Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 12:25   #16
God Member

Re: Chris Huhne

She served 23 years with a control freak for a husband.
Four months prison will be a picnic by comparison.

She hoped that she wouldn't be found guilty, but I feel sure that the satisfaction of ruining him is her compensation.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42   #17
Beacon of light

Margaret, I am with you there.
This man was conducting an extra-marital affair, whilst purporting to be a clean cut wholesome family man.
He only ditched his wife for his mistress because the papers were going to blow the gaff on him and he delivered the news that he was leaving his wife by telephone(allegedly).
He has lied consistently about something that would have had very few consequences if he had come clean in the first place.....and something that was of little relevance....Ok he would have got a driving ban, but this man is a millionaire - he can afford to employ a driver.
I would have done exactly the same if I had been in her shoes(well, except she has hurt her children, but I think they might get over it - especially when they look at the man who is their father).
She has sunk his career.......and though she has given up her lucrative job....I'm sure she will get another one.
She is well shut of this man. He is only useful as a bad example(or a doorstop).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 13:39   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think everyones aware what a piece of crap Huhne is, but lets face it, she aint no goody two shoes either.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:00   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I am with you there.
This man was conducting an extra-marital affair, whilst purporting to be a clean cut wholesome family man.
He only ditched his wife for his mistress because the papers were going to blow the gaff on him and he delivered the news that he was leaving his wife by telephone(allegedly).
He has lied consistently about something that would have had very few consequences if he had come clean in the first place.....and something that was of little relevance....Ok he would have got a driving ban, but this man is a millionaire - he can afford to employ a driver.
I would have done exactly the same if I had been in her shoes(well, except she has hurt her children, but I think they might get over it - especially when they look at the man who is their father).
She has sunk his career.......and though she has given up her lucrative job....I'm sure she will get another one.
She is well shut of this man. He is only useful as a bad example(or a doorstop).
Hang on, has being an asshole all of a sudden become a crime in the UK I followed this case briefly, only 'cause it made the headlines in the British press; but I was under the impression it was a criminal matter and nothing to do with the personal lives of the accused.

For some reason, a few lines from "Macbeth" popped into my head ... I sometimes think that I stuffed too much useless stuff in there

Son: "And must they all be hanged that swear and lie?"

Lady Macduff: "Every one."

S: "Who must hang them?"

LM: "Why, the honest men."

S: "Then the liars and swearers are fools,
for there are liars and swearers enow to beat
the honest men and hang up them."

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 14:18   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hang on, has being an asshole all of a sudden become a crime in the UK I followed this case briefly, only 'cause it made the headlines in the British press; but I was under the impression it was a criminal matter and nothing to do with the personal lives of the accused.
Seems to be the case wi some women Eric, Both were found guilty of dishonesty n perverting the court of justice, Both have got their just desert's How they carried on in their marriage is sod all to do wi these facts.
jaysay likes this.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:28   #21
Beacon of light

No it has nothing to do with the legalities, but everything to do with the motivation of Vicki Pryce.
She saw an opportunity to dig his political grave, and she took her chance (knowing full well that she was going to be implicated because she had been complicit in the offence. She obviously thought it was worth it.)......it was a case of 'hell hath no fury' and all that.
I think that most women bear a streak of that in their personality....I am being perfectly honest when I say that I certainly do.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:30   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Hang on, has being an asshole all of a sudden become a crime in the UK
No Eric....it isn't a crime, or the jails would be full to busting with MP's.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:37   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Sorry a trial has everything to do wi the legalities, otherwise we may as well all pack up.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:38   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No it has nothing to do with the legalities, but everything to do with the motivation of Vicki Pryce.
She saw an opportunity to dig his political grave, and she took her chance (knowing full well that she was going to be implicated because she had been complicit in the offence. She obviously thought it was worth it.)......it was a case of 'hell hath no fury' and all that.
I think that most women bear a streak of that in their personality....I am being perfectly honest when I say that I certainly do.
In other words, she misused the criminal justice system in order to revenge herself on her ex.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 14:41   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
In other words, she misused the criminal justice system in order to revenge herself on her ex.
If it fits a womens addenda thats fine.
Old 12-03-2013, 14:43   #26
God Member

Quote:
No - she decided that the truth should be known.
...even though it was never likely to make an honest man of him.

Old 12-03-2013, 14:48   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
No - she decided that the truth should be known.
...even though it was never likely to make an honest man of him.
So why was she sent down?
Old 12-03-2013, 14:59   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So why was she sent down?
She confessed to a crime.

I lived with a man with similar personality defects for 8 years.
I knew that he had committed perjury - I did nothing because he was a 'police witness'.
It must have been a 'trade off' for something he had done.

The justice system is corrupt, but eventually the truth gets out, and natural justice takes over.
...and he was 'offed' 20 years later by persons unknown. - coroner's verdict 'unexplained accident'.

Old 12-03-2013, 15:34   #29
God Member

she commited teh crime because she wanted to keep her husband out of trouble and the papers it was only when she wanted revenge that she reported it or it would have been reported a lot sooner.If there was any proof that she feared for her safety if she didnt do as he asked then she wouldnt have gone to prison

out of curiosity will she have to keep the 3 points or will they get taken off her licence and put on to her husbands where they should be ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 15:38   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its that long ago, will the points not have expired? or will be a fresh start?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..