Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2005, 15:23   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Celebrity Love Island

Did you enjoy your 'sad ego trip', Jason?!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2005, 15:28   #17

Reality tv does nothing for me either. Unfortunately my other half quite likes to ogle the females on celebrity love island. So it is on in our house the plus side is I get to use the computer!!!
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 16:46   #18
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
just a load of rubbish all this reality t/v what a waste of money, i too prefare a good book janet.
Of course, there's nothing particularly "realistic" about reality TV. It's cheaply contrived nonsesne.

Heck, I prefer a **mediocre** book to reality TV twaddle.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2005, 16:57   #19
Senior Member+

Quite right Billcat;I'd settle for a copy of Viz over reality tv anyday!It worries me that tv producers have no original ideas anymore;all we get is this 4th rate trash ;hang on I've just had a brilliant idea....loads of z list celebs on an island,Jordan,Peter,Paris,Fran etc etc BUT no food on the Island and it's surrounded by sharks!!! See who gets eaten first! Better stick Vanessa on there too for a bit of nourishment.
Old 18-05-2005, 17:28   #20
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
hang on I've just had a brilliant idea....loads of z list celebs on an island,Jordan,Peter,Paris,Fran etc etc BUT no food on the Island and it's surrounded by sharks!!! See who gets eaten first! Better stick Vanessa on there too for a bit of nourishment.
Knowing how that crowd behaves, they'd eat the poor fellow running the camera. Then again, I think the sharks would be more in danger from the celebs than vice versa.

Grill me a mako steak!

Old 18-05-2005, 17:39   #21

Smile Re: Celebrity Love Island

Proper crap tv.......
Old 18-05-2005, 17:41   #22
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
crap tv.......
A redundancy if there ever was one!

Old 19-05-2005, 17:56   #23
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

If Jason wants us reality tv haters to back up our statements then here's my backup.

I watched some of the 1st and 2nd series of BB. I found it to be mind numblingly boring.

I watched the first series of survivor and although marginally more entertaining than BB it was still crap.

I watched the celebrity survivor, even less entertaining than the unheard of people one but probably cost a lot more in salaries for the same drivel.

I watched one episode of wife swap and felt that it was totally staged, not a bit real and tv for certified morons.

I watched some of how clean is your house because I knew someone who was on it, and she was told not to clean her house for 6 months before the show. How real is that?

I think that I am more than qualified to give my opinion on reality tv, so I shan't be wasting my time watching celebrity love island which is now rumoured to be having the plug pulled early due to losing 2 million viewers since it started. Not a good advert for a tv show in my book.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2005, 21:20   #24
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
If Jason wants us reality tv haters to back up our statements then here's my backup.
Why should you have to provide backup. There's too little time and more than enough in the way of great books, music, theatre, trips to the pub with friends, etc., etc. If some form of alleged "entertainment" comes along, where you find the basic concept to be unappealing, you have every right to summarily dismiss it. I've had the opportunity to watch both "The Weakest Link" and "Dog Eat Dog" here in the USA. While we have had many outstanding imports of UK TV shows, "Link" was weak and "Dog" was a mutt. You'd have to pay me at a pretty good rate before I'd tune them in again. Just to be fair, the UK hardly has a monopoly on twaddle and tripe, as there are many American TV shows that I also find completely unappealing.

Old 19-05-2005, 21:40   #25

i know most of you have only watched half hour of this drabble but has anyone noticed rebecca loos moustach shes got a cracker of one there its one to match ian rush famous tash if she dont shave soon.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2005, 15:03   #26

For a real Reality T.V. programme why not bring back public executions or floggings. That would bring back the reality to television. We could use some of these useless actors that appear on the reality shows and be rid of them before the next season starts
acertun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv entertainment

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..