Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2014, 16:15   #61
Beacon of light

Re: Burn baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it appropriately sensitive to put a lady who has just lost her baby on the same ward as crying newborns?

I know you mean well Margaret but sometimes I do think you are blinkered by your loyalty to your profession and think all is good with the NHS
No of course it isn't right that women who have lost a baby are put on a ward with crying babies.
No, Neil. I am not blinkered because I am no longer active in nursing......and I know all is not good with the NHS.
(My daughter has had a very long and serious illness and so I have seen it in close focus, warts and all).
The NHS is hampered by politically motivated box ticking - which gives nothing to the people who use the service......it is top heavy with management. There are other things that need addressing too....but that would make a whole new thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2014, 16:19   #62
Beacon of light

Quote:
I am sure you will have had women on your ward that you thought the same about.
No, Neil. Every woman had their own reasons and who am I to question them about their decisions?

I can only live my own life. What I would do has no bearing on their decisions.
You cannot be judgemental and give sensitive(good) care.
mobertol and walkinman221 like this.
Old 26-03-2014, 17:30   #63
Senior Member+

What flashy said about the Doctor made me feel sick.

What the hell gives these religious (insert expletives) people the right to make that decision for any woman?

Is it because of these people that some women have psychological problems later on after an abortion or is there more to it? No woman should be taught that she is evil if she chooses to abort.

It certainly is debatable whether or not there is "life" in that time period where a woman is legally allowed to have an abortion. However IMHO those that think it is murder are just stupid.... Currently I do not have an opinion on how aborted fetuses should be disposed of... This is such a bleak and heavy subject. Just hope any woman that have to go through this kind of decision are not struggling later because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Every woman had their own reasons and who am I to question them about their decisions?
Margaret says it best here. End of the day it is the woman's decision to abort a child.
Old 26-03-2014, 17:47   #64
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
No, Neil. Every woman had their own reasons and who am I to question them about their decisions?

I can only live my own life. What I would do has no bearing on their decisions.
You cannot be judgemental and give sensitive(good) care.
I would never expect you to question them
Old 26-03-2014, 17:47   #65
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
What flashy said about the Doctor made me feel sick.

What the hell gives these religious (insert expletives) people the right to make that decision for any woman?
We use the same surgery group and I have no problem with their beliefs as long as I can see someone else if my condition required treatment against there beliefs. They don't make their beliefs a secret and by joining their practice you accept that they are their beliefs even if they are not yours. If you read their home page here they make if totally clear Cornerstone Practices - Home

Here are a couple of quotes from their website that I will of course remove if they wish.

Quote:
Cornerstone Practice and Healthcare have a Christian foundation. We will never impose our beliefs on people but will treat people equally and will respect them as unique and important individuals. We will not discriminate against anyone because of their gender, sexuality, sexual preference, religion, race or age.
Quote:
We provide contraceptive services and aim to provide special support to women with unwanted pregnancies. While we do not refer for termination of pregnancy ourselves, we will provide the information necessary for women to access this service and support them through the process
I think they make their views clear and I have always found them to be an excellent practice. After hearing stories of other peoples experiences with Doctors in the area I think we are lucky to have such a good practice.
mobertol likes this.
Old 26-03-2014, 17:50   #66
Senior Member+

Well it seems they go against their own statement by saying "no you can't" as flashy put it?
Old 26-03-2014, 18:19   #67
Beacon of light

Quote:
We use the same surgery group and I have no problem with their beliefs as long as I can see someone else if my condition required treatment against there beliefs. They don't make their beliefs a secret and by joining their practice you accept that they are their beliefs even if they are not yours. If you read their home page here they make if totally clear Cornerstone Practices - Home

Here are a couple of quotes from their website that I will of course remove if they wish.
I think they make their views clear and I have always found them to be an excellent practice. After hearing stories of other peoples experiences with Doctors in the area I think we are lucky to have such a good practice.
Neil, they are an excellent practice. I know some of the Doctors from my old nursing days.
And a request for such treatment may not be dealt with by them, but I would expect that they would refer on to someone who was more able to deal with it. That is what usually happens.
Old 26-03-2014, 18:23   #68
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Well it seems they go against their own statement by saying "no you can't" as flashy put it?
Doctors and nurses can invoke the conscience clause when dealing with termination of pregnancy.
So they may not acctually be keen to do a referral themselves but should be able to refer the patient to someone else, so that the woman can access treatment.
Family planning clinics will refer and you can visit another GP(other than your own) and ask for emergency treatment.
Old 27-03-2014, 00:46   #69

Less, I know I am wandering off this thread a bit (at my age I do a lot of that – ‘wandering off’) but I was very interested in what you said re Roy, Mick and yourself as regards Accrington Web.

Roy must be quite some bloke to finance this, which is for other people’s benefit rather than his own (not many people would do this sort of thing) – many thanks go to him for this. Also many thanks and much appreciation to you, Mick and Neil for keeping it going in the way you do. It must take up a lot of your time (and patience!!!!).

It is such a great forum – so many varied and interesting topics. Unfortunately, while most correspondents to the forum are thinking and caring people and have a lot of interesting points to contribute – and also deliver clever banter to make us chuckle - the odd one manages to sneak in with self-serving comments – maybe on some sort of ego trip.

Let’s hope that Roy continues to be benevolent to those of us who get so much enjoyment out of the forum – and that you, Mick and Neil continue with the good work and keep us on track. Just ignore the ignoramuses amongst us.

Now back to this particular thread – what the heck has this subject to do with Accyexplorer and why would he even have started a thread about it? I find it abhorrent that it was started in a manner that seems to me to be almost light-hearted and gossipy - apologies if I misinterpreted this but there is nothing light-hearted about a woman’s decision to have an abortion.

I find the title of the thread to be insensitive to say the least – written for attention-grabbing as I assume it was.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 00:52   #70

Margaret P. I do enjoy reading your postings and comments - you know what you're talking about and make a discussion worth having.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 04:19   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Margaret P. I do enjoy reading your postings and comments - you know what you're talking about and make a discussion worth having.
Except when it comes to cooking
Restless likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 08:01   #72
Beacon of light

Eric, this is especially for you.....get slavverin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (464.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 27-03-2014, 13:30   #73
God Member

Quote:
Eric, this is especially for you.....get slavverin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (258.7 KB, 15 views)
DaveinGermany likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 13:52   #74
Resting in Peace

Can we get back on thread thanks
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 13:58   #75
Beacon of light

Sorry Mick...it is Erics Fault

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..