Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 11:28   #1

Car Parking in Blackburn

Just returned from Christmas shopping...went to park as usual at the Blackburn Railway Car Park which had one line of cars parked...was met by a very irrate man in his car... window wound down and he told me that he had just received a £55 penalty notice for unofficial car parking whilst he went to the town centre...he was actually approaching his car to see the official (thats not what he called him!) sticking the penalty notice on his windscreen...I got out of there pronto and parked at Asda...be warned this official (on a bonus per car penalised I think) will be about all the time leading up to Christmas...dont get caught out like I nearly did...
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37   #2
God Member

Re: Car Parking in Blackburn

i suppose if you park where your supposed to and not where your not supposed to you wont get a ticket ?

if you are allowed to park where he did then he should object to it and get it cancelled

mind you if hes that bloody keen he should get his backside down blackburn road he will be able to retire after a week lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43   #3

I think that the charge has recently been introduced catching out quite a few people who have parked there before free of charge and did not notice the new warning signs
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46   #4
Resting in Peace

Can't understand why drivers don't use the ones in the centre. The Mall car park is very good now, especially the new bit with much wider spaces. Charges are not over the top, and probably a minute outlay of what you would spend in the shops:

Tariffs

Monday - Saturday
  • Up to 1 hours £1.00
  • Up to 2 hours £1.50
  • Up to 4 hours £2.50
  • Up to 6 hours £5.00
  • Over 6 hours £8.00
Sundays and Bank Holidays will be charged at £1.00 up to 12 hours parking.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:53   #5
Senior Member+

Why would you park at Blackburn Railway Station if you were going Christmas shopping in Blackburn?

Isn't it for rail users?

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09   #6

Because its there and usually empty which is why a lot of people have parked there in the past...my reason for coming on here was to try to avoid other people getting caught out and penalised £55 especially at this time of the year

Last edited by Grange; 05-12-2012 at 12:11.
Old 05-12-2012, 15:36   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange View Post
..I got out of there pronto and parked at Asda...be warned this official (on a bonus per car penalised I think) will be about all the time leading up to Christmas...dont get caught out like I nearly did...
Is the Asda car park not for people shopping at Asda?
Where were you shopping if you parked there?
Old 05-12-2012, 15:48   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Why would you park at Blackburn Railway Station if you were going Christmas shopping in Blackburn?

Isn't it for rail users?

yes it IS for rail users, people park there just to avoid paying parking, there are signs up everywhere stating this so whoever parks there without using the railway deserves to be fined imho
odders likes this.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:38   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
whoever parks there without using the railway deserves to be fined imho
..and whoever parks in Asda without using Asda also deserves a ticket.

My sympathy is with the traffic warden who probably got a mouthful of abuse from the man Grange saw, when in fact he was only doing his job.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 17:57   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
My sympathy is with the traffic warden who probably got a mouthful of abuse from the man Grange saw, when in fact he was only doing his job.
Come on Gynn, you know as well as I do there's doing your job & doing a job, some of them bring it on themselves the abuse they get, while others are halfway decent & give you a friendly word of advice as opposed to slapping on a ticket at the slightest hint of infringement.
cashman likes this.
Old 05-12-2012, 18:30   #11
God Member

im sure once you explain or claim you are from blackburn road and that you are not aquainted with UK traffic regulations the matter will be cleared up with a mere caution

i can see why people get upset when tickets are issued for minor infingments in one area and blatantly ignored in others without penalty

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 05-12-2012, 19:25   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grange View Post
I think that the charge has recently been introduced catching out quite a few people who have parked there before free of charge and did not notice the new warning signs
In that case, he should have gone to Specsavers. Far cheaper.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 21:38   #13
God Member

last year or early this year HBC changed a rule with very little advertisement.Where a pavement dips for wheelcair access but not on the other side of the road making the whole process pointless cars were allowed to park accross of on the opposite side if there wasnt a facing lowered pavement.HBC changed tehir opinion on this and started handing out tickets to those who had previously legaly parked there.No new sign or anything but when asked the response from the traffic warden was " i think they put it on their website somewhere in the traffic bit or somthing"

my pal paid up before it got to the full amount but personally i woulda argued it as i dont feel some obscure mention in an obscure website of an obscure council is sufficient notification.Hell HBC cant even run a forum propperly despite throwing vast amounts of money at it

they could however mention important regulation changers on here for example but unless theres a build up to an election folk from HBC dont see much use for here .Some partys more than others i might add

COUGH labour COUGH

Old 05-12-2012, 21:48   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
last year or early this year HBC changed a rule with very little advertisement.Where a pavement dips for wheelcair access but not on the other side of the road making the whole process pointless cars were allowed to park accross of on the opposite side if there wasnt a facing lowered pavement.HBC changed tehir opinion on this and started handing out tickets to those who had previously legaly parked there.No new sign or anything but when asked the response from the traffic warden was " i think they put it on their website somewhere in the traffic bit or somthing"

my pal paid up before it got to the full amount but personally i woulda argued it as i dont feel some obscure mention in an obscure website of an obscure council is sufficient notification.Hell HBC cant even run a forum propperly despite throwing vast amounts of money at it

they could however mention important regulation changers on here for example but unless theres a build up to an election folk from HBC dont see much use for here .Some partys more than others i might add

COUGH labour COUGH
Can someone please translate into English?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 22:42   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Can someone please translate into English?
go to spec savers

basically HBC changed a rule but did very little to inform the public so people got parking tickets as they were unaware of the change.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..