Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2015, 18:50   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
There is a lot of Cannabis out there, even in the 'skunk' form(they word that so loosely its absolutely pathetic) for want of a better term that is is not as nature intended . Humans experiment creating hybrid seeds, making oils and other things that can be done to make a lot of cannabis into a small amount to make it a hell of a lot stronger( though the worse cannabis ever is the solid form that isn't strong at all and the dangers of smoking it is what they put in it to make it solid IE PLASTIC, CRAP, BEESWAX, ETC) who knows there could be some truth to the psychotic mental illness stuff.

I knew. I just knew when I saw the Cannabis thread alive and well it would be you bringing up this news story. I saw it this morning.
I have a friend, who now (or believes) is rastafari. He also believes it is a conspiracy(BABYLON) amongst other things. Perhaps he smoked too much and now has Psychosis

There is some interesting information on the cancer research about cannabis.
Unhealthy additives to the "solid form", "super skunk" ,"high levels of THC" or "not as nature intended".... Aren't these just direct consequences of cannabis being illegal? Surely in a legal,regulated market the levels of THC could be controlled and therefore be less of a 'risk'.

It's just nonsense,propaganda or "conspiracy" if you like ,there is no real link (not really) between cannabis and psychosis.
I'm sorry,but it is fairly well known that many folk with mental health problems, who experiance psychosis actually self medicate with the use of cannabis.

I also know a number of plastic rasta's in Accrington,Maybe one of them is your friend

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2015, 18:53   #107
Senior Member+

I wonder what other drugs these people with psychosis have taken
Oh he lives in Blackburn now

Last edited by Restless; 16-02-2015 at 18:55.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 19:03   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wonder what other drugs these people with psychosis have taken
There is a good chance things like amphetamine,LSD and cocaine are on the list.

I know as a "drug user" that the strains/types I buy range from weak leafs and stems to high grade (f1) highbred buds,It would be too difficult to conduct a accurate analyse of cannabis users and mental health issues (psychosis) without it being conducted and in a controlled environment.

password--Accyweb
Old 16-02-2015, 19:06   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh he lives in Blackburn now
The only two plastic rasta's I know from Accy that live in Blackburn have the initials M E and C H

password--Accyweb
Old 16-02-2015, 19:20   #110
Senior Member+

Neither of those
Old 16-02-2015, 19:26   #111
Senior Member+

Those that I knew in the past that were drug users that suffered from psychosis were all amphetamine users
Old 16-02-2015, 20:15   #112
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Unhealthy additives to the "solid form", "super skunk" ,"high levels of THC" or "not as nature intended".... Aren't these just direct consequences of cannabis being illegal? Surely in a legal,regulated market the levels of THC could be controlled and therefore be less of a 'risk'.

It's just nonsense,propaganda or "conspiracy" if you like ,there is no real link (not really) between cannabis and psychosis.
I'm sorry,but it is fairly well known that many folk with mental health problems, who experiance psychosis actually self medicate with the use of cannabis.

I also know a number of plastic rasta's in Accrington,Maybe one of them is your friend
It has all been said before and it sounds suspiciously like justification to me...yes, I DO know I am a cynical old bat!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 20:25   #113
Beacon of light

Jason if you are happy using whatever kind of drugs you use, then that is fine.......but it is unwise to promote the use of such things to others.

Just because you have no problems...or at least none that you are willing to admit to, doesn't mean others who may use such things will be the same.

The medicinal use of cannabis is a different ball game altogether......and trials have been going on for different conditions for a long time.
It is good to know that cannabis may be added to the armoury of drugs that can be used to combat various cancers......the use of cannabinoids in such situations is closely monitored by medical professionals.
Eric and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 16-02-2015, 20:39   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If he aint got problems, i'm a dutchman.
Less likes this.
Old 16-02-2015, 21:45   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If he aint got problems, i'm a dutchman.
If you're a dutchman perhaps you can sort him some
Less, cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 16-02-2015, 21:59   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jason if you are happy using whatever kind of drugs you use, then that is fine.......but it is unwise to promote the use of such things to others.

Just because you have no problems...or at least none that you are willing to admit to, doesn't mean others who may use such things will be the same.

The medicinal use of cannabis is a different ball game altogether......and trials have been going on for different conditions for a long time.
It is good to know that cannabis may be added to the armoury of drugs that can be used to combat various cancers......the use of cannabinoids in such situations is closely monitored by medical professionals.
I'm sure you of all folk are aware It's nothing to do with being in 'the Nile' M.
Personally,I used cannabis for a number of years and have known quite a few folk of who have also used it,I'd hazard a guess (or assume) that a lot of these folk that are commenting (up and down the country) on this topic have little to no 'personal experience' whatsoever.
This latest report and the use of the crass keyword 'Skunk' is just fear ingesting propaganda and it's all part of the distract and confuse agenda

password--Accyweb
Old 16-02-2015, 22:19   #117
Beacon of light

While I have not used any recreational drugs myself, because of the work I was involved in for a quarter of a century...I came into contact with many people who did.
I also looked after patients who were on clinical trials of medical cannabinoids....the trials were lengthy and very involved.

Even if the risk of mental I'll health was less than 1% I would not be keen to take that risk.
Life is my drug of choice.
Old 16-02-2015, 22:25   #118
Beacon of light

And your reply still has the whiff of justification.
The report is not to distract or cause confusion, it is a study conducted by eminent psychiatrists at Kings College Hospital in order to inform of the risks.......So are you saying that you are more learned than them in this issue....that your drug use qualifies you to refute their findings?
Old 16-02-2015, 22:26   #119
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
This latest report and the use of the crass keyword 'Skunk' is just fear ingesting propaganda and it's all part of the distract and confuse agenda
Skunk is so named because of it's smell being likened to that of the animal. Dealers love the name because it gives it the "bad-ass" cachet.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 22:45   #120
Senior Member+

Reports can be skewed for purpose of choice.I'm prepared to accept the 'truth', and that is, cannabis is bad for 'some' but fact remains millions of folk use cannabis and a yes a tiny (very tiny) proportion might get some kind of negative mental reaction like psychosis.

Cannabis has lots of health benefits in addition to the above , Plus,as far as I kbow, no one has died from a cannabis overdose. It also has a lot of positive effects to the mind too (creativity, relaxation)......

....Also a increased sense of well being, an enhance humour

I may seem like I'm trying to justifie my drug use....I can assure you I am not.
Cannabis isn't bad for everyone,overall I believe Cannabis is very good for some regardless of what fearnongering the Kings college,MSN or the BBC have to say.

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..