Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2014, 19:28   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Car Crash

Taxi firm Max,
Member, just bought an empty pub.
At least the taxi drivers give us an excuse to break the law.
My friend picked her daughter up from Healeys/Lilly Mayes recently and did a uturn under the arch back to Hyndburn road.
The police were on the cinema car park and pulled her over.
She admitted she had done the upturn and told the police she saw the sign and knew she should not have done it.
When asked why, she told them she thought it was OK because every time she waits outside the restaurant at night the Asian taxi drivers do it all the time.
They told her to get off home.
Maybe we could use that excuse for any other traffic offences and see if the police start taking action.
I'm not going to be the first to try.
I'm a heterosexual, tax paying, white, English born, law abiding citizen, and a 76 year old Yorkshireman.
Old 25-10-2014, 20:07   #62
Senior Member+

The taxis from that firm treat the end of our drive like a taxi rank, when the school is coming out.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 20:18   #63
Senior Member+

It's not the taxis Frank. They are inanimate objects.

It's the mongrels behind the wheel that point them in the general direction they think they should go.
Old 25-10-2014, 20:19   #64
Senior Member+

Car Crash

Syd you naughty boy.
Gremlin likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 20:40   #65
Senior Member+

I might just amend my previous statement.
It was the members car, who had parked it I do not know.

The trouble with personal number plates is people know who's car it is, that's why I behave.
Old 25-10-2014, 20:43   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I'm a heterosexual, tax paying, white, English born, law abiding citizen, and a 76 year old Yorkshireman.
Don't feel bad, none of us can chose where we're born.
Studio25 and Gremlin like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 20:45   #67

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Which taxi firm and which member?
I see Central taxi's turn up the no entry buses only on Abbey Street (or is that bit Whalley Road) often. They also don't understand what the double yellow lines mean outside The Broadway or the no return within 1 hour outside their place.
To be fair ish to them I see lots of other people do it as well but as so called professional drivers they should no better.

There is a massive need for traffic enforcement in Hyndburn, the Police are letting us down.
Let me dissect this post like you usually do..

Have you evidence of Central Taxis doing this? Have you reported this to the police? Did you take their number and report tham to the licensing authority? Has there been any consequence to Central taxis or response to you?

What makes you assume that they dont understand double yellow lines/no return? Have you spoken to them? Do they have learning disabilities? Have you pointed this out to the relevant authorities?

On what basis do you claim that there is a 'massive need' for traffic enforcement and police letting us down'?

With regard to the professional driver comment, seem to recall in the dim and distant past arguing with you about selfish drivers jumping the queue on motorways by ignoring the lane closure ahead sign until the very last minute and forcing your way in which you thought was perfectly acceptable???
Old 25-10-2014, 21:01   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Don't feel bad, none of us can chose where we're born.
I don't feel bad about where I was born, only where I chose to live for the love of a good woman.
Old 25-10-2014, 21:08   #69
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Let me dissect this post like you usually do..

Have you evidence of Central Taxis doing this? Have you reported this to the police? Did you take their number and report tham to the licensing authority? Has there been any consequence to Central taxis or response to you?

What makes you assume that they dont understand double yellow lines/no return? Have you spoken to them? Do they have learning disabilities? Have you pointed this out to the relevant authorities?

On what basis do you claim that there is a 'massive need' for traffic enforcement and police letting us down'?

With regard to the professional driver comment, seem to recall in the dim and distant past arguing with you about selfish drivers jumping the queue on motorways by ignoring the lane closure ahead sign until the very last minute and forcing your way in which you thought was perfectly acceptable???
Sometimes all you need is the evidence of you own observations......and you can deduce the rest.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 23:22   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

There is a massive need for traffic enforcement in Hyndburn, the Police are letting us down.
the problem is some clown in government a few years ago decided to make the majority of traffic law the councils problem especially illigal parking taking the job away from the police.Basically now after 5pm theres virtually no one enforcing the law as the police no longer see it as their job. Its not that they cant issue tickets and fines its simply from what i have personally witnessed they are too damn lazy and unwilling to take over from the traffic wardens after 5pm with very few exceptions to that.

lancashire county council are just as bad they would rather protect the red light jumper than the child using a crossing as it is taught to keep it safe and using the green man to cross.

i hate to sound calous but without knowing teh figures required it seems enough people havnt died yet to warrant lancashire county councils attention

withthat tradgedy at asda Lancashire county council will focus on that the driver had no licence rather than look at the problem of red light jumping which is becoming a problem to the point there may as well be no lights at all

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 08:01   #71
Senior Member+

This thread started out about the car crash outside ASDA.
Just spare a thought for a moment for the people who had to deal with the aftermath.
I know quite well the gentleman who had to remove the bodies and although I would never ask him about it I know he was affected and had a few restless nights.
The ambulance men, firemen and policemen didn't have a pleasant job either, all through one illiterate clown who had no respect for the law.
Also give a thought for those absolute low life scum who had to be stopped from trying to take photographs of the bodies on their phones. Then again those sort aren't worth scraping off the sole of your shoes.
Old 26-10-2014, 09:27   #72
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
This thread started out about the car crash outside ASDA.
Just spare a thought for a moment for the people who had to deal with the aftermath.
I know quite well the gentleman who had to remove the bodies and although I would never ask him about it I know he was affected and had a few restless nights.
The ambulance men, firemen and policemen didn't have a pleasant job either, all through one illiterate clown who had no respect for the law.
Also give a thought for those absolute low life scum who had to be stopped from trying to take photographs of the bodies on their phones. Then again those sort aren't worth scraping off the sole of your shoes.
Do you know how the accident was caused? I haven't seen and real explanation as to what happened in the news yet.
Old 26-10-2014, 09:45   #73
Senior Member+

Only what I read on here Neil, probably exaggerated anyway.
I don't read the local papers not seen any reports or photos.
It was just the carnage and aftermath my friend had to deal with.
Old 26-10-2014, 09:52   #74
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What the paper has to say:-

UPDATE: Two men killed in Accrington smash (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 26-10-2014, 10:27   #75
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Thanks, I think I have seen that before and being annoyed with the Councillor on about traffic calming measures!
Barrie Yates likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..