spent six minutes speaking after the budget and he didn't say one solid thing - all he did was using ridiculous phrases about Gordon Brown, who is now 'an analogue chancellor in the digital age'. What has that got to do with the budget?

Old 26-03-2006, 12:11   #111
God Member

He didnt have the guts to say that GB needs a reality check. Either that or his own ideas are way to radical for Joe Public to digest.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 13:24   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
They haven't told us what they plan to do they've just used genera phrases like 'improve the NHS' etc - they haven't said how. Cameron spent six minutes speaking after the budget and he didn't say one solid thing - all he did was using ridiculous phrases about Gordon Brown, who is now 'an analogue chancellor in the digital age'. What has that got to do with the budget?
Wants to share proceeds of growth between tax cuts and public services
Public services paid by the state don't have to be run by the state
Fight for fair trade, increase international aid, and press for further debt releif.

The opposition are there to scrutinise the government... wasn't be just saying that brown is stuck in the past as a tax and spend chancellor with his 'an analogue chancellor in the digital age'?
Old 26-03-2006, 21:10   #113
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomz
What you have just said has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on about a leaflet distribution service posting for the Labour candidate. Has it? So your comment was pretty useless really. Or was it just a little dig asin licking Gayle's ar*e?

I lick only myself.

Your pettiness in another thread did seem relevant to your comment.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 21:30   #114
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
That's strange, in a recent thread you said that you "didn't want to get drawn on national issues." and you also said that you "needed to focus on local issues". Seems to me that you only want to get involved in national politics when it suits.
Old 26-03-2006, 21:42   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
That's strange, in a recent thread you said that you "didn't want to get drawn on national issues." and you also said that you "needed to focus on local issues". Seems to me that you only want to get involved in national politics when it suits.
Touche, yes I kind of got sucked in to this one without really wanting to.

Old 26-03-2006, 21:54   #116
Super Moderator

OK, Gayle, I'll let you off. Perhaps you were still recovering from your "green" experience?
Old 27-03-2006, 11:15   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
OK, Gayle, I'll let you off. Perhaps you were still recovering from your "green" experience?
Thank you!

Yes, it's not easy being green, being the colour of the trees!

Old 23-04-2006, 16:15   #118
Junior Member+

What sad people - Peter Britcliffe loves you all.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2006, 18:17   #119
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
What sad people - Peter Britcliffe loves you all.
You sound just like one of Jesus's disciples.

Maybe he can't walk on water, but you'd have thought he'd have made sure the tannoy worked this afternoon, when Accrington Stanley had their parade and reception at the Town Hall.....nearly as bad as the Oswaldtwistle Christmas lights 'grand turn on', when his fairy lights wouldn't twinkle, and the mictophone didn't work.

Welcome to Accy Web by the way, nice to have a Britcliffe supporter to debate/toy with on here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 06:48   #120
Junior Member+

I wouldn't be a Britcliffe supporter if Oswaldtwistle Labour Party put up a serious political candidate.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..