Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 21:37   #1
Full Member+

Child Benefit

I heard on todays news that from this week Child Benefit is to be restricted to 2 children. At Long Last !!!!! Course I dont suppose it will apply to the folk who already claim for 10 or 12 children just new claimants. Still it is welcome step in the right direction dont you think ?
Gremlin and Lord Love Rocket like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2017, 02:54   #2

Re: Child Benefit

Got a baby due anytime, third child every bit would have helped as well.

Oh hang on 6th April it kicks in, right curry for tea !!!!
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 05-04-2017 at 09:17. Reason: *'s
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 16:06   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I heard on todays news that from this week Child Benefit is to be restricted to 2 children. At Long Last !!!!! Course I dont suppose it will apply to the folk who already claim for 10 or 12 children just new claimants. Still it is welcome step in the right direction dont you think ?
When you say "step in the right direction",are you suggesting that it should be capped at one child or scrapped altogether?

What about those who find themselves having triplets, or other multiple births?

Your winter allowance may be next

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 17:21   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Should there still be any child benefit? Should people have a child if they are not in a financial position to support a child without expecting others to pay towards its upkeep?
Old 05-04-2017, 17:41   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Should there still be any child benefit? Should people have a child if they are not in a financial position to support a child without expecting others to pay towards its upkeep?
I'm sure you're aware that some folk have unplanned children,it's not the child's fault...is it?

password--Accyweb
Old 05-04-2017, 17:42   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats a damn good question, reason i had only 2, is cos it woulda been very hard to support more, with wages around here.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 05-04-2017, 17:43   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'm sure you're aware that some folk have unplanned children,it's not the child's fault...is it?
More often than not its can't be bothered.
Old 05-04-2017, 17:57   #8
Full Member+

In this day and age there is no excuse for having children if folk cannot afford to them.As for my comment ' A step in the right direction' I just think it is time something is done to reduce benefits so that they cannot be relied on in stead of folk getting off their backsides and working to keep their own families. My generation had personal pride and felt it their duty to provide for their families, taking any job that they could get. Ofcourse if folk were on the dole and they were offered a job and they didnt take it their dole money was stopped .
cashman likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 18:05   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Tonight on BBC News there was a woman with 7 kids saying her benefits had been reduced, well beggar me, how many "Unplanned" were in those 7?
Greeny likes this.
Old 05-04-2017, 18:06   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
In this day and age there is no excuse for having children if folk cannot afford to them .
What about if some poor soul was inpregnated via a sexual assault and decided to keep the child?

password--Accyweb
Old 05-04-2017, 18:11   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Tonight on BBC News there was a woman with 7 kids saying her benefits had been reduced, well beggar me, how many "Unplanned" were in those 7?
So is it a administration problem?
There's always some that take the Mick and the media will always try and demonise them while folk like to play armchair judges.

password--Accyweb
Old 05-04-2017, 18:19   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
No there shouldn't, at least, in a world where everyone is responsible for their actions, unfortunately too many folk don't consider having a small number of children to be something they should be responsible for.

Quote:
Of course it's not the child's fault, however irresponsible parents shouldn't get a free ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a damn good question, reason i had only 2, is cos it woulda been very hard to support more, with wages around here.
I also only had the two, anyone that wants more should be free to have them so long as they are prepared to take on the financial responsibility to feed clothe and educate them, it should be no-one elses responsibility.

Unfortunately that isn't the way it works, those that don't give a sod about anything tend to be the ones that ignore birth control, after all, society will take over from their lack of responsibility!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 18:35   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So is it a administration problem?
There's always some that take the Mick and the media will always try and demonise them while folk like to play armchair judges.
Its more a case of armchair dickheads.
Old 05-04-2017, 18:35   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course it's not the child's fault, however irresponsible parents shouldn't get a free ride.
Now that is something I can agree with.

password--Accyweb
Old 05-04-2017, 18:45   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
What about if some poor soul was inpregnated via a sexual assault and decided to keep the child?
Nothing to do with it, that is just you trying to side track from the main problem.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..