Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 10:56   #31
God Member

Re: cat assassin in clayton area

Are the police not investigating the bloke who is shooting the cats accyman?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:57   #32

ok, let me clear this up once and for all.
The gun i have fires not lead, it fires little plastic bb's...not metal.
I do NOT go out hunting cats, i just scare the buggers when they come into the garden.
I have targets scattered around the garden and when i shoot AT them, i purposely miss so that the TARGET makes a loud sound which the cat DOES not like...infact they run a mile.
And nooooo, im not posting to incite anything, im just discussing methods i use to rid my garden from vermin and cats.

I thank you.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:57   #33

Accyman, you are entitled to you opinion about cats, but I'm sure that you, as a sensible person, would use normal, safe deterants in your garden that you can get from supermarkets and garden centres. Not shoot at them with any type of gun.
Regarding young lads/girls who cause trouble with motorbikes or mopeds, just take photos, take numbers of bikes and contact the police.
And DANNY... why do you have binbags? dont you have a bin? Put your rubbins in a bin, your encouraging mice and rats into your garden if you dont dispose of your rubbish properly.
Bonny x
bonny_tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:01   #34
God Member

Having a BB gun in the house and letting your kids see you use it is foolhardy.
If you insist on keeping it, lock it away where they can't find it

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-08-2008 at 11:06.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:06   #35

ok, 1) my bin got stolen AGES ago and our "excellent" council have yet to provide us with another. So its either they're outside...or in the house stinking.

And margaret...i do not like your patronising tone. I dont have the bb gun anywhere near where the children can reach it, im not stupid. Its way hiiiigh up in a cupboard which is even out of reach from my gf who is 5ft 7. And, failing that there is a saftey catch...AND...it isnt loaded when not in use.

So please dont think im one of these irresponsible lunatics that dont have any common sense whatsoever.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:07   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_tuesday View Post
Accyman, you are entitled to you opinion about cats, but I'm sure that you, as a sensible person, would use normal, safe deterants in your garden that you can get from supermarkets and garden centres. Not shoot at them with any type of gun.
Regarding young lads/girls who cause trouble with motorbikes or mopeds, just take photos, take numbers of bikes and contact the police.
And DANNY... why do you have binbags? dont you have a bin? Put your rubbins in a bin, your encouraging mice and rats into your garden if you dont dispose of your rubbish properly.
Bonny x

the police dont do FECK all when it comes to these wasters

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 06-08-2008, 11:10   #37
Resting in Peace

If you have a problem with cats, why not just use an empty washing up liquid bottle, fill it with water and squirt the cats when they come into your garden, cats hate water and it won't take them long to learn to give your garden a wide birth, but using a BB gun can get you into trouble, if it hasn't already done so, these sites are moniered
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11   #38

I wonder why the council hasn't delivered a new bin to you Danny ?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:13   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post

So please dont think im one of these irresponsible lunatics that dont have any common sense whatsoever.
Wonder how I got that impression?
....seems I am not the only one who has it.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:14   #40

Ive tried the bottle of water thing, as ive tried anything. A loud bang from a ball hiting cardboard seems to be working.
And as for my bin...i dont know. Just goes to show how crap hyndburn council are.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 06-08-2008, 11:18   #41
God Member

JAY thats just plain nasty, squirting cats with water, giving them pneumonia then they die, at least Danny isnt harming the cats, he isnt actually shooting AT them

now jay, go stand in the corner and say a few hail marys, then go to confession and tell them that you kill cats with water
Old 06-08-2008, 11:21   #42
God Member

A screeching personal attack alarm works and isn't illegal

Old 06-08-2008, 11:22   #43

Anyway, to get the thread back to where it started. I hope they find the person who is killing cats in the clayton area.
Thanks for posting it accyman.
Bonny x
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22   #44

lol

Anyway, im gonna shut up about the whole subject because it seems i aint gonna get any good karma points if i behave in such a manner.
In closing, i have a better solution which will please everybody..even the cats.

LET THEM, poo in my garden. thats fine. But i know who's cat belongs to who on my street so instead of punishing the cat, i will do so to the owner.
How, you ask??? Well, thats simple.
I simply scoop the mess from my garden...march down the street...and simply tip it into the owners garden ( even if they have a patio ). And if this carrys on and they continue to use my garden, the poo will go through their letter box.

NOW STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT HIPPIES!!!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 06-08-2008, 11:24   #45
Senior Member+

post up your address and i will have found a new place to empty my cat litter tray

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..