Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2004, 18:25   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Broadway - Get yer thinking caps on!

The shopfitters have just begun work on the new Music Zone store on Broadway[which I will be managing]and I certainly don't want some non-functioning water feature or strange arty sculpture outside my door!Will get my 8 year old to knock a few plans together over the weekend!She is a dab hand with egg boxes and paint.... :engsmil:
Old 24-06-2004, 18:30   #17

I cant see why they cant take it back to the flower beds like already said they looked nice. Something like church street in blackburn would also look nice.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 18:39   #18
Resident Waffler

Flower beds and benches like we used to have would be very nice. Somewhere to sit down is most welcome on a hot day.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 19:14   #19
God Member

It should be remembered that it was members of the Royal Institute of British Architects who foisted Tower Blocks on us in the 50's and 60's and who were only stopped in their tracks by the collapse of Ronan Point. Still, never mind, that paragon of municipal excellence, the estimable Mr Rix appears to be in charge of this bunfight so it will all fizzle out in a few months.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 20:34   #20
Full Member+

Maybe they could resite the fountain from outside the council offices...although Lindsay may prefer a bronze nude!!
Old 24-06-2004, 22:28   #21
Resident Waffler

The local councils don't really have a good record with fountains do they? How come other towns can manage it? (Two examples come to mind - York and Lancaster)

Old 24-06-2004, 22:56   #22
Member.

I go to Lancaster a lot, I prefer to shop there, maybe it reminds me of home. But the centre is a crowd puller. Theres all people around, always friendly.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 23:08   #23
Resident Waffler

Do you live in that neck of the woods?

Old 24-06-2004, 23:21   #24
Member.

Blackpool Willow,

It takes about 25 mins from where I'm at Bispham on a good day. I go up at least once a week.

I don't like Blackpool, no parking - too many money grabbers...the locals aren’t as friendly either
Old 24-06-2004, 23:25   #25
Resident Waffler

I like Lancaster too, in fact the whole area round there. It's surprising how many Accy/Ossy people you meet there too.

Old 24-06-2004, 23:38   #26
Member.

We need some Accyweb badges...anywhere north of pilling good for me. I like to get up into the Trough and in to the hills. I farm occasionally up in Barnacre, back of Garstang, Horse's and sheep in the main; I cover three or four weeks a year plus the odd weekend when the shows are on.

I had family friends that held Gallows Ho over there, god that’s a place; you had to get in to the bath on your back nearly. Good memories

Last edited by Doug; 25-06-2004 at 08:43.
Old 25-06-2004, 04:56   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
We need some Accyweb badges...I, any where north of pilling good for me. I like to get up into the Trough and in to the hills. I farm occasionally up in Barnacre, back of Garstang, Horse's and sheep in the main; I cover three or four weeks a year plus the odd weekend when the shows are on.

I had family friends that held Gallows Ho over there, god that’s a place; you had to get in to the bath on your back nearly. Good memories
That's a nice area Doug. When I'm over I always drive down the Ribble Valley, but always end up going through the Trough, and back round Forton and Chipping. Love it.

It's one of gods nicest gifts.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 00:35   #28
Member.

Your right there Darby.....
Old 29-06-2004, 00:39   #29

I live near Lancaster and periodically visit the Hyndburn/Blackburn area - travelling through the Trough makes a much pleasanter journey than any other way.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 00:47   #30
Member.

Always take the trough when going into Yorkshire. or when just out for a drive round in the evenings, love it up at slaidburn and over the tops.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..