Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2003, 10:36   #1

Post Capture of Saddam Hussein

So he has finally been arrested in his home village. There must be nobody who denies he must stand trial for his crimes. But it appears that the USA and UK had already discussed the subject and decided he should stand trial in Iraq, rather than the International Court in the Hague ( which incidently, the USA do not support). Can he receive a fair trial in Iraq and is it possiblr that the forces there can police a trial? They don't seem to be able to control what is going on in Iraq at the moment and is there still a judicial system working in the country?
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2003, 17:15   #2

Post Re: Capture of Saddam Hussein

The sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray....the sun has got his hat on and Saddam's been caught today. Not before time eh? What they will do with him is anyone’s guess, the people that he has terrorized during his dictatorship will be after his blood but the death sentence would be too easy an option I feel.
He will probably stand trial at the cost of a few million$$$ but what would be a suitable punishment for his crimes? I don't know.....Saddam will probably want to stand trial here in England.....he's probably planning his retirement at St Anne's on sea after a few months in H.M.P Kirkham....Ha...im only joking of course.
My thoughts tonight are with our brave service men and women out there "taking care of business" and of course the people of Iraq who have suffered so much for so long under this man's reign of terror.

B.

Old 15-12-2003, 08:16   #3

Hands up those who think it is the "real" Saddam.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 09:35   #4
Jo

I think it's the real him. Am I being naive?
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 09:56   #5

I think it is the real him too Jo  :-/
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 13:29   #6
Junior Member+

Nah! Its not Saddam. Its that guy off Highway to Heaven. Admittedly he's let himself go a bit but the poor guy hasn't worked for years.

Old 15-12-2003, 15:17   #7
Senior Member+

I'm sure the d.n.a. test will prove it's him.
Old 16-12-2003, 12:07   #8
God Member

Lets hope Saddam does'nt come before Blackburn Magistrates for his trial. He'd probably end up with a 50 quid fine & a 12 hours community service order.  
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003, 10:34   #9
adi

Hooraah - finally the evil tyrant has been captured.

Personally i feel that he should be put on trial in his homeland in front of the people whose lives he has made hell.

In response to Bluemaster i agree that the Death Penalty would be an easy way out but its the best option - certainly better than being holed up in a 'luxury' prison cell, on his own with regular meals & tv etc at the cost of thousands for the rest of his life.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003, 12:43   #10
Senior Member+

Good that they got him and hopefully he may leak infromation out as to where that other sod is bin whatever.H ewill stand trial as a figure head but it will all be a farce.Worse thing that could happen is that he gets teh Death Penalty and the other ididots that follow him will make a Martyr out of it.Nice slow painful lonely prison sentence in solitary would be good
Old 18-12-2003, 13:38   #11
God Member

I reckon they should stick Saddam in a cell with that german bloke who eats people....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003, 17:24   #12
Senior Member+

aye tealeaf but who wants old meat, and all that hair as well
Old 19-12-2003, 09:30   #13

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1071405408;start=0#10 date=12/18/03 at 15:38:47]I reckon they should stick Saddam in a cell with that german bloke who eats people....[/quote]

He'd probably loose his appetite when he saw old Sadman
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004, 08:47   #14
Junior Member+

Question Re: Capture of Saddam Hussein

Could It Be Fidel Castro [with A Bit Of Wieght On.?????]
Old 27-06-2004, 16:43   #15

Re: Capture of Saddam Hussein

I'm surprised they didn't have the trial yet... I mean, something so serious you'd think they'd have it ASAP...
tonygillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..