Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 15:50   #16
God Member

Re: Cannabis

I only tried it once, but I never exhaled
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2008, 15:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I only tried it once, but I never exhaled

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 16:20   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I've used it every day for the last 40 years, never found it addictive and as for slide effects......
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 17:05   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
hasnt cannabis been proven to cause mental health problems?
With the same amount of abuse, it's as dangerous as alcohol is. Therefore, as jambutty states in his opening post, it is somewhat farcical for the government to have alcohol as a legal item (that they make a hell of a lot of money out of) and to persist with making cannabis illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
i think the prob with cannabis is that back when it entered mainstream it was harmless lil weed thing

now the variants being produced are ALOT stronger than the old stuff. hence much more dangerous
If cannabis was legalised, the content could be regulated properly.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 17:57   #20
God Member

I think that, like any substance which puts you into altered states, weed is ok if used with moderation. Personally I prefer people who are stoned rather than hammered. Booze which is legal and heavily taxed (and in Ontario, liquor can be sold only in govt. outlets) does tend to bring out the worst in people. In the 70s, Nixon commisioned a study on weed in the states. The problem was that those doing the study came to the wrong conclusions ... at least conclusions which Nixon was not prepared for and did not want to hear. Some researchers doubted that weed could be classified as a drug, at least under the guidelines that they had been given. In order to classify drugs they considered the difference between the effective dose (what gets you high) and the lethal dose. With those guidelines booze is classified as very dangerous. But with weed, they could find no lethal dose.

The major problems I see with legalization are that the quality will go down and the price will go up. Around here, weed goes for $50 a quarter. That's a decent enough price, and the quality is good.
Old 03-04-2008, 18:01   #21
Give, give, give member

Most people that appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show seem to smoke a lot of cannabis.

Enough said.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 18:05   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Most people that appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show seem to smoke a lot of cannabis.

Enough said.
Jeremy Kyle It's things like this that make me feel like a real foreigner
Old 03-04-2008, 18:08   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:

It's similar to the shows from your southern neighbour, like Rikki and Jerry Springer, only with a better class of trash on it.

Old 03-04-2008, 18:08   #24
God Member

Quote:
It is Oprah for the brain dead

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 18:12   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It is Oprah for the brain dead

People wouldn't need mind-altering drugs if they all watched it.

Afterwards you are left feeling euphoric...that your life isn't as bad as the poor cretins that appear on the show.

Last edited by garinda; 03-04-2008 at 18:17.
Old 03-04-2008, 18:21   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Afterwards you are left feeling euphoric...that your life isn't as bad as the poor cretins that appear on the show.

Hmmmm I wouldnt be too sure of that. However, I do know who the father to my children is without doing a paternity test and dont need a lie detector to know he'd cheated on me

Back to the main sbject though, I have tried cannabis twice when I was younger (once at 16 and once at 18) both times it made me violently sick. I do know people that smoke it on a daily basis and form what I can tell it does not seem to have made them paranoid etc but who knows. not knowing first hand I couldnt comment of the side effects but I know it does have medicinal purposes so there should be no law against it for those reasons
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 18:25   #27
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Are you sure, surely not, you must be joking, not cannabis, give over,who said that, i`m sure someones following me................I never said i`d ever smoked it, did i? err no think not?......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
no it can't, shhh wait a minute what was that noise..........help they are after me again.............................quick run.........................

LMAO......th__thwack__by_zacthetoad.giffunny buggers
Old 03-04-2008, 18:39   #28
God Member

Thanx guys .... I thought it was something like that .... I watched a few minutes of Jerry Springer once .... that was enough ....
Old 03-04-2008, 20:17   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The current national debate is once again about how to classify cannabis.

Brown has announced that a second review is to take place to look at if cannabis should be re-classified from the current class “C” drug to a class “B” drug.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/jul/18/immigrationpolicy.drugsandalcohol

Some sufferers of multiple scelorsis claim that cannabis alleviates their pain. So does heroin in the guise of morphine.

However it is daft to allow alcohol to be legally sold and all the problems that it causes, yet criminalize the use of cannabis.

The real problem with cannabis is that it is cultivated and sold by criminals because it is illegal to grow, posses, sell and use.

We can legally make our own beer and wine and even spirits for OUR OWN CONSUMPTION so why not cannabis. Alcohol not only kills and maims the user but others as well. Cannabis rarely if ever does the same.

Take the criminality out of cannabis by controlling its production and distribution and make it cheaper to buy from a licensed source, like a chemist, than buying it on the ‘street’. Undercut the criminals and they will go out of business. Once out of the cannabis business criminals would not be able to dupe their regular cannabis customers into trying other drugs, which would be a bonus. No doubt the criminal element will fight back but the government has to be strong and resolute even if it means that cannabis will be given away practically free. No business can run at a loss, especially a criminal business.

Then if the illegal cannabis trade can be wrested from the criminal the government should look at the possibility of doing the same with other so called ‘recreational’ drugs.

Finally, I have never knowingly used any illegal drug so from a purely personal view I don’t care what happens to cannabis. I prefer to keep my brain clear and active, which is why I do not use alcohol and haven’t done for more than 15 years.
I do not believe it should be changed to a class B drug.

Our courts are busy enough without having to deal with petty possession charges, Or would the issue some form of on the spot fine system.

Most pople who say it should be increase dont really understand the amount of people that actually use the drug.

Go back 15 years cannabis was mainly sold in the form of resin, in numorous types and it was usually of good quality and the price was pretty high. Nowadays resin or Soap Bar is full of all sorts of poisons and is half the price its purely made to make profit.

The UK Cannabis Co-Op : Smoking Soap - Smoking Poison!

Back then Skunk was a pretty rare thing to get hold off, unlike today where it is the mainstream, again with the skunk (which lets remember is a plant NOT man made and has MANY other uses). there are different types, strains and strenths.

Although the proffit barrons have started to poison this to again to make proffit from the user.

CANNABIS-CAMPAIGNERS-GUIDE-SMOKE-SOAP-SMOKE-POISON

Now IMO if you make the drug harder to get hold of this is what happens even more, the quality goes the proffitears take over and poison the users.

Now if the smokers where allowed to possess a small quantity without problem this would save police a lot of messing. I watch Street Wars and they regularly find people possessing skunk, to which they usually arrest, warn, and the dearrest as it can be dealt with at the roadside. should they arrest spend 2 hours+ processing the "criminal" to give him a petty caution or send him to court?

I feel more resorses should be made getting the smack of the streets.

Funny thing is all the bad parts of roadwars seem to come from Alchol?

Now I could go on about the medical benefits, but if you want to know more, google is your friend.

So after my waffel, I feel that cannabis laws need to be looked at in great detail, you will never stop it being on the streets.

but NO WAY should it be increase to a class B.
Old 03-04-2008, 23:42   #30
Give, give, give member

Ecstasy is supposedly good for the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, but hopefully there'll be no calls to make that a legal narcotic.

Ecstasy has dramatic effect on Parkinson's symptoms - 06 November 2002 - New Scientist

Personally I can't see that waving your hands in the air for hours on end, smiling manically, and telling everyone you love them, will be much of a relief, as I do that anyway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..