Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 18:51   #46
God Member

Re: Chris Huhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He thought he was above the law.
How can you know what he was thinking? This is mere speculation, and you use it to construct an argument Could be a case of heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 19:49   #47
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
This shows why women aren't fit to run the world!
Cutting off your nose to spite your face has never seemed a good idea to me.

'The USSR will totally obliterate the UK but we'll have the satisfaction of knowing we nuked Moscow first! That'll teach the Ruskies.'

Now a man would have sat and quietly thought 'How can I totally screw up this womans' life without any harm to myself, perhaps even some benefit?'

Much more sensible.
How is it cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Chris Huhne(and many other men) have ruined the life of the woman in their life by their actions...they didn't think about it......it wasn't calculated as such, but ruin their life they did.

The analogy with the Russians and nuclear weapons in inappropriate and irrelevant.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-03-2013 at 19:57.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 19:57   #48
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
How can you know what he was thinking? This is mere speculation, and you use it to construct an argument Could be a case of heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned.
His actions make me think that he felt he was above the law(as with many other incidences with politicians)....and also the fact that this case took so long to come to court leads me to conclude that there was some skulduggery.....that perhaps he was trying to use his political influence to defray the charges....of course I have no evidence of this......but he has proved himself to be untrustworthy and duplicitous, so I wouldn't be at all surprised.
Old 12-03-2013, 20:05   #49
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm just a little surprised you've brought the children into this Margaret, what ever happens he is still their father, come hell or high water. When I split from my first wife and I saw the kids I was never tempted to try and blacken their mothers name although I had plenty of reasons to do so. I see my eldest Daughter every week and speak to her every day virtually, even though her mother died 24 years ago the only thing I've ever talked about are the good times we had as a family, Kids shouldn't be used as pawn in any marital game
I didn't bring the children into it....Vicki Pryce did.......but is seems according to reports(if you believe what the newspapers tell us) the children of this marriage were already estranged from their father.

Who says that Vicki Pryce blackened her ex husbands character...these are grown up children and are quite capable of seeing what goes on inside their parents relationship, and make their own judgements.
Old 12-03-2013, 20:19   #50
Beacon of light

Quote:
You think that women are always on the receiving end in a Marriage Margaret, Some blokes I know are saints for putting up with some of the crap they get dished out
John....where did I say that?......Please do not put words into my mouth.

Not all marriages/partnerships work out, but the adult way is to treat one another with a modicum of respect.
Chris Huhne did not do that.......he phoned his wife to tell her that he was leaving her for Carina Trimingham. Had the newspapers not been about to publish reports of his liason, who knows how it would all have turned out.

Had I been in the same position, I might have done exactly the same.
Disrespect earns disrespect.
Old 12-03-2013, 20:37   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Chris Huhne(and many other men) have ruined the life of the woman in their life by their actions...they didn't think about it......it wasn't calculated as such, but ruin their life they did.

The analogy with the Russians and nuclear weapons in inappropriate and irrelevant.
She risked cutting off her career and putting herself in jail to spite him by cutting off his career and putting him in jail. She lost.
She cost herself a lot of money and her reputation to cost him a lot of money and his reputation.

The analogy with Russia-there's no satisfaction or victory in knocking someone down if you're knocked down doing it.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold- she couldn't wait for it to cool down, tried to eat it hot and got burnt.

Don't forget, for every woman whose husband leaves her for another woman there is-the other woman. What about her husband and family?

To balance your remark, Margaret,Many women have ruined the life of the man in their life by their actions.

Nobody said it would be fair.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 21:50   #52
Beacon of light

Gordon...she didn't cut off her nose....she dobbed in a lying cheating husband.
She knew exactly what she was doing....they both cost each other money...but as they have pots of it I guess they reckoned they could afford it.
He will probably be back in politics before his prison mattress has gone cold and she will still have the capacity to earn money.
Yes of course...it takes two to do the horizontal tango.......some of those 'other women' do not have a husband.
As I said in my previous post...not all partnerships last, but when they come apart at the seams there should be a modicum of respect for what went before.....in this case it was a marriage of 23 years........ended by him and a phone call to tell her she had half an hour before the press descended on her doorstep.......this was a man who portrayed himself as a wholesome clean living family man for the benefit of his political career...nothing else!

You are right...no-one said it would be fair...exept in this case, at least they both got the same sentence.
Old 12-03-2013, 22:19   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Gordon...she didn't cut off her nose....she dobbed in a lying cheating husband.
She knew exactly what she was doing....they both cost each other money...but as they have pots of it I guess they reckoned they could afford it.
He will probably be back in politics before his prison mattress has gone cold and she will still have the capacity to earn money.
Yes of course...it takes two to do the horizontal tango.......some of those 'other women' do not have a husband.
As I said in my previous post...not all partnerships last, but when they come apart at the seams there should be a modicum of respect for what went before.....in this case it was a marriage of 23 years........ended by him and a phone call to tell her she had half an hour before the press descended on her doorstep.......this was a man who portrayed himself as a wholesome clean living family man for the benefit of his political career...nothing else!

You are right...no-one said it would be fair...exept in this case, at least they both got the same sentence.
I have to disagree yon also, Fer me it was not fair they got the same sentence, He should have got a longer un, Only reason he didn't is cos he plead guilty from the start of the trial,
Old 12-03-2013, 22:59   #54
God Member

Quote:
Was I born when he died
yeah you saw the wheel invented way before he was born

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 07:49   #55
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have to disagree yon also, Fer me it was not fair they got the same sentence, He should have got a longer un, Only reason he didn't is cos he plead guilty from the start of the trial,
They were both as bad as each other....and I reckon from comments that the judge made - he didn't like Vicki Pryce(maybe the judge was the same kind of fellow that C.H. is.......and thinks that women should be shackled to a sink, barefoot and pregnant....and do a man's bidding) he certainly gave her character an assassination in the summing up, called her a liar without resorting to those words.....and his way of redressing the balance was to give CH and her the same sentence.
As I said in post 2, they should be made to spend their sentence in the same cell for the whole 10 weeks or whatever it is they will serve(it certainly won't be 8 months).
Oh yes and Cashy, CH proclaimed his innocence from the moment he was arrested......said he would look forward to his day in court, where he would be exonerated......and only changed his plea on the first morning of his trial.
How much police and CPS time did this waste..........I concur, for the time wasting, he should have got longer and had to spend the time in Wandsworth, not some cushy open prison.
Old 13-03-2013, 08:01   #56
God Member

If you believe the daily fail, he is being bullied (What a shame)
...and has asked to be moved to the paedo wing.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 09:17   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:

And its never been the other way round Margaret
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 09:21   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
She risked cutting off her career and putting herself in jail to spite him by cutting off his career and putting him in jail. She lost.
She cost herself a lot of money and her reputation to cost him a lot of money and his reputation.

The analogy with Russia-there's no satisfaction or victory in knocking someone down if you're knocked down doing it.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold- she couldn't wait for it to cool down, tried to eat it hot and got burnt.

Don't forget, for every woman whose husband leaves her for another woman there is-the other woman. What about her husband and family?

To balance your remark, Margaret,Many women have ruined the life of the man in their life by their actions.

Nobody said it would be fair.
Exactly Gordon, that's why the Chinese proverb is apt first dig two graves there are no winners just two losers
Old 13-03-2013, 09:26   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
John....where did I say that?......Please do not put words into my mouth.

Not all marriages/partnerships work out, but the adult way is to treat one another with a modicum of respect.
Chris Huhne did not do that.......he phoned his wife to tell her that he was leaving her for Carina Trimingham. Had the newspapers not been about to publish reports of his liaison, who knows how it would all have turned out.

Had I been in the same position, I might have done exactly the same.
Disrespect earns disrespect.
Ya Margaret I hear what your saying, unfortunately I was on the receiving end twice, the last time was when my second wife walked out after telling a close friend that she wasn't waiting around until they screwed the coffin lid down, that was 24 years ago, okay the screw driver is now on the mantelpiece but I'm still batting, so excuse me if I have very little sympathy with women
Old 13-03-2013, 09:28   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quite agree, if it had been you or me cashy we'd have got double the sentence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..