Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2009, 23:46   #31
God Member

Re: brushes with Infamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I never said you were in a corner.

You were obviously affected, because you posted you were leaving the forum.

It was nothing personal, I'd have defended anyone against what I saw as unfair bullying.

I've never been one to be silent, be it the fashionable thing to do at the present time, or not.
I lost patience briefly - at no time did I experience anger - I no longer feel the need for such destructive emotion

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2009, 23:49   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
"I could infact defame all those I listed"

The 'famous' people I happened to mention in my original post.

Nothing about being 'well aware of lots corruption, and preferring to remain silent'.

Blimey the mind of a conspiracy theorist is unfathobable, and invents it's own bizarre facts that aren't there, at least not apparent to those of a rational mind.

If that's evidence of research I'd label it very sloppy, if not verging on the slanderous.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 23:50   #33
God Member

Quote:
The 'famous' people I happened to mention in my original post.

Nothing about being 'well aware of lots corruption, and preferring to remain silent'.

Blimey the mind of a conspiracy theorist is unfathobable, and invents it's own bizarre facts that aren't there, at least not apparent to those of a rational mind.

If that's evidence of research I'd label it very sloppy, if not verging on the slanderous.
Do you have a different definition of defamity from most people

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 23:51   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I lost patience briefly - at no time did I experience anger - I no longer feel the need for such destructive emotion
Good.

I think your imput on this forum is much needed, considering the dross that has meant many other interesting members have disappeared.

Old 22-05-2009, 00:00   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do you have a different definition of defamity from most people
Defame, to harm the reputation of someone by libel or slander, to disgrace.

I was merely pointing out that not all the people I mentioned in my original post are primarily considered infamous, but that I could justify all those mentioned as being such because of what I know.

I was just trying to illustrate that I wasn't 'showing off' about having known a lot of well known people, but those I mentioned were my brushes with infamy, which is what the thead was about.

Old 22-05-2009, 04:31   #36
Resting in Peace

When i used to stand Accy market we had a guy that helped out now and again that used to knock about with the Kray Twins
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 05:37   #37
God Member

apart from meeting Idi Amin in the Sudan (1980) during his exodus from Uganda into exile in Saudi Arabia don't think I have met anyone who could really be described as infamous (nasty) . Have buddy in Austria and he keeps a photo of this Dad on the mantlepiece in his Waffen SS uniform from the early 40s , only met the chap once (now passed on) , when asked about his missing fingers , he just replied with a shrug 'Stalingrad' , a really nice gentleman , made great Obstler (Schnapps) . Also once worked/alongside with a chap who had been part of the German occupation force in the Channel islands , he was a nice chap as well ....
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 19:41   #38

Quote:
Just rereading my post some aren't really encounters with people of infamy, but I could justify them all if I brought in the Belgrano, or being arrested for immoral purposes in the 1950's, or hitting your maid with a hairdryer and being made to sweep the streets on New York.

I could infact defame all those I listed.
I could defame all those you listed. Defamations are unfounded.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 19:47   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I could defame all those you listed. Defamations are unfounded.
You obviously haven't witnessed how Mrs. Thatcher eats peas.

Nothing's unfounded if it is what you actually saw.

Old 25-05-2009, 22:01   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

met n had a pint with Ronnie Knight one xmas in benalmadena when i lived there, he was on the trot at the time. seemed n ok geezer to me, but barbara windsor probably would not agree.
Old 26-05-2009, 05:28   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
met n had a pint with Ronnie Knight one xmas in benalmadena when i lived there, he was on the trot at the time. seemed n ok geezer to me, but barbara windsor probably would not agree.
me and my mate bully had a fun packed night in the midland hotel with Gary Glitter in the early eighties he had just been made bankrupt and was cadging drinks all night,long before the other scandals be fell him

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 09:48   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
When i used to stand Accy market we had a guy that helped out now and again that used to knock about with the Kray Twins
was he an ex prison guard

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 09:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
me and my mate bully had a fun packed night in the midland hotel with Gary Glitter in the early eighties he had just been made bankrupt and was cadging drinks all night,long before the other scandals be fell him
yeah i heard he resorted to borrowing sweets off children as well teh sick swine

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..