Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 18:25   #91
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: cat assassin in clayton area

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
each to their own i say, if someone doesnt like cats then thats their point of view, what happened to freedom of speach? do we all have to love cats because accyweb says so? i think not

There is a big difference between "not liking" and wishing dead. I don't much like cat haters but I wouldn't kill one.
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2008, 18:47   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
No. That is a pathetic reply. Please keep your filthy beasts indoors or otherwise expect the worse for them as they deposit their stinking urine and their foul faeces on other people's gardens and doorsteps.
According to some of the posts on AccyWeb there is no shortage of humans who will take a whizz or a dump on people's property and do the technicolor yawn all over the flowers.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 21:05   #93

Think a post like this has really shown some 'people' up for what theyre really like. And they call cats and rats vermin....

I dislike a number of things/people. Doesnt mean I go about shooting 'em.

I'm sure the person that asked for the post to be made will love the sympathy and compassion shown as well. Congratulations, sure you just made someones bad day a hell of a lot worse. Lets hope their kids (or any others for that matter) don't read this 'family forum' posting eh?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 21:39   #94
God Member

Well said onlyme, I have read some of the posts on this thread with what only be described as astonishment. I am not a cat person but if I was having problems with them using my garden as a loo I would use the more humane methods of deterring.
Old 06-08-2008, 21:48   #95

Mothballs seems to sort them out. I got a small box off Accy market, guessing it lasted bout 2 years.

What ya do is load them into yer gun and….....I’m kiddin

They work on the cats round here, dont like the stink I suppose.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06   #96

Load them in your gun...yes? What next?

hee hee, kidding. I guess you just throw them at them.
beats throwing bricks i guess lol

Kidding again

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 14:23   #97

This is so worrying and cant help wonder if this has something to do with my cat going missing. It is a very strange coincidence - she went missing a month ago and was so loyal - she stayed with us all the time andnever wandering far. I’m really botherd that something like this could have happened to her.
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 14:48   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamperqueen View Post
This is so worrying and cant help wonder if this has something to do with my cat going missing. It is a very strange coincidence - she went missing a month ago and was so loyal - she stayed with us all the time andnever wandering far. I’m really botherd that something like this could have happened to her.
I know that this may sound a gruesome thing to have to do.
If you have a regular street sweeper (brush and trolley man) in your area, you can ask him if he has found one in the last month.
I have seen a dead cat in the gutter collected this way.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 14:51   #99
Senior Member+

I found one at the bottom of Belfield couple of months ago, if you ring the council refuse dept they may keep a record of calls.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29   #100
Loz

I'm no cat lover but would never wish harm on them or any other living creature.
I'm all for freedom of speech but can't believe some of the deplorable comments i've read on here.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09   #101
Resting in Peace

Just heard that Black cats are being stolen in the cities across Italy ... the authorities believe they are being stolen by Satanists !!!

Still haven't seen my regular feline visitors yet .. the ginger one in the picture in the Observer did look a little like one of them, but Collingwood/Brantwood may be a little far for them to travel regularly... there again, not sure how far some cats will go on a regular basis ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..