Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2013, 09:37   #46
I am Banned

Re: British Gas price rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Yet another of the 'Big 6' put their prices up to eye watering levels.
Maybe it is time to switch to a smaller company?

Energy companies rated
Ovo Energy are saying wholesale energy prices are not going up.

BBC News - Wholesale energy prices 'not going up', says Ovo Energy

This is a pretty comprehensive guide and summary to switching.

Cheapest energy tariffs: We reveal today's cheapest energy and gas prices including fixed deals | This is Money
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2013, 13:33   #47
Senior Member+

So wholesale energy prices haven't risen for 2 years!
Bearing in mind each % increase is compounded on top of the previous ones, £100 pounds worth of British Gas gas bought in November 2010 will now cost you £145.25.
No wonder the CE of Centrica earned overall £4.97 million last year. Running a company as successfully as this he should expect at least £7 million this year- BG obviously think we can afford it.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 21:36   #48
God Member

at the rate british gas are putting up prices i think it will be cheaper for the kids to have me stuffed rather than cremated when i eventully kick the bucket..

i was going to leave my body to science but im not sure they take bodies with bits missing

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 22:14   #49

I got two letters from british gas yesterday,the first said they were knocking my direct debit down a tenner a month and could fix it for 12 months.the other said that gas price was rising from November ????? I`m a bit confused .com I`m assuming if I take the fixed for 12 months I won`t be affected by the price increase.
wouldn`t it be easier if everything was nationalized
scoot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 10:58   #50
God Member

british gas operate a system wher ethey charge by what they think you can pay

if you are on low income/benefits they have a low rate tarriff and if you are working full time they charge you a more expensive tarriff

basically there are a whole load of tarriffs that they match to different criteria so theres a whole lot of people using teh exact same gas but pay different prices

try ringing up saying your disabled ,on benefits and bi sexual with a child with ADHD and you shoudl get the lowest tarrif going

im going to check tehir website to see if they have any allowances for ferret owners
Stevie R likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-10-2013, 13:59   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
try ringing up saying your disabled ,on benefits and bi sexual with a child with ADHD and you shoudl get the lowest tarrif going
You forgot to mention ethnicity & colour!
Old 25-10-2013, 21:03   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You forgot to mention ethnicity & colour!
british gas arnt racists

they will screw anyone

Old 25-10-2013, 21:16   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Ovo Energy are saying wholesale energy prices are not going up.

BBC News - Wholesale energy prices 'not going up', says Ovo Energy

This is a pretty comprehensive guide and summary to switching.

Cheapest energy tariffs: We reveal today's cheapest energy and gas prices including fixed deals | This is Money
We have been wi OVO fer a couple of years now n will be staying wi em when we move in a couple of weeks.
Old 25-10-2013, 22:01   #54

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
*cough*....still waiting for the pro-privatisation argument
A full week and not one post from the privateers, or the thatcherites evidencing how privatisation creates healthy competition..guess they are all on holiday or back in Singapore counting dividends, whilst pensioners who have worked all their lives are about to freeze to death.
cashman and carpon like this.
Old 28-10-2013, 20:35   #55
God Member

lol british gas offered me a frozen price/rate today .I almost agreed it to it until i thought it was best to ask if it was at the current rates or teh predicted new rates.

as i suspected they were only offering the fixed rate at the upcoming higher rates where as other companies are offering current prices fixed rates so dont fall for it with british gas

i swear these crooks will have as many gas related deaths on their hands as hitler if they are allowed to continue these unjustifiable increases in price

Old 28-10-2013, 21:04   #56
Beacon of light

Also, if you choose to fix your price, then they put a premium on for fixing so you will pay more than the proposed price rise for the privilege of fixing.
They have to get their money somehow.
If you want to change supplier you have to(in most cases) agree to direct debit.
I will not pay my energy bills by direct debit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 08:38   #57
I am Banned

Right then who can explain this to me?
I get my gas (and electric) from British Gas, one of my neighbour get’s his supplied by Scottish Power and the lady further up the street gets hers from Eon.
Now as far as I know it all comes up the same pipe on our street from the same gas reservoir or storage facility. When my central heating boiler clicks on is doesn’t send a signal to some munchkin deep in the bowels of the earth and he goes “Uh oh the P47 household needs a slug of gas” and sends it down the pipe to me as a special delivery.
So why the different prices, surely the price should be the same for everybody?
All the big six talk about they need the profits to invest in the infrastructure and all that guff, why?? they all share the same flipping pipes and tanks.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 09:05   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So why is Ovo, a smaller company cheaper than the big 6? and having spoke to them yesterday (about my move) they tell me they have NO plans at all to increase at this point in time.
Old 29-10-2013, 11:23   #59
JFT96

Maybe its all to do with the Big 6 talk of hot air?

Just checked Ovo, they could save me £80 per year, but it is monthly Direct Debit, something i do not want to do, so I will stick with the Coop, who allow me to pay on reciept of the bill and they are cheaper than the big 6 as well, quite a bit for me anyway, according to uswitch.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 21:43   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Maybe its all to do with the Big 6 talk of hot air?

Just checked Ovo, they could save me £80 per year, but it is monthly Direct Debit, something i do not want to do, so I will stick with the Coop, who allow me to pay on reciept of the bill and they are cheaper than the big 6 as well, quite a bit for me anyway, according to uswitch.
Why dont you like direct debit?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..