Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 14:17   #196

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Margaret, I care and as it says in the good book:-

“Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”

It is obvious Margaret that you care or you wouldn't keep coming back for more. This thread was dead until I turned up and made a chance remark and then it was like setting off a batch of MLRS missiles. Tell me, do all atheists live in Accrington. Or was I unlucky to hit a dark spot?
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2013, 14:20   #197
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Sorry Fellas - can't discuss work. Official secrets and all that.
It was you that brought the subject up, the rest of us that signed the act keep quiet.

Perhaps instead of shouting it you should have kept stum?
Old 11-11-2013, 14:23   #198

Quote:
It is obvious Margaret that you care or you wouldn't keep coming back for more. This thread was dead until I turned up and made a chance remark and then it was like setting off a batch of MLRS missiles. Tell me, do all atheists live in Accrington. Or was I unlucky to hit a dark spot?
I might just search out the thread of the last God botherer we ran out of town.
Old 11-11-2013, 14:26   #199
Beacon of light

I keep coming back to see what more you can add to this discussion......and you rate yourself very highly......anyone can re activate a dead post by simply posting to it.
Coming back to this post is a bit like picking a big scab on your knee. You know you shouldn't be doing it, you know it will make you bleed all over your white socks, you know you will get told off for doing it....be told that you will bear the scar forever....but still you do it.

I don't think you have hit a black spot, just that people see less relevance of religion in their lives......and I would hazard a guess that this would be the case in what ever town you raised these issues.
jaysay and Eric like this.
Old 11-11-2013, 15:16   #200
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I don't think you have hit a black spot, just that people see less relevance of religion in their lives......and I would hazard a guess that this would be the case in what ever town you raised these issues.
Maybe he should hang out in Kabul ... religion seems pretty relevant there

I keep coming back to this thread 'cause it's a cold, blustery day with intermittent flurries, and Kevin is providing free entertainment ...

Hi Kevin ... thank you.
Old 11-11-2013, 15:36   #201
God Member

I thought that 'K99' was maybe the number of the 'Ward' where he was 'committed'.

Old 11-11-2013, 15:40   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe he should hang out in Kabul ... religion seems pretty relevant there

I keep coming back to this thread 'cause it's a cold, blustery day with intermittent flurries, and Kevin is providing free entertainment ...

Hi Kevin ... thank you.
Well I am glad that you find it entertaining Eric. A case of laugh now, pay later.

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Wow! Really?
Old 11-11-2013, 15:42   #203
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I might just search out the thread of the last God botherer we ran out of town.
Ran out of town? interesting turn of phrase from somebody who has a picture of serial kiddie fiddler Stuart Hall as his new avatar.
Old 11-11-2013, 15:46   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Ran out of town? interesting turn of phrase from somebody who has a picture of serial kiddie fiddler Stuart Hall as his new avatar.
Wrong again aren't you?

I notice kiddie fiddler crops up a great deal when you are attacking others, have you a guilty concience your trying to pass on?

By the way, nobody and I really do mean nobody, is interested in any of your snide remarks, you have gone out of your way to be unpopular and succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.
Old 11-11-2013, 15:57   #205
God Member

It is even beyond the imaginings of a conspiracy theorist to deduce that Kevin and Stuart Hall are one and the same - DtheP, if you make snide remarks it pays to keep abreast of events

Old 11-11-2013, 16:02   #206
Resting In Peace

Proof, of course, is no substitute for FAITH, says he a few pages back... try telling that to a real scientist, not a Christian one,
Old 11-11-2013, 16:06   #207
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Btw, I wonder how many 'good deeds' K99WARD does....wouldn't have much time to spare to help others after looking up all the quotes he is so fond of using and so very kindly sharing them with us.....
.....am crossing my fingers that he has run out of things to say. Don't think it will work somehow.
But Dotti, the quotes ARE his good deed to us, so he doesn't have to bother about doing anything more practical...
Restless likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 16:17   #208
Senior Member+

Quote:
It is obvious Margaret Tell me, do all atheists live in Accrington.
Margaret. I didn't know you was at the centre of Accrington's Atheist community. Learn something new everyday. Praise be to her.

Last edited by Restless; 11-11-2013 at 16:19.
Old 11-11-2013, 16:33   #209
Beacon of light

Neither did I Rob, but this chap seems to think he knows me better than I know myself...and I know it isn't my husband who is doing these posts, because he doesn't know one end of the computer from another...and anyway all the computer gear is with me.
Old 11-11-2013, 16:41   #210
JFT96

Is this him?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..