Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 15:59   #31
God Member

Re: Children arrested after attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
fair point but how would the defence be able to say they had no ulteria moties behind taken the child out of the garden?
That's the easy part for the defence, they could say they were 'intending' to play with him or take him for a walk. It's for the prosecution to prove that they did have deviant intention not the defence to prove that there wasn't.

Children do play together, even a parent looking out their back window and seeing a group of children talking to their 5 year old child wouldn't think anything of it

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 03-06-2005 at 18:44.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2005, 16:06   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
ime sorry but strangelation is not an action to hit somone its an action to end the life of somone

attempted murder should be the charge
Offences Against The Persons Act 1861, section 18 can still carry a life sentence chav
Old 03-06-2005, 16:09   #33

but was the parent aware of the children taking away their child? because if my five yr old was in the garden playing i wouldnt allow anybody to take him away from there
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 20:36   #34
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I agree, I think those children probably did know what they were doing. I just wondered at what age you all thought children did know what dead means.
Neil...I was 7 years old when my Gran died. I can remember thinking that I would never see her again......and that she would never ever help me to bake again........so for me it would be 7 years old.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 20:40   #35
Beacon of light

Another thing.......as a 12year old I used to play with younger kids.....house and stuff like that......but I would always go and ask the childs parent if we were going off anywhere......it was drummed into me. If I was going anywhere out of sight I had to tell an adult where I was going and who I was going with.

We used to playin Priestley Clough......we made swings and dens. The younger kids always wanted to come......but they had to ask their parents first.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34   #36
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Children are often very aware of the meaning of death from a very young age. They also accept death as part of life and tend not to be too upset about it when young. It is only as they grow to adulthood that death becomes upsetting.

I believe that these kids knew exactly what they were doing and that they do know the difference between right and wrong. There was probably a ringleader who the rest of the kids followed even though they knew it was wrong. I remember a little girl who lived around the corner from us when I was about 12. Whenever we went to the park and the little girl wanted to come with us, we had to ask her parents.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:15   #37
I am Banned

anyone still think

anyone still think those 5 kids didnt know what they were doing when they strangled that little boy...?
Attached Images
File Type: gif strangle.gif (20.6 KB, 15 views)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:39   #38

Re: anyone still think

I always believed they knew what they doing. I just can't understand why they did it. we all know that 5yr olds can be irksome but none deserve that!!! Its just downright evil regardless of what any lawyer, do-gooder e.t.c says!!!!!
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:20   #39
Senior Member+

lock em up and throw away the key ...it WILL happen again and next time the unlucky recipiant may not be so lucky

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28   #40
God Member

Poor little sweetheart!!! Little swines I hope they get what they deserve!!
Old 04-06-2005, 21:56   #41

Thumbs down Re: Children arrested after attack

Anyone who can do such a sick thing never mind the age should be punished in a way so that they would never be in a position to do it again!! My view is that they should be locked in a Detention Centre Indefinatley or until someone can prove that this kind of thing wont happen again!
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 22:25   #42

I agree. This is awful what has happened and its a poor do when your kiddies can't play anywhere safely
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 23:07   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

most people on accy web that have responded seem to be of the same mind about things like this tragic incident- also most ive spoken to that arent on here.so it seems to me that most of the general public are of the same opinion.so why arent the POWERS that be? i think the doo-gooders etc just dont give a monkeys about public opinion.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
most people on accy web that have responded seem to be of the same mind about things like this tragic incident- also most ive spoken to that arent on here.so it seems to me that most of the general public are of the same opinion.so why arent the POWERS that be? i think the doo-gooders etc just dont give a monkeys about public opinion.
No because the doo-gooders live in ivory towers away from the real world where things like this don't happen!! It's so incomprehesible to them that they will be unable to blame the evil little swynes that did it, and blame it on something else.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:34   #45
I am Banned

i cant wait until the day comes when one of these do gooders finds that on one side of their home a peodophile has moved in and a burgular has moved in on the other side of them

lets see how strong they stick to their opinions then :-)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..