Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2011, 08:31   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Bus passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Not bad! Unemployed through drug taking but tax payers are giving you enough spare money to use taxis? I hope we're giving you enough so your whole family can travel in style!
Then you moan about free bus passes for OAP's! Don't forget some of them are still paying the taxes you are enjoying spending.
Spot on Gordon
Old 31-10-2011, 08:39   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
. There will be a time when your an OAP that you'll thank god you've a bus pass, cause you're too pow fagged to walk any great distance. .
With his attitude there's a very good chance he won't be making it, I believe Eric is contemplating a last visit to blighty,
Old 31-10-2011, 11:09   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove thinks Eric is cruel, shooting them poor animals...Groove would like to chase Eric over the coppice with a shot-gun and see how he enjoys it....Grooove will then skin you and wear ur skin like a trophy and stick your head on a pole outside the town hole- for the pigeons to pick at the soft, proteinful bits like the eyes etc...
The first sensible thing Groove has said!

Well done!

As for being a hypocrit, I assume you are saying that because we eat meat. Yes I do, but there is a world of difference between animals humanely slaughtered in an abbatoir, and someone roaming the plains of Saskatchewan with a shotgun taking pot shots at animals, possibly condemining them to die long and painful deaths, whilst at the same time running the risk that a poor unsuspecting human might get in the way.

Phew!

What has this got to do with bus passes?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 11:18   #64
God Member

I am anti blood sports. No-one should kill just for the fun of it.
However, Eric kills to eat, which, if needs be most people would.
My dad went catching rabbits during food rationing in the 40s.

They do have controlled deer culls in UK, and they don't sneak up on them with a stun gun

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-10-2011 at 11:20.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 13:05   #65
I am Banned

Groove would like it to be known that he is currently employed and has been for the vast majority of his life....Groove admits that substance abuse once destroyed his life and resulted in him being unfit for work during this time. Groove naively thought his honesty would be respected and not used against him to belittle him...Many people suffer from the disease of addiction, and Groove assumes Accyweb as a few on the quiet. Don't forget alcohol is a drug.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 13:17   #66
God Member

Quote:
Groove thinks Eric is cruel, shooting them poor animals...Groove would like to chase Eric over the coppice with a shot-gun and see how he enjoys it....Grooove will then skin you and wear ur skin like a trophy and stick your head on a pole outside the town hole- for the pigeons to pick at the soft, proteinful bits like the eyes etc...
I think that you are confusing hunting with hanging, drawing, and quartering ... a true English tradition

Maybe early next spring I'll head out on the pack ice and club a few baby seals to death
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 13:36   #67
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that you are confusing hunting with hanging, drawing, and quartering ... a true English tradition

Maybe early next spring I'll head out on the pack ice and club a few baby seals to death
Groove also realises that hunting is indeed a British tradition...Groove once went shooting for wood pigeon.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 13:44   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
are you veggie?

he lives in Canada you 'moose' it's legal
Definitely legal ... and definitely well-controlled. The penalties for illegal hunting are harsh. Because there was in the past a program of eradicating wolves, who acted as controls on the deer population, the deer herds were getting too large for the food supply, and the sick and the weak were surviving and breeding (probably why groove is on this planet). In order to keep the herds healthy and to make sure there was enough food for them, hunting is allowed. But only at a level determined by Provincial departments of the environment. The biggest threat to our wild life is the encroachment of humans on natural habitats. We in Canada are doing something about this. There are wetland conservation programs, the polluted lakes and rivers are being cleaned up, forests are being protected and large areas being re-forested. Oh, and wolves are being re-introduced ... and given free bus passes in order to get to their hunting grounds

Oh, and you can shoot only the males ...
Old 31-10-2011, 17:37   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
The first sensible thing Groove has said!

Well done!

As for being a hypocrit, I assume you are saying that because we eat meat. Yes I do, but there is a world of difference between animals humanely slaughtered in an abbatoir, and someone roaming the plains of Saskatchewan with a shotgun taking pot shots at animals, possibly condemining them to die long and painful deaths, whilst at the same time running the risk that a poor unsuspecting human might get in the way.

Phew!

What has this got to do with bus passes?
Fascinating images ... amazing ... ufortunately, it doesn't coform to reality. Maybe you are thinking of the yanks, out hunting chipmunk with their AKs and Uzzis, and dressed in cammo My hunting gear is bright orange ... Canadians figured out a while back that there weren't too many bright orange deer roaming the bush; so, why not wear something that makes you look like no deer on earth This way you won't get mistaken for one.

And while we are at it, maybe you should read "Lancashire Witches" by Harrison Ainsworth; and as you go through it note the abundance of wild life that is romping through the beautiful Lancashire landscape. Not much like that now is it. Looks like some guys who don't know what they are talking about, and having destroyed their own native wildlife, feel qualified to lecture Canadians on how to manage theirs. I've had deer in my back yard. This ever happen over there?

And this has nothing whatsoever to do with bus passes.
Old 31-10-2011, 18:03   #70
Full Member+

[quote=Eric;943889]My hunting gear is bright orange ...
So no raccoon-skin hat then?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 18:07   #71
God Member

[quote=steve2qec;943903]
Quote:
My hunting gear is bright orange ...
So no raccoon-skin hat then?
As soon as I find an orange coon
Old 31-10-2011, 18:40   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:

As soon as I find an orange coon
Are you allowed to say that?

The other colours might get jealous.

Feeling you're expressing a special preference.

Last edited by garinda; 31-10-2011 at 18:44.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 21:34   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Groove would like it to be known that he is currently employed and has been for the vast majority of his life....Groove admits that substance abuse once destroyed his life and resulted in him being unfit for work during this time. Groove naively thought his honesty would be respected and not used against him to belittle him...Many people suffer from the disease of addiction, and Groove assumes Accyweb as a few on the quiet. Don't forget alcohol is a drug.
If you want respect for your problems then don't bang on about others , "bus passed for the elderly" , "pensioners should only go down town on Wednesday's " bit of a theme developing here. It looks like you have it in for the elderly, we are all going in the same direction time wise, the nasty person of today will become the pensioner of tomorrow
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 21:39   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
If you want respect for your problems then don't bang on about others , "bus passed for the elderly" , "pensioners should only go down town on Wednesday's " bit of a theme developing here. It looks like you have it in for the elderly, we are all going in the same direction time wise, the nasty person of today will become the pensioner of tomorrow
I have just noticed that Groove has been banned from the site.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 21:41   #75
Senior Member+

Where is that posted.?
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..