Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2013, 16:02   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
British Gas price rise

Maybe not the wisest idea to go on a twitter Q&A just after announcing a price rise..

The funniest questions Twitter asked of British Gas boss today | Liberal Conspiracy

Seriously though...just how they have the balls to ask for almost 10%...where do they think the working man will find the money for that kind of price hike. Maybe we could borrow it from Obama?
Old 17-10-2013, 16:51   #2
Beacon of light

Re: British Gas price rise

This is a fine way to stimulate the economy......make things much more expensive.
This will affect far more than the heating and lighting bills.

Isn't it considered some kind of cartel when all the energy suppliers put their prices up at the same time and all within the same price range too.
I do not believe for one minute that British Gas have had to dip into their pockets to keep the rises low(that is laughable- they think that three times the level of inflation is low).......shame on you British Gas
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 17:04   #3
God Member

I am thankful that, when I moved, I got a fixed price contract with EDF that lasts until next summer.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 17:06   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Shale gas will soon lower the cost to us all
Old 17-10-2013, 17:16   #5
Beacon of light

I really do doubt it......they are so used to robbing us blind...and just because it has lowered energy prices in the US doesn't mean that it will do the same here.
Old 17-10-2013, 17:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Shale gas will soon lower the cost to us all

I doubt it bud to be honest.

10p in the pound on lecy alone is massive. Then 8.5p in the pound to boot?
No wonder people are fiddling there meters
GJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 17:38   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

British Gas price rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJWatson View Post
No wonder people are fiddling there meters
Really?

You know folk like that?

I bet they're all those scum scroungers on benefits!

Actually, according to the propaganda those on benefits are living the high life, so it's probably those poorly paid MP's that can no longer fiddle their expenses that are having to do it!
GJWatson likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 19:53   #8
God Member

yep the propaganda is shame full . showing programmes which were filmed 4 years ago showing people on benefits living the high life with big tvs n things. lol have they not heard of bright house ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1376536_548325701903629_526195652_n.jpg (32.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 17-10-2013, 21:13   #9

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Any chance one of those bright sparks from the post office sell off thread would still care to justify privatisation causing healthy competition, lower prices and not costing the taxpayers a fortune?

I see no honest competition, only higher prices, and costing me a damn fortune to heat my cave.

And still the threat of power cuts in winter looms. Not from striking miners but by the EU closing power stations and bosses who won't invest in new ones because of this governments policies. The bosses don't really care mind you, because they can still hike the prices and pocket the difference. And the government is 'disappointed'.

Disappointed? Dis-a-ppointed?? Thats the most descriptive word they can bleedin' well find???

Switch suppliers they say....to whom?...they'll all put them up anyway.

We can't control prices they say...well you damn well could before you privatised it you bunch of cretins!

But hey, here comes the cavalry to fund nuclear power stations...oh wait..communists???? running businesses and investing??? right wing conservatives fawning over them like Uriah Heep clones???

A government in disarray, grabbing help from their antithesis. You couldn't make it up.
Old 17-10-2013, 21:30   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I really do doubt it......they are so used to robbing us blind...and just because it has lowered energy prices in the US doesn't mean that it will do the same here.
You didn't think I was being serious did you?
Old 17-10-2013, 21:39   #11
Senior Member+

Fair play to Cameron,
telling consumers to change their provider from British Gas.
For to long prime ministers and senior ministers have avoided telling consumers to avoid rip off companies without naming them; I hope this trend continues.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 07:45   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You didn't think I was being serious did you?
Neil, I always take what you say seriously....you are a mod after all
Old 18-10-2013, 10:37   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Fair play to Cameron,
For to long prime ministers and senior ministers have avoided telling consumers to avoid rip off companies without naming them; I hope this trend continues.
It is all very well for him to offer advice, and the advice that he is offering is rubbish because in the next few days what is the betting that all the other big energy companies won't be doing exactly the same thing....and sometimes when you change you can lose out by having to pay a release fee....and what you would save wouldn't keep a kid in bubble gum.
It won't affect those in the POW(they are probably claiming for their energy bills, so we are paying for theirs as well as our own) which is why absolutely nothing is ever done to rectify the situation.
Old 18-10-2013, 10:46   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Fair play to Cameron,
im not sure how it works but i thought teh rival gas companies paid british gas a fee for using their gas pipeline network.All that will happen is that british gas will raise that fee forcing rival companies to increase their prices so british gas still get lots of money.

thats of cours eif my understanding of how it works is correct

we dont need Cameron providing lipservice like he gives a toss about peoples fuel bills we need judges that laugh british gas out of court when they apply to have someone cut off.

British gas have been getting away with robbing the country blind for years and have been exposed as doing so multiple times on watchdog yet no government has ever pulled them up and taken action to prevent them doing so. Governments past and present have expressed dissapointment though which im sure scares british gas to their core

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 12:24   #15
I am Banned

Well that's alright then..... he'll be telling us to line our shoes with newspaper next !!!!

Downing Street Solves Energy Bill Crisis: Wear A Jumper If Your House Is Too Cold
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..