Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2015, 21:51   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Skunk is so named because of it's smell being likened to that of the animal. Dealers love the name because it gives it the "bad-ass" cachet.
Im not sure when you last went to see a "dealer" but I've found they tend to use the specific strain ie white widow,haze,blueberry.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2015, 22:22   #122
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'd hazard a guess (or assume) that a lot of these folk that are commenting (up and down the country) on this topic have little to no 'personal experience' whatsoever.
This latest report and the use of the crass keyword 'Skunk' is just fear ingesting propaganda and it's all part of the distract and confuse agenda
Hazarding a guess isn't the same as having proof, plenty have tried it and said, no thank you not for me, plenty more have tried it and said, 'Why is this dick head always bringing the worst example, (i.e. himself)' into criticism and not keeping his gob shut?
I know several people that use weed etc. they, don't need to brag or bring it to the attention of others, they are happy man, just cool out I'll rant tomorrow.
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 00:14   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is good to know that cannabis may be added to the armoury of drugs that can be used to combat various cancers.
It's about time you guys caught up with the colonies
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 01:18   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
plenty more have tried it and said, 'Why is this dick head always bringing the worst example, (i.e. himself)' into criticism and not keeping his gob shut?
Do you have any proof or are you assuming? .. please refrain from using profanity as this is a child friendly forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I know several people that use weed etc. they, don't need to brag or bring it to the attention of others, they are happy man, just cool out I'll rant tomorrow.
I know several people that drink in the railway ...they feel the need to brag and bring it to the attention of others too.
I'm not sure if their happy though.... i know at least one of them that sulks that much Walt Disney would struggle making him look happy ....

.... i look forward to your "rant later" hopefully you've not been on the pop beforehand

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 17-02-2015 at 01:22.
Old 17-02-2015, 04:14   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's about time you guys caught up with the colonies
Usually when the USA breaks wind the UK gets a bowel movement so perhaps it won't be (too) long before we see it decriminalised over here

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2015, 06:12   #126
Beacon of light

Jason, I know that research can be flawed(I spent most of my working life in a profession that required practice to be research based)...but I have to say that I would put more faith in the research of the scientists at KCH than someone who is biased because they are a user of the stuff.
Who knows how your use of this substance has affected your thought processes.

You say that no-one has died as a result of overdosing on cannabis......that may be true, but many lives have been detrimentally affected by the use of this substance.......and lives have been lost as a possible side effect of the use of this drug.....through overdosing on stronger more powerful drugs which cannabis users have graduated to.

Decriminalising this drug may create many more problems than it solves, it will not wipe out the dealers, there will always be those who are ready to make money out of the people who wish to retreat from life by using illegal substances.

We have had this discussion so many times in the past. I have said these things before and I think it is time to lay this subject to rest.....so my input ends here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 06:39   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
J
Decriminalising this drug may create many more problems than it solves, it will not wipe out the dealers, there will always be those who are ready to make money out of the people who wish to retreat from life by using illegal substances.
Potentially its worse because those dealers that only sell cannabis will either quit dealing or move onto selling the next drug and I can't think of any other illegal drug that is 'safe' worse they will most likely move onto selling legal highs in higher quantities than you can buy for the same price in shops.

Quote:
Skunk is so named because of it's smell being likened to that of the animal.
Not sure about that. its what I was alluding to in my initial reply. "Skunk" can be applied to every gram of cannabis that is in bud form. But cannabis has countless variety and odd names.
Tell you though it does stink. When I was younger(and stupid-of course) I had a bag under my mattress the next day my whole room stank, and the entire hallway. I was crapping my pants at the time as I didn't want my parents to smell it.

Last edited by Restless; 17-02-2015 at 06:43.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 08:14   #128
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Not sure about that. its what I was alluding to in my initial reply. "Skunk" can be applied to every gram of cannabis that is in bud form. But cannabis has countless variety and odd names.
Tell you though it does stink. .
Skunk cannabis is a strain of the plant-based drug known as marijuana. The term 'skunk' refers to the strong smelling odour, similar to that of the animal skunk. According to Wiki.

In some countries, such as the UK, the term ‘skunk’ no longer necessarily refers to a specific strain but is a general term which refers to good quality marijuana of perhaps unknown genetic origin. Young people in several countries are increasingly calling their home-grown ganja ‘skunk’.

What is skunk? | Grow Info | Dutch Passion
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 08:46   #129
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Do you have any proof or are you assuming? ..
The proof is in every one of your posts.

Quote:
.. please refrain from using profanity as this is a child friendly forum

Dick head is not a profanity it is an accurate description.
Quote:

I know several people that drink in the railway ...they feel the need to brag and bring it to the attention of others too.
I'm not sure if their happy though....

Inaccurate as usual, you don't know people that drink in the Railway, you know of, people that drink in the Railway.
Hardly what could be called bragging.

Of course you're not sure if they are happy, you don't know them.

Quote:
i know at least one of them that sulks that much Walt Disney would struggle making him look happy ....
You don't know any of them so how can you know if a Jew hater such as Walt Disney would make them happy or unhappy?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 10:44   #130
Senior Member+

^^^ is this the best you've got? ^^^^

I was looking forward to ripping your "rant" to bits but instead you give me more of your erroneous BS....I'm very disappointed ...

...In the past, I've been warned about calling members names (however accurate I believe they were) I hope this rule also goes for established members,perhaps it's time I take a leaf out of your book and start reporting your "personal attacks"? Hmmmm

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2015, 10:46   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think it is time to lay this subject to rest.
Agreed

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2015, 12:50   #132
God Member

Quote:
Usually when the USA breaks wind the UK gets a bowel movement so perhaps it won't be (too) long before we see it decriminalised over here
I was referring to Canada and the legal availability of medical pot ... However, for those few interested, two of our major parties are committed to changing the laws governing weed: the Liberal Party of Canada is in favor of legalization; the New Democrats (Labor) are in favor of decriminalization; and the tories, of course, want the death penalty for simple possession. Most tories are also opposed to gay marriage, abortion, welfare, an investigation into the murders of aboriginal women, increased benefits for veterans, higher taxes for the wealthy, environmental controls etc. And they don't believe that human activity has any effect on the environment, and that "climate change" is something thought up by pinko, leftist, egg-head scientists. They also want looser gun laws and a return of the death penalty ... which, in a weird way, makes a little, but not much, sense.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 13:57   #133
God Member

theres a new strain of medicinal pot that gives you the medical relief but none of the pleasure of smoking it

cant wait until it hits the market the pot heads faking illness to get pot prescriptions will be gutted

Quote:
A legal 'electronic joint’ to help patients with conditions that are eased by cannabis will go on sale in France next month.

The firm behind the e-joint, called KanaVape, claims it will provide all the relaxing and pain-killing effects of marijuana, without the high.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 15:24   #134
I am Banned

Quote:
^^^ is this the best you've got? ^^^^

I was looking forward to ripping your "rant" to bits but instead you give me more of your erroneous BS....I'm very disappointed ...

I hope this rule also goes for established members,perhaps it's time I start reporting your "personal attacks"? Hmmmm

Oh the irony….. a thread on cannabis aka “grass” and you threatening to grass Less up.
Mind you, you already have form sunshine after grassing me up on the “Today in Pictures” thread.
Your mind farts get more febrile and desperate day by day.
Less and cashman like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 17:31   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh the irony….. a thread on cannabis aka “grass” and you threatening to grass Less up.
Mind you, you already have form sunshine after grassing me up on the “Today in Pictures” thread.
Your mind farts get more febrile and desperate day by day.
Bit hypocritical calling me a grass, don't you think?
You couldn't wait to PM me and tell me personal info about a certain member (whoops there I go again).....

....as for the forum rules,there is a simple solution...Don't break them

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..