Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2014, 07:48   #46
Senior Member+

Car Crash

In this weeks observer, the driver has appeared in court charged with 2 counts of causing death by dangerous driving 3 counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He had no licence or insurance.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2014, 09:27   #47

Re: Car Crash

For those of who do not read the Observer, when and where did the incident occur?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 09:35   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
For those of who do not read the Observer, when and where did the incident occur?
Outside Asda, the incident this thread was started for.

UPDATE: Two men killed in Accrington smash (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Man charged in connection with Accrington double fatal crash (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 25-10-2014, 09:46   #49

Thanks.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 12:30   #50
Senior Member+

I was driving up towards the traffic lights where Dill Hall lane and Hyndburn road cross, the lights started to change to red when I was a hundred yards away and I thought I might just risk crossing but decided against it. The lights were on red when I stopped and the taxi following me changed into the nearside lane, passed me and swerved back into my lane and shot up Dill Hall.
Another incident with the same taxi company happened this week.
I was sat outside the old tax office on what I call Castle street waiting to go straight ahead and to Burnley road. An elderly lady was showing a young child how to operate the pedestrian crossing lights and they walked across on green for them.
They had to stop in the refuge in the middle of the road because those lights were on red for them.
We started away and the pedestrian lights for the lady and child turned green so they could continue across the other lane.
Just as they put their feet into the road the taxi along side me did a U turn at the lights and nearly ploughed into them. He blew his horn long and loud and shouted abuse at them.
The sign clearly says No U turns, and the pedestrian was in the right crossing when her light was green.

That is why I only ever use one taxi firm in Accrington and it is not that one.

Me a racist, I don't deny it. And while we are on that subject I've seen one of our Forum members twice in a month parked half on the footpath and half in the road right on the traffic lights bottom of Willows lane.
Old 25-10-2014, 12:45   #51
God Member

sory to correct you gremlin but its not illigal to do that on blackburn road or surrounding areas.The zigzags, yellow lines etc are purely for decrotive use only

the problem however has now spread to surrounding areas where road markings are now only decorative and you will find the same disregard for the rules and safety in all areas of hyndburn
Alan Varrechia likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 12:58   #52
Senior Member+

Thanks for the information, I must brush up on my highway code. I passed my driving test in 1957 and I admit to still trying to behave legally and in a safe manner on our public roads.
Old 25-10-2014, 13:05   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I was driving up towards the traffic lights where Dill Hall lane and Hyndburn road cross, the lights started to change to red when I was a hundred yards away and I thought I might just risk crossing but decided against it. The lights were on red when I stopped and the taxi following me changed into the nearside lane, passed me and swerved back into my lane and shot up Dill Hall...
That's happened to me a couple of times (not at that particular junction) when the occupants of the second car behind me were the police (not the band).

Twice in 25 or so years of driving isn't a lot, but it's extremely satisfying, and worth getting a dashcam for just in case it happens again.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 13:47   #54
Senior Member+

I`ve nearly been run over twice recently by cars coming down dunkenhalgh way doing a u-turn at dill hall lights to go back towards the motorway.
Old 25-10-2014, 16:18   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Me a racist, I don't deny it.
I admire your honesty G,but

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 16:24   #56
Senior Member+

Car Crash

Perhaps you Mis-read, or i didn't make it clear enough. I was the pedestrian, I was crossing when green man was lit so I was in the right. They did a u-turn from the other side when they shouldn't have done.
Old 25-10-2014, 16:33   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I admire your honesty G,but
You're making assumptions.
He didn't deny it but he didn't admit it either!
Less and Gremlin like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 16:38   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You're making assumptions.
He didn't deny it but he didn't admit it either!

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 16:46   #59
Senior Member+

Whoops my bad, thought you were referring to my post, an easy mistake when you use an initial instead of a name .
Old 25-10-2014, 18:13   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Which taxi firm and which member?
I see Central taxi's turn up the no entry buses only on Abbey Street (or is that bit Whalley Road) often. They also don't understand what the double yellow lines mean outside The Broadway or the no return within 1 hour outside their place.
To be fair ish to them I see lots of other people do it as well but as so called professional drivers they should no better.

There is a massive need for traffic enforcement in Hyndburn, the Police are letting us down.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..