Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2013, 22:36   #61
I am Banned

Re: British Gas price rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why dont you like direct debit?
Because the bastards rip you off twice, they over estimate your gas usage, so over charge you on your debit, then they make interest on you money, then take weeks to sort out your correct billing. I pay all my bills over the counter at the Post office, it might appear to cost more than direct debit, but in my opinion DD is a rip off, its far cheaper in the long run to pay cash, than having them messing with your money.
Boeing Guy likes this.

Last edited by Retlaw; 29-10-2013 at 22:41.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2013, 23:13   #62
I am Banned

There's Variable Direct Debit available from BG not sure about the others?

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/HelpAnd...XI=4,CASE=3388
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 00:42   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Because the bastards rip you off twice, they over estimate your gas usage, so over charge you on your debit, then they make interest on you money, then take weeks to sort out your correct billing. I pay all my bills over the counter at the Post office, it might appear to cost more than direct debit, but in my opinion DD is a rip off, its far cheaper in the long run to pay cash, than having them messing with your money.
Is meter reading a thing of the past now in the uk Retlaw?. DD is not a rip off. It is the safest, and the best way, for us oldies to pay our bills. It does not cost anything to DD, and you can cancel at any time. The service provider is the one that is the rip off.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 01:07   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Is meter reading a thing of the past now in the uk Retlaw?. DD is not a rip off. It is the safest, and the best way, for us oldies to pay our bills. It does not cost anything to DD, and you can cancel at any time. The service provider is the one that is the rip off.
Not at my bank.
Old 30-10-2013, 01:23   #65

Quote:
Not at my bank.
That should read, that i do not pay fees for DD at my bank.
Old 30-10-2013, 06:58   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
nah mate not wi the one i'm doing, if its oer the correct usage i get credit n interest on the money ive paid oer, I pay monthly in advance n its set annually n its still way less than any of the so called big 6,
Old 30-10-2013, 07:58   #67
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why dont you like direct debit?
I have no problems with Direct Debit, every other bill we have is Direct Debit. I just had a similar experience to Retlaw with the energy companies. I still pay the bill online, just when I recive it.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 11:45   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
It might work Ok for you in Aussie Land, but remember this is rip off Britain, yes they still read meters.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 12:07   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Ours aint been read fer oer 2 yrs, i just submit the readings online monthly, they was gonna send a reader a couple of months ago n i rang to say no-one will be in that day, so they said ok you read it. i thought they would give us another date??
Old 30-10-2013, 12:13   #70
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ours aint been read fer oer 2 yrs, i just submit the readings online monthly, they was gonna send a reader a couple of months ago n i rang to say no-one will be in that day, so they said ok you read it. i thought they would give us another date??
You can of course be crafty and smooth off your payments across the year by sending in an err? adjusted reading too.

Not that I would ever get involved in such sharp practices.

Last edited by DtheP47; 30-10-2013 at 12:15. Reason: Disclaimer attached.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 13:10   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
You can of course be crafty and smooth off your payments across the year by sending in an err? adjusted reading too.

Not that I would ever get involved in such sharp practices.
Yep but no need to do so far as i'm concerned, pay so much a month in winter n around 25£ less in summer, n the high one is less than it cost me monthly wi SSE.
Old 03-11-2013, 14:20   #72

Why am i not surprised at this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1426328_552450701498061_670502243_n.jpg (32.0 KB, 8 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 14:23   #73
Beacon of light

check out post 13........it is no surprise to me.....no surprise at all.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:51   #74
Senior Member+

Strange. The President of the European Central Bank is worried about the low inflation in the EU falling into deflation.
One of the reasons he gives is ' a larger fall in energy prices' and 'on the basis of current future prices for energy annual inflation rates are expected to remain at low levels'.
So as our suppliers give one of the reasons for the rises in prices as ' having to buy on the world energy market', are the EU suppliers able to access energy on a different world market? Perhaps a different world?
Of course it couldn't possibly be that our suppliers, mainly owned by the Europeans, are raising our prices to subsidize the EU markets' could it?
However you look at it we're being ripped off!
Less likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:39   #75
Beacon of light

The price of energy has fallen in Holland.....their bills have gone down.....why is this?
Might it be because the wholesale price of gas has come down by something like 5%......the energy companies do not tell you this! and cynically increase prices just as we come up to the time when the use of energy is set to rise.
This week we have put our heating on for the first time since the end of May.
The energy companies in this country collude with each other, in effect running a cartel.....which is of course, illegal.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..