Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2012, 13:07   #1

Christ Church, Accrington - Criminal Caught in the Act

Last night, at approx 22.50 a resident of Christ church square was caught with screw driver in hand letting down the rear tyre of my car parked outside no3. This is the partner of one of our "pillars of society, good Christian, woodnook RA member, alleged personal friend of cllr Dobson & ex Mayor cllr Barton, etc, etc, etc."
How convenient that when we knocked on their door living room light was on but no one to be seen or answering door ! Until they thought we'd gone & appeared at side door, proceeded to lie and try to act innocent. Well u were caught in the act and had sister not had nephew in hands would've been filmed in the act too. Thank god footy over ran & she'd forgot her keys and had to come back to my house for them.
Police have been called
August bank holiday bout 3 hrs ago I dared to park on the square in the "residents carpark"'(is public highway). My front tyre (brand new) was slashed. Police told me another person who'd dared to do same few weeks previous had all tyres slashed (expensive BMW ones).
Think it's a bit obvious now who the criminal responsible was!

Last edited by dusty mears; 25-06-2012 at 13:16.
dusty mears is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2012, 13:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Christ Church, Accrington - Criminal Caught in the Act

I hope the police cat on it ,that is if they can find the time to bother.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:14   #3

update - at 04.50am said, alleged criminal was knocking on my door. reported it to police around 08.30 and was told to ring 999 if they came back. well they did at around 9am. so police called again as instructed.
2 very nice officers turned up. gave them briefing on goings on, so they went to see what criminal had to say. Police came back amazed, in 30+ years experience between them, have never known anything like it - they were sat there nearly in tears, saying they;d been waiting for police to turn up.
anyway they've been given harrassment warning and asked me to get tyre checked as no damage apparent. despite me saying it was flat as. went to get tyre checked and it's been punctured through side wall, so irrepairable, meaning new tyre = criminal damage confirmed.
the person apparently hadnt recalled me speaking (ranting actually) at them last night, or anything else, didint know what they'd done or why but knew they'd done something, would pay for any damage, apologised for what they'd done and didnt know what time it was this morning at 04.50 and hadnt harrassed me.
umm - hammering on door, damaging vehicle - gives a bit of a clue.
so he got a piece of my mind with the police as witnesses, told by me to keep away, etc.
Long live the village idiot, we've all got one !!!!!!! Couldnt lie straight in bed !
Old 25-06-2012, 13:15   #4

i must say i couldnt fault the police at all. they were excellent
Old 25-06-2012, 13:30   #5
Resting in Peace

Absolute disgrace .... what a mean act !!!

Presume they have a car ? (No, I didn't actually type that, did I ?)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:35   #6
Beacon of light

Kate, you only posted exactly what I thought...what goes around comes around.......and yet, who wants to descend to their level?
I would rather do a good turn than a bad one.
Karma(the celestial sort) to the perpetrators.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:42   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Kate, you only posted exactly what I thought...what goes around comes around.......and yet, who wants to descend to their level?
I would rather do a good turn than a bad one.
Karma(the celestial sort) to the perpetrators.
I know, Margaret ... was only joking. Sure Dusty Mears felt like it at some stage though ... but won't ... that's what sets us apart from this vindictive couple.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:45   #8
Beacon of light

Spot on Kate.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:48   #9

Name them, this vindictive pair. Name them and shame them I say.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 13:49   #10

yes they do have a car but actually i wanted the criminal arrested and name/shame in paper. they're a couple of sanctamonious, hypocritical, supercillious, nominals (less than worthless).
anyway, getting an harrasment order and giving piece of my mind in front of the police, watching him squirm and beg not to be arrrested, gave me some satisfaction.
as does knowing the whole neighbourhood is aware of it - named and shamed publically - the flyer told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Old 25-06-2012, 13:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Name them, this vindictive pair. Name them and shame them I say.
would love to Jim but then the posting would be taken down and that'd be counter productive ! the whole neighbourhood knows who they are ! That's enough and it dont take Poirott to work out who, there's only a few houses on the square !
Old 25-06-2012, 13:53   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty mears View Post
.....August bank holiday bout 3 hrs ago I dared to park on the square in the "residents carpark"'(is public highway). My front tyre (brand new) was slashed. Police told me another person who'd dared to do same few weeks previous had all tyres slashed (expensive BMW ones).
Think it's a bit obvious now who the criminal responsible was!
Was'nt that 3 years ago, and didn't somebody loosen the wheel nuts on your car on another occassion.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Neil; 26-06-2012 at 07:12. Reason: fix quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 15:13   #13
God Member

do you know the owner of the BMW that was dammaged or who they were visiting it may be worth letting him or her know who was resposible

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 17:46   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
flipping god botherers

A slow puncture to the side wall could have endangered the lives of the people travelling in the car and those around them say on the motorway.

what absolute scum.

I hope their supposed upstandingness in the community dosnt get them treated any lighter infact they should be made an example of .
Their supposed upstandingness only exists in their own heads, & those who have been conned into thinking they are upstanding. Some of us have known them for a good number of years, & know them for what they are.
No body has seen her highness since this lot started.

Last edited by Retlaw; 25-06-2012 at 17:49.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 18:19   #15
God Member

A quick google search shows he is a company director - which company?

(I ask to see whether a boycott of his goods/services would be feasible)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..