Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 20:53   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Ched Evans

Eric, he may be what you call a'second rate' footballer.....but he had aspirations to play for Wales......and he had followers.
I agree with much of your post.
I did not see the girl in question as a slut, but just a silly girl who drank too much and did not see the dangers in her actions.
He engineered his own downfall by his actions, and prison didn't hurt him.......the denial of him being able to return to football is his true payment for his crime.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2015, 21:37   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eric, he may be what you call a'second rate' footballer.....but he had aspirations to play for Wales......and he had followers.
I agree with much of your post.
I did not see the girl in question as a slut, but just a silly girl who drank too much and did not see the dangers in her actions.
He engineered his own downfall by his actions, and prison didn't hurt him.......the denial of him being able to return to football is his true payment for his crime.
Couple of points to mull over.
The poor girl has had to change her identity 5 times to avoid Internet trolls and their threats fuelled by a website paid for by Evan's supporters.
Sex offenders are not deemed fit and proper people to own or be directors under the Leagues criteria. So how Gordon Taylor can argue he should play again is beyond me.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24   #18
Beacon of light

Eric, this second rate footballer scored 48 goals in 113 appearances, and has played as an international footballer for Wales 13 times.......and he does have a following as DtheP47 has pointed out....so much so, that they have helped fund a Google Page Ranking Website(though I think that much of the funding for that has come from his girlfriends parents, who are bow legged with brass.Though goodness alone knows why they would do something like that when he at best, cheated on their daughter, and at worst raped a girl) to support the guy.

I am not against him being gainfully employed.....but not as a footballer.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:46   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:

I am not against him being gainfully employed.....but not as a footballer.
Perhaps as part of the sentence for all criminals there should be a list of all jobs that they are not allowed to take after they have completed their sentence.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:51   #20
Beacon of light

I don't think there would be an issue if he was not in the public eye.
But maybe he should have used his time in prison to develop some new skills.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:13   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Read post 352 in Stanley section on Impossible Headlines thread, This is something i was completely unaware of, and if correct, puts a different light on this issue to me.
Old 06-01-2015, 13:11   #22
I am Banned

One thing stands out irrefutably through all the allegations, counter allegations, rumour mill, et al.

The three males involved at no time prioritised this girls safety, they sought to take advantage of her.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 13:21   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
One thing stands out irrefutably through all the allegations, counter allegations, rumour mill, et al.

The three males involved at no time prioritised this girls safety, they sought to take advantage of her.
That is without any doubt to me D, I was more interested in what independant folk in this said.
Old 06-01-2015, 13:24   #24
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Read post 352 in Stanley section on Impossible Headlines thread, This is something i was completely unaware of, and if correct, puts a different light on this issue to me.
While this section of the forum is not one which I frequent....I did go and check out that post.
I am sceptical of this evidence. Had it been true, surely the defence barristers would have made much of it.
The fact is, he was found guilty of a serious offence and has to accept that it would affect his playing career.
If, on appeal, the conviction is quashed then it would be a different matter.
I think his name is always going to be followed by the tag 'rapist'....and which football club wants to risk their sponsors support by letting him play?
Old 06-01-2015, 13:40   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I too am sceptical, in fact i posted later on yon, I fail to understand why the Press also aint jumped on this, it would "Sell" papers if so. I also bear in mind the fact innocent people have been hung, that were found guilty.
Old 06-01-2015, 13:46   #26
Beacon of light

Perhaps it was inadmissible as it could not be proved that these postings were made by the claimant.
It is not unknown for sad people to post such stuff claiming to be someone else.
Old 06-01-2015, 13:46   #27
God Member

Quote:
The fact is, he was found guilty of a serious offence....and which football club wants to risk their sponsors support by letting him play?
Being "found guilty" doesn't always mean that someone is guilty:

"I Didn?t Know What the Sky Looked Like Anymore": Ricky Jackson Exonerated After 39 Years in Jail | Democracy Now!

And, I have to admit that I'm surprised any club would even give him the time of day. Football is more a business than a sport, and clubs are supposed to be run by businessmen. So, why would any owner contemplate what would be a disastrous business move.

And if he is exonerated, his life and career are still ruined ... and it will be a step backwards for all those women who are real victims of those men who don't understand the difference between "consent" and "'No' means 'buy her another beer''.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 13:54   #28
Beacon of light

I appreciate that Eric......but that is the legal system.......and we have to accept that he was judged by his peers to be guilty.
I think he has done his case no good by trying to blacken the claimants name.
He could have said nothing about her.....but methinks he doth protest too much.......and he has his rich girlfriends family behind him to argue/support his case.

Yes, he has ruined his life and his career by thinking with what was in his trousers......and maybe a lot of men do that and get away with it.
I cannot see why the claimant would go through the proceedings knowing that her personal life would be under minute scrutiny, unless she truly did not consent.

If someone is too drunk to consent then the sexual act is rape....because the woman cannot give consent.
No means NO........and yes, you are right. If it proves that the girl lied then it means that women who are subjected to such attacks have their cases seen through very cynical eyes.
No amount of money would compensate me for being violated.
Old 06-01-2015, 15:01   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As I said in the opening post, if his appeal is successful, it puts a whole different complexion on the matter. And the complainant may have some serious questions to answer.

Until then, he's guilty in the eyes of the law and should keep his head down.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 15:25   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
As I said in the opening post, if his appeal is successful, it puts a whole different complexion on the matter. And the complainant may have some serious questions to answer.

Until then, he's guilty in the eyes of the law and should keep his head down.
As i said "If Correct" yer last line i agree 100%.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..