Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2007, 03:20   #1
God Member

Britney Spears' little sister Jamie Lynn says she's...

you guessed it, pregnant. I dont have anything bad to say about it other than I hope she doesn't go down the rocky road that Britney has, I dont think her age is going to automatically deem her an unsuitable mother and I wish her the best, but I thought accywebbers might want to discuss it further.

Not the best source but a source all the same, there are many:
The Associated Press: Jamie Lynn Spears Says She's Pregnant
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2007, 04:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Britney Spears' little sister Jamie Lynn says she's...

Guess it not just the UK with teenage pregency problems but bet they don't get the free treatment we have thanks to the NHS
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 10:40   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
Guess it not just the UK with teenage pregency problems but bet they don't get the free treatment we have thanks to the NHS
Having a baby at 16 isn't exactly a problem I dont think, I just think its bad when girls even younger than that get pregnant. I guess what doesnt appear right in particular is the fact that we see 16yr olds still in their school uniforms and clearly close to their due date. I know a girl however who got pregnant when she was in her last year at school, I cant remember if she actually had the baby before leaving, but she's a really good mum and balancing college and looking after her, and I think that its nice to see that some teen mums do take up that opportunity rather than fit the stereotype and dont bother. There are plenty of opportunities for young mums these days with creches at colleges and flexible working hours in many places of employment.
Old 19-12-2007, 11:04   #4
Resident Waffler

I wonder if they'll write a pregnancy into the story for her screen character?

I do think 16 is a bit young to become a mother but it's not so much age as a stable permanent relationship which I feel is more important so the baby can form a bond with Mum and Dad as part of a family unit.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 11:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
The NHS is far from free, in fact you pay dearly for services that diminish with every passing year.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 11:20   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
The NHS is far from free, in fact you pay dearly for services that diminish with every passing year.
Too true, much better to pay for health insurance instead of national health insurance to gain access to a half arsed service.

I rang nhs direct yesterday, described my symptoms and I just had a sore throat, today I went to see my doctor and he checked me over and diagnosed tonsillitis. Not only that but my doctor will only see people on wednesday mornings, I dont have a clue what he does for the rest of the week but he certainly doesnt take appointments. The only reason I stay with him is that I trust he is a really good doctor, but one morning out of what should be 5 working days a week is ridiculous.
Old 19-12-2007, 11:23   #7
Resident Waffler

Maybe he does home visits or hospital or something the rest of the time.

Old 19-12-2007, 11:24   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Maybe he does home visits or hospital or something the rest of the time.
Why even bother having so many receptionists then? he must have about 5 and they dont even have a set of decent manners between them
Old 19-12-2007, 11:27   #9
Resident Waffler

Five receptionists for just one doctor? Now that's plain greedy.

Old 19-12-2007, 11:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Five receptionists for just one doctor? Now that's plain greedy.
He's a lovely black man with very sexy big hands, I think he deserves 5 receptionists
Old 19-12-2007, 18:38   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

sexy hands???....what are you on??....LOL
Old 19-12-2007, 18:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
sexy hands???....what are you on??....LOL
Nothing like a man with big hands
Old 19-12-2007, 18:52   #13
God Member

Quote:
BlazeyToo true, much better to pay for health insurance instead of national health insurance to gain access to a half arsed service.
Think we have a good health service, dread to think how a lot of people would manage without it.
Old 19-12-2007, 18:56   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think we have a good health service, dread to think how a lot of people would manage without it.
I cant say I feel the same way about it, but I guess when your young and its stressed to you to care about your health but you cant see a doctor for weeks and maybe not see a dentist at all then its a bit disheartening.

Ooooh exciting thing though, on the news this morning it was announced that the NHS has agreed that if health care abroad is an option then they will fund it. I didnt catch the full story as I had to go to the doctors but it sounded exciting!
Old 19-12-2007, 18:58   #15
Senior Member+

can you not go accrington hospital if you cant see your doctor? i dont have a doctor yet and my lad had an ear infection, i rang the health visiters and they told me to take him up there and they saw him straight away..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..