Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 20:38   #91
Full Member+

Re: Car Crash

Here here. I don't understand why any sentence is not fully served. 10 years should mean 10years, 5 years should be 5years. I would not let someone who has killed somebody with dangerous driving, especially if they were not insured, ever have a licence again. They should be banned for life end of.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2015, 20:44   #92
Senior Member+

Agree also, on both, a sentence of 10 years should be 10 years with good behaviour extended if they cause trouble inside and driving ban should start when they come out.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 14:53   #93
God Member

is there a breakdown of why the judge gave what he did and for what he got the 10 years for because 10 years seems very leniant not only for killing two people but the other passengers who are still recovering or may never fully recover from his actions

seems to me hes got 10 years for killing two people but if you live its not such a crime

not only has this clown killed two people but theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims and i doubt this moron will be paying apenny of it himself so he should serve time to pay back that as well

so when all things are considered 10 years is disgustingly leniant for taking two lives and a damn sight worse when all things are considered

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 15:34   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
is there a breakdown of why the judge gave what he did and for what he got the 10 years for because 10 years seems very leniant not only for killing two people but the other passengers who are still recovering or may never fully recover from his actions

seems to me hes got 10 years for killing two people but if you live its not such a crime

not only has this clown killed two people but theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims and i doubt this moron will be paying apenny of it himself so he should serve time to pay back that as well

so when all things are considered 10 years is disgustingly leniant for taking two lives and a damn sight worse when all things are considered
From the link I posted the other day -
"He was sentenced to 10 and a half years for both charges of causing death by dangerous driving, as well as three-and-a-half years concurrent for causing serious injury, 18 months concurrent for two counts of causing death by dangerous driving while uninsured and three months concurrent for failure to stop at the scene of an accident."

I don`t see the point of concurrent sentences.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 16:59   #95

Exactly, nearly 16 yrs, condensed down by nearly a third, of which he will serve half at most!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:43   #96

Quote:
...theres going to be alot of compensation paid out to these victims...
What makes you think that?

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Common sense i imagine.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:08   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
criminal injuries board or the motor insurance bureau i think the insurace cover is called for when you are hit by an uninsured driver which gets funds from all insurance companies to help them that are victims of uninsured drivers

i was hit by a hit and run driver and although they didnt pay for teh damage to my car they did compensate the kids and myself for injuries

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 11-03-2015, 13:47   #99

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
criminal injuries board or the motor insurance bureau i think the insurace cover is called for when you are hit by an uninsured driver which gets funds from all insurance companies to help them that are victims of uninsured drivers
Just been looking into this a bit further - it would be his own insurers if he'd been insured, but it's the MIB that will pay out to the families - because he wasn't. So instead of an individual company's customers having to foot the bill, it resides with all insured drivers.

My query from your post wasn't clear - my apologies. It was the "a lot" part I was wondering about.

You'd be surprised how little value is put on a life by the insurance companies.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:29   #100
God Member

i couldnt say the amount it varies

i know for example that a single male in his 20s with no children killed by a drunk driver will only get funeral expenses and his parents or sister/brotehr get nothing as i know of an instance where this happened

regardless of who pays it money will be paid and this moron will not have to pay a penny most likely.I would like to see extra years added on when the final payments are made to his victims if he can not pay the amount himself out of his own pocket or from sale of his property if he has any

courts are still way too soft on uninsured drivers and unlicenced drivers.As far as im concerned if you get behind the wheel of a car without a licence you are intending on killing someone as you have not got the required training to operate a very dangerous bit of gear.I think not having a licence is just as bad as driving a car drunk

Old 11-03-2015, 17:07   #101
Full Member+

Pretty much gets of scot-free
shame on the judge
I always wonder what the sentence would be.......
If it was their families!!!!
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 21:09   #102

Its time to make this junction a roundabout.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 22:16   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack preston View Post
Its time to make this junction a roundabout.
why?

red light means stop and if people obey the law people wont get hurt

the system in place is fine as it is

what is needed is for teh authorities to make damn sure word gets around that if you jump red lights your life will become very difficult by handing out very severe punishments for people who cause accidents by jumping red lights and putting up red light jumper cameras so that those who do it get fined and points put onto their licence so they dont get used to getting away with it..

unfortunatly lancashire county council would much rather install average speed cameras on a motorway in an area that has no need for them than protect pedestrians from these killers
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:21   #104
Beacon of light

And the ban will no doubt be flouted by him.....he is not going to take much notice of such a ban when he was driving uninsured and already disqualified from driving when the offence was committed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..