Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 09:01   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

chief brody dies

The actor Roy Scheider, best known for his role as Chief Martin Brody in Jaws, has died at the age of 75. He had been treated for multiple myeloma, a cancer of the blood cells, for the past two years.

I didnt know he was that old....well then again it has been over 30 yrs since jaws
Old 11-02-2008, 09:24   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: chief brody dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
The actor Roy Scheider, best known for his role as Chief Martin Brody in Jaws, has died at the age of 75. He had been treated for multiple myeloma, a cancer of the blood cells, for the past two years.

I didnt know he was that old....well then again it has been over 30 yrs since jaws
That surprised me too panther, just shows how time flies wen your enjoying yourself
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:59   #3
God Member

Two years is quick for multiple myeloma. My father died from it - was long slow painful way to go.

I researched it when he was diagnosed and found that one of major causes was exposure to atomic radiation.

That made sense to me because at the time of the Windscale fire in the 50s he was spending large amounts of time on the sands of Morecambe Bay - they had a caravan at Cragbank shore near Carnforth.

Even 20 years after the event they found radiation hotspots in the Wyre estuary.

Last edited by MargaretR; 11-02-2008 at 11:01.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 13:52   #4
Resident Waffler

We used to spend our summers at Crag Bank in a caravan!

R.I.P. Roy Scheider. I didn't think he was that age either. I'd have said about 65.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 14:04   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

all of youse that didn't think he was that age ( me as well) are finding it hard to accept, yer own age. R.I.P.
Old 11-02-2008, 14:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
We used to spend our summers at Crag Bank in a caravan!
They were there in the 50s and 60s....before your time there probably,

and you probably didnt walk barefoot on the mudflats for hours on end as he did.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 19:15   #7
Junior Member+

damn shame. He was great in jaws. Especially the bit when he says "your gonna need a bigger boat"
chickentikkabalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 20:42   #8

R.I.P. Roy Scheider.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..