Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2009, 14:18   #136
Give, give, give member

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Half of the Labour MPs have criticised their own government and especially Brown, but that doesn't say they aren't still Labour
...but unlike them, and indeed yourself, I'm not a member of any political party.

Meaning I'm free. Totally free.

Free to speak my mind, and not worrying about the fact that I'm singing from the correct party political hymn book.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2009, 14:34   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...but unlike them, and indeed yourself, I'm not a member of any political party.

Meaning I'm free. Totally free.

Free to speak my mind, and not worrying about the fact that I'm singing from the correct party political hymn book.

Not free thinking enough to realise being a member of a political party does not mean you must follow their thoughts exactly though!
Old 25-07-2009, 14:49   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Not free thinking enough to realise being a member of a political party does not mean you must follow their thoughts exactly though!

Some political party members on here have been forced to admit the party they support, as slavishly as a football team, still support them blindly after deciding they were the right 'team' for them years ago.

Even though they've had many new managers, totally new players, a new strip, and even moved grounds seasons ago.

Yet they still unthinkingly chant the same old support.

Quite sweet really.

Blind devotion.

Though I fear not something I'll ever do.

Old 25-07-2009, 14:52   #139
God Member

Quote:
Some political party members on here have been forced to admit the party they support, as slavishly as a football team, still support them blindly after deciding they were the right 'team' for them years ago.

Even though they've had many new managers, totally new players, a new strip, and even moved grounds seasons ago.

Yet they still unthinkingly chant the same old support.

Quite sweet really.

Blind devotion.

Though I fear not something I'll ever do.

Try and hold them to account personally then rather than prejudicing others.
Old 25-07-2009, 14:56   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Try and hold them to account personally then rather than prejudicing others.
As posted earlier, I'm politically free to post whatever I want, and am certainly in no position to 'prejudice' anyone.

Old 25-07-2009, 14:58   #141
God Member

Quote:
As posted earlier, I'm politically free to post whatever I want, and am certainly in no position to 'prejudice' anyone.

Except by saying what you do you prejudice members of political parties by suggesting they are not politically free to post what they wish. I think you should direct your argument at the individual and not prejudice a group.
Old 25-07-2009, 15:07   #142
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Except by saying what you do you prejudice members of political parties by suggesting they are not politically free to post what they wish. I think you should direct your argument at the individual and not prejudice a group.
As I've said, more than once, I'm free to say whatever I want.

I don't care if in your opinion I 'prejudice members of political parties', and I don't particulary care what you think I should be doing.

It's very liberating.

Take my word.

Old 25-07-2009, 15:20   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
As I've said, more than once, I'm free to say whatever I want.

I don't care if in your opinion I 'prejudice members of political parties', and I don't particulary care what you think I should be doing.

It's very liberating.

Take my word.
lets put this simple- ya can say what ya want so long as it agrees with andrews view.
Old 25-07-2009, 15:28   #144
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
lets put this simple- ya can say what ya want so long as it agrees with andrews view.
And they say you can't teach aud dogs new tricks cashy
Old 26-07-2009, 23:30   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Years of misery, what the hell are we going through know, you really do need to take more water with it Mancie and look at the real world instead of the world according to Zogg
hang on ...I know the state we are in and have friends that are feeling it far worse than myself, but in everyday life it is not yet as bad as it was under the Tories..yet you expect everyone to jump out the frying pan into the fire..apologies for throwing that water all over it.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 09:07   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
hang on ...I know the state we are in and have friends that are feeling it far worse than myself, but in everyday life it is not yet as bad as it was under the Tories..yet you expect everyone to jump out the frying pan into the fire..apologies for throwing that water all over it.
Under this shower the economy shrank by over 5% last year the worse figures since records began, we are in debt to the tune of £800 billion and rising at a great pace, out of the 31 industrialised countries we come 30th in the list of those who were best prepared for the recession, we have more Lords as Government Ministers because the rank and file are useless, and given the fact they inherited the best economic outlook any incoming government has ever inherited and have still cocked it up, this lot ain't got much going for them
Old 27-07-2009, 09:40   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i can agree this lot are on a bad errand, but the thought of "Hug A Hoodie" as P.M. is n even worse scenario.
Old 27-07-2009, 09:58   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i can agree this lot are on a bad errand, but the thought of "Hug A Hoodie" as P.M. is n even worse scenario.
Rather have a "Hug A Hoodie" than a half wit
Old 27-07-2009, 10:22   #149
God Member

The lesser of two evils is still evil

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 10:48   #150
Super Moderator

Ah, but if we get a change of government, we'll be able to take sensible steps to deal with agricultural affairs.

Oh no, sorry, we won't because we surrendered control to the EU via the Common Agricultural Policy.

Anyway, at least we'll be able to establish a firm but fair immigration policy.

Oh no, sorry we won't because we've surrendered control of our borders to the EU.

Never mind, carry on arguing while your independence slips away...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..