Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 15:53   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Chris Huhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
In other words, she misused the criminal justice system in order to revenge herself on her ex.
I can't see how dobbing him in for something he did, was misusing the criminal justice system.
He thought he was above the law. Clearly he wasn't. If he had been honest(now, that is a concept - an honest politician) from the start, and admitted that he did get his wife to take his penalty points then none of this would have happened, but he lied and tried to save his political skin.

She felt justified in bringing down this man at some cost to herself...so she has paid for her revenge....and may end up paying financially for the court case.
They should both be charged with wasting police time too.
MargaretR likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 15:55   #32
Senior Member+

She was a self confidant, successful career woman, probably more dominant than dominated.
Why did she cover for him? Because she was married to a successful man who was going places and she fancied a cut if it.
Did he bully and threaten her into it? I doubt it, she doesn't seem a person easily bullied or threatened.
Why did she expose him? Revenge, to wreck his career and his life. She was misled by a journalist into thinking she could have her revenge at no cost to herself- what a fool.
Why did she claim he bullied her into it? She thought the jury would feel sorry for her and let her off- marital coercion. They didn't believe her, neither do I.
Overall probably not a very nice person-perhaps they deserved each other.
They both deserve what they got and more- you or I would have got more.

If every person whose partner cheated on them went to these lengths to utterly ruin them what an interesting world it would be. We wouldn't need World Wars.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 12-03-2013 at 16:01.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 16:22   #33
God Member

You cannot comprehend why she agreed to 'take his points' unless you have lived in a similar relationship.

She was earning more than him during their time together (as was I), so financial reasons do not explain it.

You cannot comprehend how 'control' creeps up on you insidiously, and you don't realise or understand how or why until you get release from it.

PS it is akin to Stockholm Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Last edited by MargaretR; 12-03-2013 at 16:26.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 16:30   #34
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
She was a self confidant, successful career woman, probably more dominant than dominated.
Why did she cover for him? Because she was married to a successful man who was going places and she fancied a cut if it.
Did he bully and threaten her into it? I doubt it, she doesn't seem a person easily bullied or threatened.
Why did she expose him? Revenge, to wreck his career and his life. She was misled by a journalist into thinking she could have her revenge at no cost to herself- what a fool.
Why did she claim he bullied her into it? She thought the jury would feel sorry for her and let her off- marital coercion. They didn't believe her, neither do I.
Overall probably not a very nice person-perhaps they deserved each other.
They both deserve what they got and more- you or I would have got more.

If every person whose partner cheated on them went to these lengths to utterly ruin them what an interesting world it would be. We wouldn't need World Wars.
I think she knew what the risks were when she took the action she did......she is not stupid woman.....but perhaps she felt it was worth the risk after the way in which he betrayed her.

And Gordon, with the greatest respect, none of us know what goes on inside a marriage....we only know what the two people want to tell us, and the truth is probably somewhere in between.
Old 12-03-2013, 16:38   #35
Senior Member+

I get the feeling that you ladies have a certain amount of admiration for what she did!
Ask yourselves- was it worth it?
Old 12-03-2013, 16:43   #36
Beacon of light

I have already said that I have a sneaking suspicion that I would have done exactly the same thing(I would have considered the cost and thought it to be worth taking the chance)...it isn't about admiration for what she did, but giving this arrogant man a taste of what he was keen to dish out to the mother of his children.
Old 12-03-2013, 16:44   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I get the feeling that you ladies have a certain amount of admiration for what she did!
Ask yourselves- was it worth it?
I feel sure that her answer is YES

I can compare this to my joy at learning my ex was dead and had died in a horrific fashion.

Last edited by MargaretR; 12-03-2013 at 16:48.
Old 12-03-2013, 17:29   #38
Senior Member+

This shows why women aren't fit to run the world!
Cutting off your nose to spite your face has never seemed a good idea to me.

'The USSR will totally obliterate the UK but we'll have the satisfaction of knowing we nuked Moscow first! That'll teach the Ruskies.'

Now a man would have sat and quietly thought 'How can I totally screw up this womans' life without any harm to myself, perhaps even some benefit?'

Much more sensible.
Old 12-03-2013, 18:07   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I am with you there.
This man was conducting an extra-marital affair, whilst purporting to be a clean cut wholesome family man.
He only ditched his wife for his mistress because the papers were going to blow the gaff on him and he delivered the news that he was leaving his wife by telephone(allegedly).
He has lied consistently about something that would have had very few consequences if he had come clean in the first place.....and something that was of little relevance....Of he would have got a driving ban, but this man is a millionaire - he can afford to employ a driver.
I would have done exactly the same if I had been in her shoes(well, except she has hurt her children, but I think they might get over it - especially when they look at the man who is their father).
She has sunk his career.......and though she has given up her lucrative job....I'm sure she will get another one.
She is well shut of this man. He is only useful as a bad example(or a doorstop).
I'm just a little surprised you've brought the children into this Margaret, what ever happens he is still their father, come hell or high water. When I split from my first wife and I saw the kids I was never tempted to try and blacken their mothers name although I had plenty of reasons to do so. I see my eldest Daughter every week and speak to her every day virtually, even though her mother died 24 years ago the only thing I've ever talked about are the good times we had as a family, Kids shouldn't be used as pawn in any marital game
maxthecollie likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 18:08   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems to be the case wi some women Eric, Both were found guilty of dishonesty n perverting the court of justice, Both have got their just desert's How they carried on in their marriage is sod all to do wi these facts.
spot on cashy
Old 12-03-2013, 18:11   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No it has nothing to do with the legalities, but everything to do with the motivation of Vicki Pryce.
She saw an opportunity to dig his political grave, and she took her chance (knowing full well that she was going to be implicated because she had been complicit in the offence. She obviously thought it was worth it.)......it was a case of 'hell hath no fury' and all that.
I think that most women bear a streak of that in their personality....I am being perfectly honest when I say that I certainly do.
You think that women are always on the receiving end in a Marriage Margaret, Some blokes I know are saints for putting up with some of the crap they get dished out
Old 12-03-2013, 18:21   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You cannot comprehend why she agreed to 'take his points' unless you have lived in a similar relationship.

She was earning more than him during their time together (as was I), so financial reasons do not explain it.

You cannot comprehend how 'control' creeps up on you insidiously, and you don't realise or understand how or why until you get release from it.

PS it is akin to Stockholm Syndrome

Stockholm syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I once lived with a woman, the world outside thought I was the luckiest guy around, but outside impressions are very deceptive, I was with her for around two years, but decided I wanted more in life than being dominated by a very very attractive woman, and eventually called it quits. Your totally right Margaret about control creeping up on you, but its not a one sided affair male over female, luckily I realized early enough and made an exit stage left
Old 12-03-2013, 18:24   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I feel sure that her answer is YES

I can compare this to my joy at learning my ex was dead and had died in a horrific fashion.
your a very very sad person Margaret, that's all I can say really, feeling joy that another human being has died in terrible circumstances
norwich stanley likes this.
Old 12-03-2013, 18:44   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
your a very very sad person Margaret, that's all I can say really, feeling joy that another human being has died in terrible circumstances
He had made two more women suffer after me (that I know of). Thank goodness there weren't to be more.

I suppose you were sad when Stalin died

There are just some people the world is better off without.

Last edited by MargaretR; 12-03-2013 at 18:47.
Old 12-03-2013, 18:47   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
He had made two more women suffer after me (that I know of). Thank goodness there weren't to be more.

I suppose you were sad when Stalin died
Was I born when he died

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..