Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2014, 18:50   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Burn baby

Without quoting your long but valid posts #13 & #14, please don't think all men are insensitive, as you already know I have an attitude that is just a touch anti female, that does not mean that I or any other thinking man would force a woman to have to go to full term, or to have a termination unless she decides what is right for her.

Some of us will even support her afterwards when she starts having regrets, or whatever she may go through.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2014, 19:08   #17
God Member

Re: Burn baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

I believe there is also a (bigger) issue of parents being lied to saying things like "remains are cremated",No mention of them heating hospitals from their incinerators.
Stop NHS 'burning babies' says Amanda Holden: Hospitals heated wards with fetal remains - parents thought they were cremated - Mirror Online
I read the link. One reason I did was to find out who Amanda Holden is. A goddam tv personality What next? Wayne Rooney's take on the ongoing crisis in the Ukraine? Sheesh.
AccyMad and Accyexplorer like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 19:17   #18

Burn baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I read the link. One reason I did was to find out who Amanda Holden is. A goddam tv personality What next? Wayne Rooney's take on the ongoing crisis in the Ukraine? Sheesh.

Is she? Well I hope she has big boobs and a squeaky voice with a slight juvenile lisp, then I can disregard her completely.
(Blond hair optional, but if it's dyed she must appear on screen with at least a fortnights worth of natural colour showing at the roots).
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 24-03-2014, 19:34   #19
God Member

iv occassionally snogged girls round the back of the crematorium when i was younger because it was warmer

dont see any difference between using someones granny to heat up my lustfull evenings and burning medical waste to keep the ill warm

sounds worse when you say burning babies to heat hospitals but either way they are going to be burned one way or another and i doubt they are chucking 8 month developed still born babies in there just the what are classed as not developed fetus's that are legally deemed undeveloped and lawfully terminated

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 19:48   #20
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Without quoting your long but valid posts #13 & #14, please don't think all men are insensitive, as you already know I have an attitude that is just a touch anti female, that does not mean that I or any other thinking man would force a woman to have to go to full term, or to have a termination unless she decides what is right for her.

Some of us will even support her afterwards when she starts having regrets, or whatever she may go through.
Less, nowhere have I made that suggestion....and yes not all men are the same. I wasn't referring to that as much as the insensitive way that this topic has been posted.

In my work I came across all shades of men(and I mean that in the emotional sense, not racist).
The men whose wives had to have termination of pregnancy for other than social reasons were often just as emotional as their wives.
And I agree that it is no-ones choice but that of the woman in question.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 07:42   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I wasn't referring to that as much as the insensitive way that this topic has been posted.
Gotta agree Margaret not only the headline post on here from AccyX but the inflamatory attention grabbing headlines created by more than one newspaper.
I am sure the primary reason for using hospital incinerators was for disposal and not for heating purposes. I also think that grieving parents were/are given the opportunity to make their own arrangements as fits their religion and feelings.

AccyX you need to be a bit less selective in your reading matter.

oops just seen Neil has made similar points on disposal... I too need to be maybe a bit less selective.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Last edited by DtheP47; 25-03-2014 at 07:45.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 09:24   #22
Beacon of light

It is a long long time since such material was incinerated at hospitals.
Many hospitals choose Clinical disposal units/ companies to deal with what is termed 'clinical waste'.

In our area, that would have been White Rose at Bolton. But for many years now, and as a result of much campaigning by myself and others on the steering committee, it has been the policy to deal with foetal remains and babies in a sensitive manner.

And you are right. Where parents wanted to do this for themselves, they were allowed to do so and given information to help them to do this. In Blackburn the Co-op Funeral Services were a mainstay for grieving parents.
Babies were cremated at no cost to the parents. If the parents wanted a burial then obviously that could not be done at no cost, but the Co-op made no profit on these funerals.

I am not sure if the Co-op still run this service as I have been retired now for 12 years.
I feel it would be very difficult(for the local hospital) to back pedal on the other sensitive arrangements for the disposal of babies remains.
I know the book of remembrance still exists. It is in the Spiritual Centre near C10 at RBH.

I spent many many hours doing the entries into this book and also provided parents with a copy of the entry, because I know there are times when the grief is so raw that you find it impossible to go and visit the book to look at the entry.
Gremlin and Accyexplorer like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-03-2014 at 09:27.
Old 25-03-2014, 11:46   #23
Senior Member+

This thread was (another) (half baked) 'insensitive', over reaction on my behalf

All the hospitals are doing is recouping some of the waste heat,rather than just sending it up the chimney.
Anyway I apologise again if my insensitivity has caused anyone any (unintended) misery.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 12:01   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
This thread was (another) (half baked) 'insensitive', over reaction on my behalf

All the hospitals are doing is recouping some of the waste heat,rather than just sending it up the chimney.
Anyway I apologise again if my insensitivity has caused anyone any (unintended) misery.

As I have mentioned, all you have to do is think before you post, that way you won't have to apologise.
Old 25-03-2014, 12:03   #25
Beacon of light

Our local hospital does no incineration of clinical waste.

It was an ill conceived thread, but it was generated by sensationalist media hype.(remember that the media only want to sell papers and the celebs only want to be noticed and be in the public eye - it doesn't really matter to them what it is about)

It would be good if next time you are tempted to post along similar lines that perhaps you ask questions(e.g Have you ever had an experience like this?) and phrase your posts a bit more sensitively(ask yourself if you or a relative of yours were in this situation - how would you feel?)
However, it takes strength to come on here and admit your errors...and apologise.
Well done on that count.
Less, AccyMad, mobertol and 1 others like this.
Old 25-03-2014, 14:52   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Gotta agree Margaret not only the headline post on here from AccyX but the inflamatory attention grabbing headlines created by more than one newspaper....
It's what newspapers do but they were only reporting on a Dispatches TV program due to air that night. I suspect the TV people wanted the newspapers to report it in the way they did to promote the TV program

Have you read the comments in the article from the link in the first post of this thread? Some are quite interesting and thought provoking?

Last edited by Neil; 25-03-2014 at 14:54.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 15:58   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv occassionally snogged girls round the back of the crematorium when i was younger because it was warmer

dont see any difference between using someones granny to heat up my lustfull evenings and burning medical waste to keep the ill warm
When I had a conducted tour back stage at Accrington Crematorium the attendant showed me the CCTV camera which is a permanent fixture focused on the very area where you did you dirty deeds.
He obviously didn't show me the film but told me they staff had some good fun watching the evenings performance.
There are a few more CCTV cameras around the place all motion activated and capable of night vision.
You never know, you could be on utube or a similar X rated web site.
Old 25-03-2014, 16:18   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
There are a few more CCTV cameras around the place all motion activated and capable of night vision.
You never know, you could be on utube or a similar X rated web site.
Did you have to , I am eating
Old 25-03-2014, 17:18   #29
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's what newspapers do but they were only reporting on a Dispatches TV program due to air that night. I suspect the TV people wanted the newspapers to report it in the way they did to promote the TV program

Have you read the comments in the article from the link in the first post of this thread? Some are quite interesting and thought provoking?
I could not get that link to work for me the other day...but for some strange reason now it does.

The comments show that may people believe what the newspaper article tells them....much as Accyexplorer did.
Having worked in this area(Womens Health) for more than 25 years my colleagues and I invested a lot of time and effort into getting things changed.
I know that not all trusts follow policies of good practice, but there is no reason that they shouldn't.

The topic of termination of pregnancy is emotive, contentious and polarises opinion.
Many people seem to think that a woman will terminate a pregnancy on a whim. This hasn't been my experience of how women deal with the issue.
Less and Gremlin like this.
Old 25-03-2014, 17:42   #30
Senior Member+

If they are being burned anyway what is the problem of utilizing the heat for a positive out come! It's not as if they are being deliberately killed for that purpose?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..