Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2004, 22:04   #1
Always EVIL within us

Calling All Fisherpersons - -

Can anyone advise me on places to coarse fish in the Accie area please? Did I really see a carp rise from the murky depths in the canal at Accie or was it a resident rat?

Seriously, Is the canal fishable and are there any decent coarse fishing waters in the Accie area that just require a rod license or a minimal daily fee.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2004, 22:15   #2
I am Band

Re: Calling All Fisherpersons - -

There are fish in the canal behind Emerson & Renwick at Church where i work. There are usually a few fishing on Sundays.

There used to be carp in Hags res next to the Asda on Hyndburn road, I'm not sure about now though. I think it is owned by Accy & District angling club

Personally, I like fishing with dynamite, metaphorically speaking, it gets fast results

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 23:21   #3
Always EVIL within us

Nice one Spark, with your Avatar, I can understand the need for dynamite but I think I will stick with maggots for the time being. It was church that I thought I saw a rising carp amonst the floating plastic bottles and oil slick.

If anyone sees an idiot fishing in a fish denuded polluted canal in the near future, please don't laugh, it is only me!

What about "Accy & District angling club anyone? Who would I contact?
Old 28-06-2004, 23:22   #4

Most waters are limked to Accy & District Angling Asc. There are several around Hyndburn, best to pop in to the fishing shop on Abbey St. They should be able to tell you whats best.

Perran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 07:34   #5

Ditto what Perran said, the water next to Asda often seems to be full when I have passed it.
Your local tackle shop should be able to put you right on track for some excellent spots.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 10:13   #6

There is a place in stanhill called kemp delph, this has carp and pike in, however it has a fence around it which you have to get past, but there are holes in it.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 17:54   #7
Always EVIL within us

Thank you all for your help and advice, I will pop up to Abbey st as soon as.
Old 30-06-2004, 07:06   #8

referring to your original question, the Canal is somewhere in Burnley that I'm told Bailiffs no longer bother with due to getting threatened with chucking in too often etc.
I wonder if the Accrington bits are the same?
Old 30-06-2004, 09:34   #9

Thats burnley though, dont think that happens in accrington.
Old 30-06-2004, 10:57   #10

why's that? are the people there so different?
No-one gets drunk & roams the streets at night having fights, no crime, no nutters?

Doubt it
Old 30-06-2004, 11:51   #11

Well when i go fishing no one ever threatens bailiffs.
Old 30-06-2004, 19:48   #12
Accrington Web Mascot

Come on Mattylad - no where is like Burnley - don't be too quick to take offensive!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:54   #13

Me? I'm not on the offensive

I'm only going off what I was told by the Bailiff's themselves.

Personally I have never seen anyone thrown in etc, but then I rarely fish the canal it has too much rubbish in it & As far as I know its the same canal

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..