Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 10:15   #31
Super Moderator

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think that it's better to invest more money into the NHS and let it work reasonably well ...rather that cut funds and let it fall to ruin as it did in the 80's.
Investing money into the NHS is only a good thing if it's spent wisely - ie, as much of it on front line services as possible. The government is squandering a large part of the money that goes into the NHS at the moment on unnecessary layers of management and unworkable IT systems. Still, your blinkers will never let you see that, will they?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Investing money into the NHS is only a good thing if it's spent wisely - ie, as much of it on front line services as possible. The government is squandering a large part of the money that goes into the NHS at the moment on unnecessary layers of management and unworkable IT systems. Still, your blinkers will never let you see that, will they?
I gave up with Mancie a long time ago, I just nod and say whatever now Wynonie
Old 07-07-2009, 11:52   #33
God Member

Quote:
and you did all that in the last ten years under a Labour Government entwisi?...think about it.
I'd say in spite of them as they have done nothing to assist me in that time. its is I who have actively sought out the right skills and opportunities to get where I am. Its me that has put the effort into making the most of these opportunities.

I run environmentally friendly cars as my job is > 50 miles from home, do I get the tax break they give new ones... nope

I am constantly retraining myself on latest skills, any tax breaks? nope

I look after my Mum who needs care, she is on the list for sheltered accomodation, current waiting list unending, due to lack of goverment support to provide the right amount of social housing. its over 20 years ago that it was noted we were becoming an 'older' population but nothing done to provide for this.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I'd say in spite of them as they have done nothing to assist me in that time. its is I who have actively sought out the right skills and opportunities to get where I am. Its me that has put the effort into making the most of these opportunities.

I run environmentally friendly cars as my job is > 50 miles from home, do I get the tax break they give new ones... nope

I am constantly retraining myself on latest skills, any tax breaks? nope

I look after my Mum who needs care, she is on the list for sheltered accomodation, current waiting list unending, due to lack of goverment support to provide the right amount of social housing. its over 20 years ago that it was noted we were becoming an 'older' population but nothing done to provide for this.
just in case you dont already have one here you go

sorry but couldnt afford a trumpet for you to blow

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08   #35
God Member

I did all my trumpet blowing in the BB brass band thanks mate.....

I was never into BP either so you can keep your badge in exchange for my name back on FB

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 14:39   #36
God Member

National Statistics Online

Scary.

Last edited by andrewb; 07-07-2009 at 14:51.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 14:59   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
well get rid of yer mirrors.
Old 07-07-2009, 18:13   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I did all my trumpet blowing in the BB brass band thanks mate.....

I was never into BP either so you can keep your badge in exchange for my name back on FB
add me to msn and we can talk about it

[email protected]

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:08   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well get rid of yer mirrors.

One of our Prime Ministers, John Diefenbaker, once said that politicians use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post ... more for support than illumination.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
One of our Prime Ministers, John Diefenbaker, once said that politicians use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post ... more for support than illumination.
Not in the UK....people like Gordon Brown use statistics like a dog uses a lamp post.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 00:54   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm not stupid enough to think that eveything in the NHS is lovely and rosey...but I do not agree with any cuts to funding...when the Tories do start making the cuts it won't be in mamagement and I.T. systems ..it will start with cleaning staff etc and eventually in nurses...we've seen it all before, they will set up private monitoring "consultants" which cost millions...and you call me blinkered.. get yer head out the sand, these consultant agencies with be laughing all the way to the bank.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 00:57   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
you've got some cheek...you are a life long Tory activist whose posts are 99% pro Tory..behave yerself Jaysay...you aint fooling anyone

Last edited by Mancie; 09-07-2009 at 01:05.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:01   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Not in the UK....people like Gordon Brown use statistics like a dog uses a lamp post.
.Tealeaf is the bloke that posted this earlier in this thread

Cuts? Lets start with the obvious shall we:
  • Get out the EU - Saving £30bn annually
  • Shut down the Dept. of Overseas Development - Savings £10bn
  • Let the Scots have independence - Saving £18bn
  • Give the Scots responsibility for their banks that got us into this mess - saving £200bn
  • Shut down the Quangos - saving £60bn
  • Sack half of all bureaucrats - whatever dept - saving £30bn
  • Sling out so called asylum seekers - saving £4bn
  • Sling out Brown, Darling and the other crooks - saving, priceless.
so you don't use statistics Tealeaf?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
punish him for me Eroll..he's been a naughty boy!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14   #45
God Member

Quote:
.Tealeaf is the bloke that posted this earlier in this thread

Cuts? Lets start with the obvious shall we:
  • Get out the EU - Saving £30bn annually
  • Sling out Brown, Darling and the other crooks - saving, priceless........
so you don't use statistics Tealeaf?
Statistics is the interpretation and presentation of data. The above are simple numbers. Although I am often tempted to use statistics on here to elaborate a case, I am also aware that would invariably marginalise those of limited intelligence such as Mancie.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..