Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 20:25   #16

Re: Car Travel Of MP!!!

Also, Darwen and Rossendale covers a very large area. I don't think it would be very easy to travel from Darwen to Bacup by public transport (and if you did it would take a very long time).
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2007, 20:27   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Even better question, why don't Janet Anderson and Jack Straw car share?
They could reduce their expenses and carbon footprint at the same time.
Old 07-11-2007, 20:30   #18
God Member

Actually, good point, put Greg in there too and we're saving a fortune. Plus, if they get themselves on some of the same committees they could have meetings while they're traveling.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 20:34   #19
God Member

even better still why dont they all just get on a coach, the whole lot of them and conduct them that way
Old 07-11-2007, 20:39   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Someting else that bugs me is when you see a debate in the house and there are 3 MP's there. What's all that about? They should have to attend 90% or more of the time or get fined.
They are not in the real world.
I wonder how long my job would last if I thought, sod it I wont bother going today and left the place with only a couple of engineers to keep the place running?
Old 07-11-2007, 20:44   #21
God Member

I think they work very hard and I think you'd be just as frustrated if they were down in Parliament all the time and not on hand to deal with issues in their constituency.

Just because they're not sat in the House doesn't mean that they're not working. In fact, they're probably working harder by being out of the House than by sitting and passing some law on whether it's permissable to fart on a Tuesday if you're within earshot of the Queen's corgis.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 20:58   #22
God Member

I love watching BBC parliament, and I think it'd be silly to have every MP down there at once. Not everything even concerns them, so they could be out and about doing something else, and they usually are!

I dont get to watch bbc parliament anyore though, I live with 3 boys so all we watch is rugby and scrubs, so i just sit in my room now instead
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 21:25   #23
God Member

Did anybody read the thread from the beggining? The question I was asking "Why Not Use Public Transport?" I wish that I'd kept the figures now but Jack Straws were zero(for car mileage which is what the original thread was about), I know they have to travel but why not be friendly to the enviroment at the same time? After all they preach to everybody else about it!!
Old 07-11-2007, 21:34   #24
God Member

Can you imagine how unsafe they probably would feel on public transport? I mean, MP's aren't always best liked are they? And car sharing is only ideal if your going to the same place at the same time, and its A to B then B to A journey, otherwise it wouldnt work for them. I'm sure that they try to do things for the environment in other ways, so its not entirely fair that we pick at them for using their cars.
Old 07-11-2007, 21:35   #25
God Member

[quote=BERNADETTE;490571]but Jack Straws were zero(for car mileage which is what the original thread was about), quote]

Isn't that because he his provided with a chauffered car and can't claim expenses for it ?
Old 07-11-2007, 21:41   #26
God Member

[quote=lancsdave;490576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
but Jack Straws were zero(for car mileage which is what the original thread was about), quote]

Isn't that because he his provided with a chauffered car and can't claim expenses for it ?
Thats because he's definatly too hated to go on the bus I hate Jack Straw lol. They should make him ride a bike to work
Old 07-11-2007, 21:43   #27
God Member

[quote=lancsdave;490576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
but Jack Straws were zero(for car mileage which is what the original thread was about), quote]

I don't think so but can't swear to it, he had rail travel and flights (as did the other MP's whos figures were there) it is just that the differences in car the others car mileage and hers were massive.
Old 07-11-2007, 22:17   #28
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I think they work very hard and I think you'd be just as frustrated if they were down in Parliament all the time and not on hand to deal with issues in their constituency.

Just because they're not sat in the House doesn't mean that they're not working. In fact, they're probably working harder by being out of the House than by sitting and passing some law on whether it's permissable to fart on a Tuesday if you're within earshot of the Queen's corgis.
If you watch parliament on a regular bais, unless it is a 3 line whip, you can count the mebers on attending on your hands One mp is always there ' The beast of Bolsover' He represnts his constituents, as the othrs are supposed to do. If he can do it they can! Don't try to bull**** the troops Gayle.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 22:24   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Better than having pimps and poofters on the Pacific shore.
Did you dock in San Fransico then?

Didn't you manage to pull a whore or a poofter?

Explains a lot.

Still I bet you were invaluable as a cabin boy back on the ship.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21   #30

If MP's used public transport.....it would cost a fortune for taxis to and from the relevant train/bus stations because there is no way they would or could walk any distance (they need their strength for the debating,or eating or drinking)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..